MBB at Portland

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
Domako
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:53 pm
Location: Missoula, MT

MBB at Portland

Post by Domako » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:43 pm

Bobcats really good on the defensive end right now. 25-12 6:00 left in the first half.


Tom Domako

Domako
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:53 pm
Location: Missoula, MT

Re: MBB at Portland

Post by Domako » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:52 pm

30 - 22 Bobcats 1:23 left in the first half.


Tom Domako

Domako
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:53 pm
Location: Missoula, MT

Re: MBB at Portland

Post by Domako » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:58 pm

32 - 22 end of the half. Great defense in the first half. Portland shoots 27% and 0-9 from 3pt range.


Tom Domako

User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4866
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: MBB at Portland

Post by RickRund » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:13 pm

CATS are looking pretty good today. Aggressive, hustling, shooting ok.

Let's just get that Curtiss guy off the floor. Loved when the announced said she doesn't know why the CATS keep coming to the net and keep getting rejected. Well, probably because the CATS want him in foul trouble!!! That's my guess.



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6092
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: MBB at Portland

Post by iaafan » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:27 pm

RickRund wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:13 pm
CATS are looking pretty good today. Aggressive, hustling, shooting ok.

Let's just get that Curtiss guy off the floor. Loved when the announced said she doesn't know why the CATS keep coming to the net and keep getting rejected. Well, probably because the CATS want him in foul trouble!!! That's my guess.
Five blocks per 1 foul. Not a good ratio. She might be right on this one.



Domako
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:53 pm
Location: Missoula, MT

Re: MBB at Portland

Post by Domako » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:45 pm

Portland heating up.


Tom Domako

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14624
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: MBB at Portland

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:47 pm

Portland 10-10 fts this half. Three offensive fouls on MSU this half. MSU doesn’t seem to know who can do what, namely make shots, on offense.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Domako
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:53 pm
Location: Missoula, MT

Re: MBB at Portland

Post by Domako » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:02 pm

Down 1 with :49 seconds, totally different team the 2nd half.


Tom Domako

User avatar
BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: Belgrade, Montana

Re: MBB at Portland

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:10 pm

blew it



Domako
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:53 pm
Location: Missoula, MT

Re: MBB at Portland

Post by Domako » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:12 pm

Lost by 3, we missed a layup with about 3 seconds left to put us up 1. Had a chance to win, but didn't finish.


Tom Domako

User avatar
Helcat72
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3684
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:47 pm
Location: Helena

Re: MBB at Portland

Post by Helcat72 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:15 pm

We were 9/13 at the line...they were 25/26. Outscored by 16 at the line! Whether that's the refs or us, it's bad. Two or three times they missed and we were called for a lane violation.


2020 Beat the Covids!

CatAttack22
New Recruit
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:46 pm

Re: MBB at Portland

Post by CatAttack22 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:24 pm

The refing was for sure an issue. The phantom tripping call on Belo was a big play in the game. I do think its worth acknowledging the broadcasting crew. They did a great job all game and kept it interesting. Overall, exciting game to watch but the free throw disadvantage was the deciding factor. I think the Cats have a potential to make a run during Big Sky play. The defense has been solid but if they can get more consistent looks on offense,,,watch out!



Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3638
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: MBB at Portland

Post by Cataholic » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:31 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:15 pm
We were 9/13 at the line...they were 25/26. Outscored by 16 at the line! Whether that's the refs or us, it's bad. Two or three times they missed and we were called for a lane violation.
I think it was 3 free throw lane violations against us. Not sure if I have ever seen that in a game on the same team. The refs were awful. The offensive charges were questionable. And that “phantom” foul on Belo toward the end really impacted the game. Belo never touched the defender on the ball who tripped. The foul took away two points, gave Belo four fouls and put him on the bench.



User avatar
Helcat72
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3684
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:47 pm
Location: Helena

Re: MBB at Portland

Post by Helcat72 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:39 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:31 pm
Helcat72 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:15 pm
We were 9/13 at the line...they were 25/26. Outscored by 16 at the line! Whether that's the refs or us, it's bad. Two or three times they missed and we were called for a lane violation.
I think it was 3 free throw lane violations against us. Not sure if I have ever seen that in a game on the same team. The refs were awful. The offensive charges were questionable. And that “phantom” foul on Belo toward the end really impacted the game. Belo never touched the defender on the ball who tripped. The foul took away two points, gave Belo four fouls and put him on the bench.
Correctamundo!


2020 Beat the Covids!

User avatar
Helcat72
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3684
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:47 pm
Location: Helena

Re: MBB at Portland

Post by Helcat72 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:44 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:47 pm
Portland 10-10 fts this half. Three offensive fouls on MSU this half. MSU doesn’t seem to know who can do what, namely make shots, on offense.
I agree Tom...they haven't learned their roles yet. That true freshman sure gave Belo fits. He kept getting the ball underneath and trying to lay it up off the glass. Maybe he should try flushing it once in a while. I don't know how easy that would be, but it looks like he may draw a foul.


2020 Beat the Covids!

BobcatDel
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 427
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:54 pm

Re: MBB at Portland

Post by BobcatDel » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:56 pm

Anyone know Kirby status? Seems to be a non-factor/contributor this year? Injury or something else?

I wasn’t able to watch all game or last game, caught most of second half but didn’t see him at all....could he have added some relief/help on inside with Belo sitting? Just wondering.....



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14624
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: MBB at Portland

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:18 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:44 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:47 pm
Portland 10-10 fts this half. Three offensive fouls on MSU this half. MSU doesn’t seem to know who can do what, namely make shots, on offense.
I agree Tom...they haven't learned their roles yet. That true freshman sure gave Belo fits. He kept getting the ball underneath and trying to lay it up off the glass. Maybe he should try flushing it once in a while. I don't know how easy that would be, but it looks like he may draw a foul.
Portland was 17-17 fts second half. MSU 2-5. MSU only fouled once out of desperation, so it’s not like Sprinkle was telling them to foul to get the ball back. I think MSU may have called for as many offensive fouls as Portland was called for fouls in the second half.

Three **starters** were four for 21. You have to hope that’s an anomaly.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
nevadacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1329
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:25 am
Location: Las Vegas

Re: MBB at Portland

Post by nevadacat » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:51 pm

The white haired ref was clueless. He was as big a factor as Ali.

Play by play announcer was a cross between Tig Notaro and Dick Vitale.


...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10275
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Mt Vernon, WA
Contact:

Re: MBB at Portland

Post by CelticCat » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:51 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:56 pm
Anyone know Kirby status? Seems to be a non-factor/contributor this year? Injury or something else?

I wasn’t able to watch all game or last game, caught most of second half but didn’t see him at all....could he have added some relief/help on inside with Belo sitting? Just wondering.....
Kirby and Bilal Shibazz both stayed home due to Covid protocols.


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

User avatar
Catfanatic84
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 865
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:35 pm

Re: MBB at Portland

Post by Catfanatic84 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:28 am

Frustrating to think MSU could just as easily be 4-1 if the close losses at Pacific and Portland went the other way. This team has a lot of potential. If they begin to gel, I think they'll be in the top 3-4 teams of the Big Sky.



Post Reply