UNLV

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6092
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: UNLV

Post by iaafan » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:09 am

I actually thought the Griz would beat SC. They're not the same without Okongwu (No. 10 pick in NBA draft). California Baptist took SC to overtime in their first game. SC plays BYU tomorrow in a tourney in Connecticut.



Griz__00
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:34 am

Re: UNLV

Post by Griz__00 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:07 pm

iaafan wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:09 am
I actually thought the Griz would beat SC. They're not the same without Okongwu (No. 10 pick in NBA draft). California Baptist took SC to overtime in their first game. SC plays BYU tomorrow in a tourney in Connecticut.
All they did was replace Okongwu with another projected top 5 pick, Evan Mobley. This was a horrible match up for any Big Sky team from the start. Our style as a team is to not rely on the 3 ball and take it to the cup. When you are going to the cup against the Mobley brothers, don’t really like our chances.
They may have lost Okongwu, but they brought in Evan Mobley and some marquee transfers in both the backcourt (Eady, Bauman) but also the front court(White).



DwaineF
New Recruit
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:07 am

Re: UNLV

Post by DwaineF » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:05 pm

I always thought "moral victories" were for losers.



Griz__00
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:34 am

Re: UNLV

Post by Griz__00 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:14 pm

DwaineF wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:05 pm
I always thought "moral victories" were for losers.
Never said it was a moral victory. Also very funny how every time y’all even have a close game with us you say “at least we didn’t get our asses run out of the gym this time”. The losing program is out here talking ****** like they are a winning one, after beating UNLV. Sorry man, this isn’t the 90s anymore.



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4866
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: UNLV

Post by RickRund » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:16 pm

Although early in the game it is UNLV leading 13-3.....



User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9530
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: UNLV

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:32 pm



"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3638
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: UNLV

Post by Cataholic » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:02 pm

INLV 30 - #15 ranked North Carolina 37 at the half.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14624
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: UNLV

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:03 pm

Griz__00 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:07 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:09 am
I actually thought the Griz would beat SC. They're not the same without Okongwu (No. 10 pick in NBA draft). California Baptist took SC to overtime in their first game. SC plays BYU tomorrow in a tourney in Connecticut.
All they did was replace Okongwu with another projected top 5 pick, Evan Mobley. This was a horrible match up for any Big Sky team from the start. Our style as a team is to not rely on the 3 ball and take it to the cup. When you are going to the cup against the Mobley brothers, don’t really like our chances.
They may have lost Okongwu, but they brought in Evan Mobley and some marquee transfers in both the backcourt (Eady, Bauman) but also the front court(White).
I agree Mobley is an adequate replacement for Okongwu, but I don't think USC was that great last year. They were ranked 36th in the final AP poll. Lots of high draft picks play for teams that aren't that great. The Griz did a good job hanging around vs. USC and UM probably has a better team this year than MSU. Hard to say after one game that MSU is better. The BSC still isn't far off the bottom of the NCAA until they prove that's not the case. The Big Sky champ routinely gets smashed in the first round of the NCAAs. It's been so long since the BSC sent a good team. I think WSU had a couple good teams back in the 90s. There hasn't been a good BSC win since. I think only once since then when UM beat Nevada. Even that was a long time ago.

There needs to be a tourney for small schools. I think after the first weekend of the Big Dance, they should take all the small conference teams that have been knocked out and put them in a group of 16/32 teams and have something similar to the FCS football playoffs.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Griz__00
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:34 am

Re: UNLV

Post by Griz__00 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:26 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:02 pm
INLV 30 - #15 ranked North Carolina 37 at the half.
This is where you need to watch the games. UNLV came out hot and couldn’t miss. UNC quite the opposite. UNC now leads by 20 and has the bench in. No looking back from here. Since the start, they’ve outscored them by 30.



Griz__00
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:34 am

Re: UNLV

Post by Griz__00 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:28 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:03 pm
Griz__00 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:07 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:09 am
I actually thought the Griz would beat SC. They're not the same without Okongwu (No. 10 pick in NBA draft). California Baptist took SC to overtime in their first game. SC plays BYU tomorrow in a tourney in Connecticut.
All they did was replace Okongwu with another projected top 5 pick, Evan Mobley. This was a horrible match up for any Big Sky team from the start. Our style as a team is to not rely on the 3 ball and take it to the cup. When you are going to the cup against the Mobley brothers, don’t really like our chances.
They may have lost Okongwu, but they brought in Evan Mobley and some marquee transfers in both the backcourt (Eady, Bauman) but also the front court(White).
I agree Mobley is an adequate replacement for Okongwu, but I don't think USC was that great last year. They were ranked 36th in the final AP poll. Lots of high draft picks play for teams that aren't that great. The Griz did a good job hanging around vs. USC and UM probably has a better team this year than MSU. Hard to say after one game that MSU is better. The BSC still isn't far off the bottom of the NCAA until they prove that's not the case. The Big Sky champ routinely gets smashed in the first round of the NCAAs. It's been so long since the BSC sent a good team. I think WSU had a couple good teams back in the 90s. There hasn't been a good BSC win since. I think only once since then when UM beat Nevada. Even that was a long time ago.

There needs to be a tourney for small schools. I think after the first weekend of the Big Dance, they should take all the small conference teams that have been knocked out and put them in a group of 16/32 teams and have something similar to the FCS football playoffs.
Agreed, but this is where I’m glad that the Cats at least appear to be headed in the right direction. The more solid teams we get that can compete in non conference, the better recruits us, as a conference, will be able to attract.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14624
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: UNLV

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:37 pm

Unlv trailing Alabama 44-38 early second half. Tied at 38 at halftime.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Post Reply