Kati Burrows-Mobley leaving

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Kati Burrows-Mobley leaving

Post by Hawks86 » Mon May 11, 2020 11:45 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Kati Burrows-Mobley leaving

Post by mslacat » Mon May 11, 2020 12:20 pm

Man two high quality assistant coaches, move on in just a few weeks. On the plus side they are leaving with a stron 2020 recruiting class and a big head start on our 2021 & 2022 classes!

Got a couple names to consider mainly for shock value! how about Shannon Schweyen ( or I hear she was an excellent assistant for Selvig) or Joslyn Tinkle (word is she is actively seeking a coaching position)

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Mon May 11, 2020 12:37 pm

😢 ...... hate to see her leave, she had a major impact on the program. Hard to be committed to traveling when you have a new born at home. Looks like this is the right move for her and her family.
Kati’s hire was just as important as having Stockton on the bench. I’m confident that Binford will make two good hires to fill her staff. Is our hiring freeze going to impact our ability to fill positions?

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Mon May 11, 2020 2:47 pm

mslacat wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:20 pm
Man two high quality assistant coaches, move on in just a few weeks. On the plus side they are leaving with a stron 2020 recruiting class and a big head start on our 2021 & 2022 classes!

Got a couple names to consider mainly for shock value! how about Shannon Schweyen ( or I hear she was an excellent assistant for Selvig) or Joslyn Tinkle (word is she is actively seeking a coaching position)
Hard, HARD pass on Schweyen. We are better than UMCC, we don't need failed griz retreads for our program.

Tinkle would be very interesting. Don't know much about her, or her coaching background, but she grew up in a coaching family and was a heck of a player.

GO CATS GO!!!

bobcat2651
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by bobcat2651 » Tue May 12, 2020 12:21 pm

that is quite a career of winning at every stage, now she will be able to spend more time with family. thanks and enjoy the next chapter of your life

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue May 12, 2020 4:12 pm

Wow! Happy for you, Kati! But unhappy for WBB fans. You are one of those rare people that just wins, wins, wins. Six Big Sky Championships at MSU and you’ve been a part of five of them.
Last edited by Bobcat4Ever on Mon May 18, 2020 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:08 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri May 15, 2020 4:06 pm

It should be noted that Kati will be an assistant for the boy's team. What a great opportunity, and awesome to see talented women breaking into coaching positions of boy's/men's teams!

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Sun May 17, 2020 8:47 am

No doubt she’ll do a great job for the boys team. I have to believe that she’ll be a head coach somewhere soon. The Women’s team should be good next season, but with replacing two coaches, dealing with Covid-19 and replacing 5 seniors it’s going to be a challenge. Are the Freshmen coming in early this summer? Is there even summer school? Will there even be a season? I see NAU as the preseason favorite, they have the luxury of not losing any starters from last season. For the first time in 3 seasons our post play is going to be a question. No more Smith and Braxton.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun May 17, 2020 11:41 am

I've been accused of being too negative sometimes. So let me reverse that by making the ridiculously bold prediction that despite our coach and player losses next year's team is LOADED! And even if we're not loaded, we have Darian White...so we're loaded. It might take a little while, but by tournament time-look out! We're gonna be right there.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sun May 17, 2020 3:47 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 11:41 am
I've been accused of being too negative sometimes. So let me reverse that by making the ridiculously bold prediction that despite our coach and player losses next year's team is LOADED! And even if we're not loaded, we have Darian White...so we're loaded. It might take a little while, but by tournament time-look out! We're gonna be right there.
You had the Positive thing going bold and strong there and I was really digging it then came

"and even if we're not loaded"

Man you had to slip that one negativity load line there! WE ARE GOING TO BE LOADED NEXT YEAR AND WE ARE GOING TO HANG 2 MORE LOSSES ON THE GRIZ (HOPEFULLY THREE).

but we we will be a little young so it might take a good portion of the non-confrence until all that talent gels together!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun May 17, 2020 5:44 pm

mslacat wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 3:47 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 11:41 am
You had the Positive thing going bold and strong there and I was really digging it then came

"and even if we're not loaded"

Man you had to slip that one negativity load line there! WE ARE GOING TO BE LOADED NEXT YEAR AND WE ARE GOING TO HANG 2 MORE LOSSES ON THE GRIZ (HOPEFULLY THREE).

but we we will be a little young so it might take a good portion of the non-confrence until all that talent gels together!
Dang it. You sound like my wife!
We're LOADED!

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Mon May 18, 2020 6:45 am

I don’t know what it means to be loaded, but we got some ballers. Darian is going to have a huge year, but my concern is all the new players And 4.5 new starters ( our 4 starters and Blair) with possibly no summer to get everyone in and build a team. Not to mention, we lost two coaches and our Seniors who provided on court leadership. We got talent, but I thought what made us special last year was a ton of intangibles. I think WBB in the conference is going to be very interesting this season. We also will have a huge target on our back. There’s some coaches out there still upset with the beatings our girls delivered last season. One thing Binford didn’t do was put a governor on the team. It was fun to see us run up the score, but that makes for awesome bulletin board material. I’m not sure where the leadership is going to come from next season.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon May 18, 2020 8:40 am

Catlady wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:45 am
I don’t know what it means to be loaded, but we got some ballers. Darian is going to have a huge year, but my concern is all the new players And 4.5 new starters ( our 4 starters and Blair) with possibly no summer to get everyone in and build a team. Not to mention, we lost two coaches and our Seniors who provided on court leadership. We got talent, but I thought what made us special last year was a ton of intangibles. I think WBB in the conference is going to be very interesting this season. We also will have a huge target on our back. There’s some coaches out there still upset with the beatings our girls delivered last season. One thing Binford didn’t do was put a governor on the team. It was fun to see us run up the score, but that makes for awesome bulletin board material. I’m not sure where the leadership is going to come from next season.
It's not Binford's fault that MSU's bench players who came in to finish out blowouts were still better than the starting fives of many of its conference opponents!

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon May 18, 2020 12:34 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 8:40 am
Catlady wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:45 am
It's not Binford's fault that MSU's bench players who came in to finish out blowouts were still better than the starting fives of many of its conference opponents!
Exactly! A lot of players and a lot of young players played a lot of minutes. What’s a coach to do, with a shot clock? Well, bring in Blaire Braxton, Tori Martell, Kola Bad Bear, Madison Jackson and Gabi Mocchi. That should help. 😀 I think that’s the definition of loaded.