WBB vs Sac State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: WBB vs Sac State

Post by RickRund » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:06 pm

113-69..... They are on a RUN...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:33 pm

The only cloud over the whole thing-Madison Jackson on the bench in a walking boot. Binford's biggest problem in this game-she couldn't call off the dogs-we've got too many good players and with Jackson out there has to be a senior or two out there at all times.
Senior day is going to be special, but this bunch still has a lot of basketball to play.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:33 pm

96-48 after the third and then the foot came off the gas in the fourth. Truly amazing to watch. Transition game in the first half was a thing of beauty. Darian White's one hand, half court passes on the break are unmatched. Watching this team is sooo fun! And these players are having so much fun. WOW

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:46 pm

rivercat wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:33 pm
96-48 after the third and then the foot came off the gas in the fourth. Truly amazing to watch. Transition game in the first half was a thing of beauty. Darian White's one hand, half court passes on the break are unmatched. Watching this team is sooo fun! And these players are having so much fun. WOW
There's always someone with a big smile. Kuderer and Freije are our most seriously intense players and even they were grinning. Freije's "alley-oop" finish from Darian White had them all cracking up.

rivercat

Post by rivercat » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:53 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:46 pm
rivercat wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:33 pm
There's always someone with a big smile. Kuderer and Freije are our most seriously intense players and even they were grinning. Freije's "alley-oop" finish from Darian White had them all cracking up.

That one had the fans cracking up too. That was great.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:48 pm

I was at the game tonight and I came away with the impression that if you try to run with the Lady Cats you are going to be taken to the cleaners.
Sac State is an up tempo team, but their shots were not falling, which opened up an incredible transition attack the likes of which I have never seen. Darian White is a magician in motion with her passing, but the other guards are great in transition too.

If I was an opposing coach I think I would try to slow the game down and really hope that my shooting % was good.

Another observation: Getting a big lead has no impact on how these ladies play. They play just as intensely with a 30 point lead as they do with a 2 point lead. Only one more chance to see this incredible team play, and what a group of seniors to honor this Saturday. Plus we play the second place team in NAU, so it should be an interesting test. I've been watching Lady Cat basketball a long time and this is the best one by far that I've every seen.
Seven players in double figures. What depth!

Catfanatic84

Post by Catfanatic84 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:22 am

Cats have now scored 405 points in the last four games...101.25 average....is that some kind of MSU record? Incredible offensive production right now.

wbj
New Recruit

Post by wbj » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:13 am

aucat wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:48 pm
They play just as intensely with a 30 point lead as they do with a 2 point lead.
You are so right about this - almost every time we are blowing a team out by 20+ points, you find yourself at the edge of your seat because it feels like a close game. I love how this team doesn't let up.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:54 am

Wow! Go cats!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:44 am

Oli had probably her best outing this season as well. She can fill it up and her assists on the break were unbelievable!

Darian has the best left handed runner I've EVER seen!!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

rivercat

Post by rivercat » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:51 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:44 am
Oli had probably her best outing this season as well. She can fill it up and her assists on the break were unbelievable!

Spot on. The best guard duo in the BSC by far.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:24 pm

rivercat wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:51 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:

Spot on. The best guard duo in the BSC by far.
With Tori Martell coming off the bench shooting 50+% on three pointers. I have to think she'd start for pretty much every other BSC school.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:14 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:

Yep...not bad for a right hander.....

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:40 pm

aucat wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:48 pm
I was at the game tonight and I came away with the impression that if you try to run with the Lady Cats you are going to be taken to the cleaners.

If I was an opposing coach I think I would try to slow the game down and really hope that my shooting % was good.

Seven players in double figures. What depth!
Montana tried to slow the game down, and they can usually do that against most anyone else. But after that game one of the UM players said something like “We tried to slow the game down, but they would just speed it up again.” Yup. It’s harder to speed up a game than slow it down, so lots of credit to these players and to the coaches who’ve designed and assembled this hot rod.

As for the seven in double figures, Kola just missed at eight points and would have had a chance had she not fouled out. As it was, the seven was an all-time team record! I wonder how often it is done in NCAA basketball? To score 113 points with the highest scorer having 19 is pretty incredible.