2022 WBB Recruiting

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

2022 WBB Recruiting

Post by arvcat2 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:19 pm

I was recently surfing the internet for info on Brody Grebe’s little brother at Melstone and quickly got diverted to girls basketball and that school’s sophomore sensation, Draya Wacker. She has apparently played varsity since 8th grade, has a reputation as a ball handling wizard, surpassed 1,000 career points early last month, and is lighting it up for her undefeated team in the Class C tournament so far. Couldn’t find any measurables on her, but there was a 6-5 boy with the same last name that played at Melstone a few years back.

Hope Mslacat & Coach Binford have her on the Cats radar.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: 2022 WBB Recruiting

Post by BobcatDel » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:03 pm

If you can find someone who has seen her play have them give you a brief scouting report and opinion if capable of making it D1.....forward an email to Julian Assibey who is recruiting coordinator.

I have done that a couple times. One time they called her coach and found she had her sites on Frontier conference school and another time found out the young lady was more interested in Volleyball and Dan Jones was already aware (as well as some PAC-12 schools). It is always nice if the young ladies can attend one of the summer basketball camps because the coaches can see them play against competition at various levels....or play summer AAU ball.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:50 am

arvcat2 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:19 pm
I was recently surfing the internet for info on Brody Grebe’s little brother at Melstone and quickly got diverted to girls basketball and that school’s sophomore sensation, Draya Wacker. She has apparently played varsity since 8th grade, has a reputation as a ball handling wizard, surpassed 1,000 career points early last month, and is lighting it up for her undefeated team in the Class C tournament so far. Couldn’t find any measurables on her, but there was a 6-5 boy with the same last name that played at Melstone a few years back.

Speaking of that, is mya fourstar still in hs? She was another 8th grade sensation.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:52 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:50 am
arvcat2 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:19 pm

Speaking of that, is mya fourstar still in hs? She was another 8th grade sensation.
Yep, but had a really bad senior year as a team after WP won the chipper last year. Everybody graduated except for Mya from what I understand.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz