Rib and Chop House

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Rib and Chop House

Post by aucat » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:16 am

Two questions: I would think 11 grand is a pretty good hit to the Rib and Chop House. I'm assuming that they bought an insurance policy to cover this. I mean, what is the probability that someone is going to do what the kid did Saturday night?

Question 2: For the longest time in the Brick there was a sign that stated; "Rib and Chop House opening in Bozeman Fall of 2019." Does anyone know what ever happened to that???

Thanks!

John K
Golden Bobcat

Re: Rib and Chop House

Post by John K » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:24 am

aucat wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:16 am
Two questions: I would think 11 grand is a pretty good hit to the Rib and Chop House. I'm assuming that they bought an insurance policy to cover this. I mean, what is the probability that someone is going to do what the kid did Saturday night?

Question 2: For the longest time in the Brick there was a sign that stated; "Rib and Chop House opening in Bozeman Fall of 2019." Does anyone know what ever happened to that???

Thanks!
What happened? I just googled it, and didn't find anything regarding the Rib and Chop House.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:34 am

John K wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:24 am
aucat wrote:

Thanks!
What happened? I just googled it, and didn't find anything regarding the Rib and Chop House.
They were the sponsor of the contest where the kid sunk the full court shot at Cat/Griz.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:35 am

aucat wrote:

Thanks!
Rib and Chop House has 10 locations in 4 states, I'm guessing $11k isn't that big of a deal. I don't know if this only the location in Livingston I suppose, if is a franchise type situation...

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:09 am

CelticCat wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:35 am
aucat wrote:

Thanks!
Rib and Chop House has 10 locations in 4 states, I'm guessing $11k isn't that big of a deal. I don't know if this only the location in Livingston I suppose, if is a franchise type situation...
More than likely, they buy an insurance policy for the whole year since they do this at every home game. We used to buy a policy out at the Valley Ice Garden for Dick Walter Auto for when somebody would shoot a puck from one face off spot to the opposite one to try and win a car. $11,111 isn't a ton of money to give away for a worst-case scenario, so I'm guessing that policy would be somewhere under $500 a year. On top of that they're obviously paying MSU for the rights to put their name on this contest. Even if they did have to pay $11k out of pocket, the publicity they've gotten the last few days is worth far more than $11,111. I'd guess they are happy to pay out of pocket for anything under $1,111, but they're glad to have insurance for that extra $10k.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:16 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:09 am
CelticCat wrote:
aucat wrote:

Thanks!
More than likely, they buy an insurance policy for the whole year since they do this at every home game. We used to buy a policy out at the Valley Ice Garden for Dick Walter Auto for when somebody would shoot a puck from one face off spot to the opposite one to try and win a car. $11,111 isn't a ton of money to give away for a worst-case scenario, so I'm guessing that policy would be somewhere under $500 a year. On top of that they're obviously paying MSU for the rights to put their name on this contest. Even if they did have to pay $11k out of pocket, the publicity they've gotten the last few days is worth far more than $11,111. I'd guess they are happy to pay out of pocket for anything under $1,111, but they're glad to have insurance for that extra $10k.
Just wondering if this is the old location of the longtime Martin's Cafe?

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

catamaran
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by catamaran » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:31 am

RickRund wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:16 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
aucat wrote:

Thanks!
No, its down the street. Where the shop offices were next door to underpass

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by wapiti » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:35 am

Does Bozeman have a Rib and Chop House???
I am not aware of one. There was a sign in the Field house advertising one for Fall 2019.

Is the City government being stupid about approving the restaurant???
Costco's expansion and Hobby lobby opening and are having issues with the city too.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:27 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:34 am
John K wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:24 am
aucat wrote:

Thanks!
They were the sponsor of the contest where the kid sunk the full court shot at Cat/Griz.
Oh gotcha...thanks!

Cats15

Post by Cats15 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:39 pm

Here is a link I found regarding the Bozeman location. Like every business in Bozeman, it looks like they are running behind on their planned opening date.

https://xlcountry.com/popular-steakhous ... n-bozeman/

aucat

Post by aucat » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:57 pm

I emailed the home office and received a prompt response that they expect to open in September, 2020. So a year later than what they originally announced. Hopefully the 11,111.00 payout won't set them back (just kidding)

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:41 pm

I saw a comment from Rib and Chop house on the facebook link yesterday thanking them.

They said they did not do the insurance route because there were too many rules involved.

They have commented in several posts and in all of them they are excited that someone has finally hit the full court shot.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:40 pm

RickRund wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
aucat wrote:

Thanks!
Martens cafe is now called The Northern Pacific Beanery. Rib and Chop is further north on Park Street, almost directly across from what used to be known as Clyde's Cafe (Clyde Funk used to own and run it, it's now called the 49er Diner), in between Park Street and the RR tracks. Looking back, Livingston has changed a lot in the past 30 years...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:37 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:40 pm
RickRund wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
aucat wrote:

Thanks!
Martens cafe is now called The Northern Pacific Beanery. Rib and Chop is further north on Park Street, almost directly across from what used to be known as Clyde's Cafe (Clyde Funk used to own and run it, it's now called the 49er Diner), in between Park Street and the RR tracks. Looking back, Livingston has changed a lot in the past 30 years...
Big time. I remember the Wrangler, Longbranch, NP Connection, Marten's, Al's Family Restaurant, the Sport... If we go to this years Gold Rush we will have to take a day to visit there. Still have a few friends there. Been since probably 91 or 92...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.