Evaluation

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Evaluation

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:26 pm

Griz__00 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:07 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:53 am
The UM campus is losing students in droves. According to 00 the basketball team is recruiting players in droves. Are basketball players choosing that school for its academics? Or are they not students? I’m confused.

Many athletes choose MSU for its great academics, and for its location in a fast-growing city with a future. Just wait ...
They don’t choose UM for academics. They choose it for program tradition, along with the reputation UM allows for potential futures in basketball coaching with the many great Griz coaches, many of whom are coaching P12 right now, and the chance to play professional basketball, with 3 of the 4 seniors on last years roster currently playing professional basketball.
Okay, so please answer my second question — are they or are they not students? If this is what it takes to win a few games more, count me out. And, please, let your media people never say “student-athletes”. :-#

QED.

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:02 pm

Griz__00 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:07 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:53 am
The UM campus is losing students in droves. According to 00 the basketball team is recruiting players in droves. Are basketball players choosing that school for its academics? Or are they not students? I’m confused.

Many athletes choose MSU for its great academics, and for its location in a fast-growing city with a future. Just wait ...
They don’t choose UM for academics. They choose it for program tradition, along with the reputation UM allows for potential futures in basketball coaching with the many great Griz coaches, many of whom are coaching P12 right now, and the chance to play professional basketball, with 3 of the 4 seniors on last years roster currently playing professional basketball.
Why did you choose UM 00? Oh wait - you say you didn't go to school there? What - you didn't go to college? Imagine that. Typical Griz fan. :-$

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:00 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:59 pm
LOL, the same Griz fan has shown up in a second thread desperately trying to cling to UM's last remaining shred of advantage in anything over MSU.
Can you just imagine the angst at the community college if they should lose their one and only bragging right, men's basketball? Oh man, that will be monumental!!!

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:50 am

I have never had the slightest inclination to visit UM's forum. What is it called, Egriz or something? I couldn't care less what thye are saying about anything frankly. I have always found it amusing to see griz fans show up on the Bobcat forum. Maybe some MSU fans like to do the same and go over there, I don't know, but as for me, I don't give a damn. I don't even read the post here when one shows up.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:42 am

aucat wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:50 am
I have never had the slightest inclination to visit UM's forum. What is it called, Egriz or something? I couldn't care less what thye are saying about anything frankly. I have always found it amusing to see griz fans show up on the Bobcat forum. Maybe some MSU fans like to do the same and go over there, I don't know, but as for me, I don't give a damn. I don't even read the post here when one shows up.
I used to go to Egriz to get a different perspective on us and the rest of the league but eventually got sick of the constant bickering. Starting to see that over here as well so maybe it just comes from winning lol.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:44 am

Griz__00 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:50 am
aucat wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:59 am
1984champ wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:09 am
I don’t follow the Men’s program closely but would like to hear an honest evaluation of the current program status and future outlook. We are closing in on the end of conference play and again staring at a .500 season finish and another season sweep against dUMb. What does this team (coaches and players) need to do to be better than middle of the pack? Can Sprinkle get it done? Can and will the staff evaluate, recruit and develop the talent needed to be more competitive? Thanks for any input.
Simple: do what Coach Choate and Coach BInford did. Recruit better players than UM.
Which yet again, isn’t going to happen when it comes to men’s basketball.
UM has had 3 3 star recruits commit in the past 2 years, I don’t even recall the last time MSU had 1.
This kid alone is a lock all BSC 2 or 3 years, and will be one of the best players to ever step on the floor in a Griz uni, and he has yet to play a game for us. I don’t get why you think good recruits grow on trees, and why they’d want to go to Bozeman of all places.
Here’s a real recruit. Maybe you can grab one of these sometime in the next 100 years.

Wow, this post is so bad I hope you post here more often! =D^ =D^

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:56 am

It’s been most enjoyable that the postings by griz fans have decreased by 90% since the Beautiful Big Blowout in Bozeman.

48-14

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:58 am

technoCat wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:42 am
aucat wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:50 am
I used to go to Egriz to get a different perspective on us and the rest of the league but eventually got sick of the constant bickering. Starting to see that over here as well so maybe it just comes from winning lol.
I used to frequent Egriz a lot in college and even for a few years after. Overall it was good conversation, some minor ribbing but mostly people just liked to talk a little football. It's much more insufferable these days, but to be completely honest there are quite a few Cat fans over there that consistently troll. You think the few Griz fan trolls we have on the main board are bad, multiple that by about 4 in the inverse on Egriz.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast