Cats WBB wins again!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Cats WBB wins again!

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:22 am

Rich K wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:49 am
Thanks, went looking:
https://msubobcats.com/documents/2016/1 ... 6_2016.pdf

Some that stand out on first glance:

MSU Team Records:
Longest Winning Streak: 17 games, 1987-88
Most Victories In One Season: 24, 1987-88
Fewest Losses In One Season: 6, 1987-88
Best Overall Record In One Season: 24-6, 1987-88
Best Conference Record In One Season: 13-1, 1992-93

If not for that overtime loss to Idaho, it would be a 15 game winning streak. Very impressive!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:24 am

Going to be an electric atmosphere today! Looking forward to a great game! The woman’s team is playing at a very high level!

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:39 pm

I’ve watched — and coached — a fair amount of basketball in my days. I am hard pressed to remember a team that brought me more joy to watch than this women’s team!

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:12 pm

nevadacat wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:39 pm
I’ve watched — and coached — a fair amount of basketball in my days. I am hard pressed to remember a team that brought me more joy to watch than this women’s team!
They are SCRAPPY! Todays game was a fun game to watch.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:44 pm

nevadacat wrote:
Well said!!

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:02 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:44 pm
nevadacat wrote:
Well said!!
Honestly, this is well said. I have covered women's hoops in the Big Sky since 2005. This Montana State team plays more unselfish and balanced than any team I've ever covered. Their level of offensive execution today as UNREAL. It's the best part of the women's game. If you could get a group of young men to play like that, look out but you never could. Their chemistry, selflessness and offensive balance is top notch. What a great job by Tricia Binford, her staff and her players.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:21 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:02 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
nevadacat wrote:
Well said!!
Honestly, this is well said. I have covered women's hoops in the Big Sky since 2005. This Montana State team plays more unselfish and balanced than any team I've ever covered. Their level of offensive execution today as UNREAL. It's the best part of the women's game. If you could get a group of young men to play like that, look out but you never could. Their chemistry, selflessness and offensive balance is top notch. What a great job by Tricia Binford, her staff and her players.

So it's not just me then? I adore this team. I don't recall ever seeing a basketball team like them. The pre-season player of the year sits on the bench the entire second quarter with foul trouble-no problem we'll just increase the lead anyway. I see players passing up reasonable open shots-to get it to a teammate for a better shot. There doesn't appear to be any egos with this group. It's all about the team and the results. It's just hard to quantify how fun this group is to watch play basketball.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:53 pm

aucat wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:28 pm
I used to gripe when Trish would constantly substitute but I don't anymore because this team has SO MUCH DEPTH. I think that is a key reason why we are often blowing teams out in the second half.
No No No.... Its in the rules....you can NOT change horses 3/4 the way through a championship season. [-X

All those stats from top 10 teams that I had to struggle through showing that Coach probably knows what she is doing in regards to playing time. Nope just can't deal with a change of opinion at this point. Of course, there will be the upcoming 4 games and the tournament to perhaps revert. :D

Just kidding.....

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:38 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:21 am
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:02 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
nevadacat wrote:
Well said!!

So it's not just me then? I adore this team. I don't recall ever seeing a basketball team like them. The pre-season player of the year sits on the bench the entire second quarter with foul trouble-no problem we'll just increase the lead anyway. I see players passing up reasonable open shots-to get it to a teammate for a better shot. There doesn't appear to be any egos with this group. It's all about the team and the results. It's just hard to quanti how fun this group is to watch play basketball.
Echo that Belgrade Bobcat!! A good shout out to join Fast Break Club here.... Coach Binford brings in one of the young ladies each week to visit and you get to know them a little bit personally. You quickly learn that not only are they part of a good team and unselfish.. you really get the feeling these are fine young ladies that represent Montana State well. Fallyn's emotional moment at the press conference says a lot. Repeatedly I have heard transfers mention the culture that exists and how they wished they understood that special chemistry, team balance when they made their original choice...and how to convince new recruits of how special this programs is. Built for More... this year and the future.