MBB @ Portland St.

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: MBB @ Portland St.

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:30 pm

In Portland visiting family and took in the game last night. PSU's new arena is spectacular-they really did a nice job with it. It's a little hard to find if you're not familiar with the area, and I'm not sure where you'd park if you drove there-there's some parking garages in the general area I guess. We walked there. With that nice new facility, and the cool urban environment, I think PSU is going to develop into a Big Sky powerhouse in men's and women's basketball. Their men's team this season is very talented and will be dangerous in the Big Sky tourney.

The trainer was working on Harry right in front of us. His ankle appeared to be already heavily taped-so he probably aggravated an existing injury. As the sufferer of many sprained ankles in my playing days a thousand years ago, once you sprain one, you're prone to keep getting them. Unless he's an abnormally quick healer I doubt we see him back until the Big Sky tournament.

Yes it sounds like Timmy Falls of the griz might be hurt too. Falls is a pretty good player, but there's no way this is a one-to-one comparison. The only player that might be more important to his team than Harry is to the Bobcats is Jerrick Harding at Weber State-and even Weber has other good guards. MSU does not have a backup point guard and Harry has been playing close to 40 minutes per game because of that. Without him we are in big big trouble. If we stay under 25 turnovers against the griz it will be a miracle. We're like a football team that has to play a wide receiver at quarterback full time. It's gonna be rough.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:52 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:57 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:36 pm
aucat wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:05 pm
Harry scored 37 against UM and we still lost by 14 points. Everyone who has been wailing about what the Cats will do next year without him are about to get a great preview come Saturday night, as we prepare for our annual home court beatdown from the Griz.

If watching your beloved Cats having their butts handed to them by the hated Griz really upsets you, then I have a good suggestion.

Plan to attend the Lady Cats vs. Lady Griz game at 2 pm.
Heard much of that same talk before the football game...
Let's wait and see what happens before we add the L to our record.
Exactly. While the Griz will be favored in this one, they've got their own injuries to deal with so those who are writing this off as a loss already might end up being surprised at how well MSU competes in this one. I'll be there cheering my ass off whether the Bobcats are winning or down by 30.
I will to but I think we're in trouble without Harry.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:52 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:30 pm
In Portland visiting family and took in the game last night. PSU's new arena is spectacular-they really did a nice job with it. It's a little hard to find if you're not familiar with the area, and I'm not sure where you'd park if you drove there-there's some parking garages in the general area I guess. We walked there. With that nice new facility, and the cool urban environment, I think PSU is going to develop into a Big Sky powerhouse in men's and women's basketball. Their men's team this season is very talented and will be dangerous in the Big Sky tourney.

The trainer was working on Harry right in front of us. His ankle appeared to be already heavily taped-so he probably aggravated an existing injury. As the sufferer of many sprained ankles in my playing days a thousand years ago, once you sprain one, you're prone to keep getting them. Unless he's an abnormally quick healer I doubt we see him back until the Big Sky tournament.

Yes it sounds like Timmy Falls of the griz might be hurt too. Falls is a pretty good player, but there's no way this is a one-to-one comparison. The only player that might be more important to his team than Harry is to the Bobcats is Jerrick Harding at Weber State-and even Weber has other good guards. MSU does not have a backup point guard and Harry has been playing close to 40 minutes per game because of that. Without him we are in big big trouble. If we stay under 25 turnovers against the griz it will be a miracle. We're like a football team that has to play a wide receiver at quarterback full time. It's gonna be rough.

I mean we won a LOT of games having a linebacker as our QB

Sorry...it was too easy

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:02 am

kcatz wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:52 pm

Sorry...it was too easy
I fully expect the following press release tomorrow: Montana State head basketball coach Danny Sprinkle has announced that Montana State football player Troy Andersen has agreed to play for the men's basketball team. Andersen is expected to replace Harald Frey in the starting lineup for the remainder of the 2019-20 basketball season. Frey was injured in the Bobcat's last game against Portland State. :wink:

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:15 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:02 am
kcatz wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:52 pm

Sorry...it was too easy
I fully expect the following press release tomorrow: Montana State head basketball coach Danny Sprinkle has announced that Montana State football player Troy Andersen has agreed to play for the men's basketball team. Andersen is expected to replace Harald Frey in the starting lineup for the remainder of the 2019-20 basketball season. Frey was injured in the Bobcat's last game against Portland State. :wink:
What’s funny about this. Obviously a joke... but if that happened, every remaining home game would be sold out with a waiting line out the door. Ha

FTG- GO CATS GO!

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:05 am

What's sad is Harry is 3 assists away from tying the only guy to have 1800 points and 500 assists.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:35 am

kcatz wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:05 am
What's sad is Harry is 3 assists away from tying the only guy to have 1800 points and 500 assists.

Has it been confirmed that he is out this weekend? Or any kind of timeframe?

FTG- GO CATS GO!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:04 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:35 am
kcatz wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:05 am

Has it been confirmed that he is out this weekend? Or any kind of timeframe?
He's a game time decision tonight. I imagine he'll try to go.