The Precocious Pickpocket…

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

The Precocious Pickpocket…

Post by arvcat2 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:02 pm

Darian White!
This young phenom deserves a nickname. The nickname may not be as catchy as, say, the Iron Tumbleweed, but one can try. In addition to her steal stats, another remarkable talent of the 5’6” Precocious Pickpocket is rebounding. She is third on the team in that category and she is amazing how she just darts in there and snags the loose ball or steals it from the opponent before they gain control. As others have said, she is worth the price of admission!

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: The Precocious Pickpocket…

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:14 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:02 pm
Darian White!
This young phenom deserves a nickname. The nickname may not be as catchy as, say, the Iron Tumbleweed, but one can try. In addition to her steal stats, another remarkable talent of the 5’6” Precocious Pickpocket is rebounding. She is third on the team in that category and she is amazing how she just darts in there and snags the loose ball or steals it from the opponent before they gain control. As others have said, she is worth the price of admission!
And we only HAVE to pay admission to watch her three more years!! Sheesh! =D^ \:D/
I’ll have to think more on a good name. I’d hate to have her guarding me even when I could half way play.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:30 pm

It will be really disappointing if she doesn’t get Big Sky Freshman of the Year. I know Bea from Idaho is having a good year and is out scoring Darian a bit.....but if we finish out with 18 or 19 wins, I would think you would give the nod to Darian based on the impact she made on a championship team. I think she is helping energize the rest of the team to play better defense also!!

One of the announcers said this week, that in his discussions across the Big Sky, they couldn’t remember in recent years a player that was better prepared and had such an impact as a true freshman as Darian.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:59 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Darian White!
How about Hans Gruber? \:D/

aucat

Post by aucat » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:13 am

There are, what, three more home games? We need some big crowds!

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:59 am

Four straight at home! A great time to get out and watch this team.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:00 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:59 pm
arvcat2 wrote:
Darian White!
How about Hans Gruber? \:D/
Ha! Wasn’t thinking about that one!

I was thinking more on the theme of Guardian of the Galaxy...only maybe using Guardian of the Backcourt or the Backcourt Guardian. But that pales compared to Hans Gruber.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:06 pm

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:29 am

Wow! Great job Darian, and also by the other defenders who have her back so she can be aggressive. She’s really skilled at getting steals without fouling. Weber just quit challenging her after her first quarter bank robbery.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:17 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:06 pm
Wow! That’s impressive

FTG- GO CATS GO!