MBB vs Weber

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

MBB vs Weber

Post by MSU01 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:22 pm

Cats on fire from the outside to start off, up 26-17 as Weber takes time out. Looking forward to reading what Belgrade has to say about Harding playing tonight for Weber after he sat out on Thursday in Missoula!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: MBB vs Weber

Post by MSU01 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:42 pm

Awful shot selection. Turnovers. This game is going wrong very quickly! Someone needs to step up and make a few plays.

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:51 pm

We love a good scoring drought.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:53 pm

That first half is this team in a nutshell. They're either rolling or seem to have no idea what they're doing.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:53 pm

Good job fellas. Big games coming up, with a chance at a bye in the tourney still gettable.

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:15 pm

Six games left and none a cake walk, four against really good teams. All depends on which Bobcat team shows up and if the good one shows up, will it play the whole game?

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

oedipuss
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by oedipuss » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:39 pm

Weber did not have an answer for that 1-3-1 zone in the second half - shot only 24% against it after shooting 59% in the first half.

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:03 pm

Nice sweep of Weber.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:06 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:22 pm
Looking forward to reading what Belgrade has to say about Harding playing tonight for Weber after he sat out on Thursday in Missoula!
My conspiracy theory: Harding is banged up-definitely not 100%. Weber coach Randy Rahe knew Montana's physical guards would beat the snot out of him and they wouldn't have much of a chance in Missoula. Plus they've already beat the griz once-so you're probably not going to get them twice in the regular season. So Rahe sits Harding, takes the dive, and put all his scouting and practice time the whole week on Montana State-a place where Weber hardly ever loses. Almost looked like it was going to work in that first half...

Jerrick Harding even at 60% or whatever he his, is just amazing. He's a really small guy but he just hardly ever misses. When he did miss it was a shock. He's going play in some pro league in Europe and just light it up. After Tyler Hall got the Big Sky scoring record there was talk that he was just renting it until Harding overtook him this year. With his injury problems that's probably not going to happen-he'd have to average well over 40 points per game to catch Tyler now. Too bad about his injuries, but Tyler played hurt a lot too.

Great win for the Bobcats. Cody John had 18 points at halftime. He ended the game with 18 points. Sprinkle threw the 1-3-1 zone on them in the second half and it worked like a charm. We erased a 6 point deficit and then slowly stretched it out from there. Weber couldn't miss in the first half, but missed a ton of shots in the second half. I think they were 2-20 or something from three point range in the second half. Weber State has a certain mystique about them. Good thing our team has so many new guys who probably never heard of Weber State before this season. Our first home win over them since 2013 when Huse was our coach.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:10 pm

Belo should be in the running for the Big Sky player of the week. Career high tonight with 23 points. Double-double. Plus he was huge against ISU on Thursday. He must have had 15 dunks this weekend. He can be a real force if he puts his mind to it.

Catfanatic84

Post by Catfanatic84 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:58 am

Great win by the Cats last night. The adjustment to the zone defense really shut down Weber. Good to see other guys contributing on the offensive end to take the burden off Harry.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:23 am

I'll take any February win.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:03 am

It was nice to see Tyler Hall and Sam Neuman at both games this week. Chuckled when they showed them on the screen with notations under each... for Tyler something like "All Time Bobcat Scoring Leader" and for Sam "All Time Bobcat Charge Taker"...wording not exactly as it appeared on board.

Later in game when Frey took a charge the fans sitting behind Sam shouted "that one was for you Sam". He gave the crowd behind him a wave acknowledging the ribbing... fun.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:20 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:06 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Looking forward to reading what Belgrade has to say about Harding playing tonight for Weber after he sat out on Thursday in Missoula!
My conspiracy theory: Harding is banged up-definitely not 100%. Weber coach Randy Rahe knew Montana's physical guards would beat the snot out of him and they wouldn't have much of a chance in Missoula. Plus they've already beat the griz once-so you're probably not going to get them twice in the regular season. So Rahe sits Harding, takes the dive, and put all his scouting and practice time the whole week on Montana State-a place where Weber hardly ever loses. Almost looked like it was going to work in that first half...

Jerrick Harding even at 60% or whatever he his, is just amazing. He's a really small guy but he just hardly ever misses. When he did miss it was a shock. He's going play in some pro league in Europe and just light it up. After Tyler Hall got the Big Sky scoring record there was talk that he was just renting it until Harding overtook him this year. With his injury problems that's probably not going to happen-he'd have to average well over 40 points per game to catch Tyler now. Too bad about his injuries, but Tyler played hurt a lot too.

Great win for the Bobcats. Cody John had 18 points at halftime. He ended the game with 18 points. Sprinkle threw the 1-3-1 zone on them in the second half and it worked like a charm. We erased a 6 point deficit and then slowly stretched it out from there. Weber couldn't miss in the first half, but missed a ton of shots in the second half. I think they were 2-20 or something from three point range in the second half. Weber State has a certain mystique about them. Good thing our team has so many new guys who probably never heard of Weber State before this season. Our first home win over them since 2013 when Huse was our coach.
I have no idea why Randy Rahe didn't switch it up in the 2nd half. I mean the looks were there, I get it, Weber had plenty of open 3s but it was just brick after brick and they kept shooting, so we just never switched out of the zone.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:39 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:20 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:06 pm
MSU01 wrote:

I have no idea why Randy Rahe didn't switch it up in the 2nd half. I mean the looks were there, I get it, Weber had plenty of open 3s but it was just brick after brick and they kept shooting, so we just never switched out of the zone.
Whether it was the 1-3-1 zone or not, what I thought we did much better in the second half was not giving the good looks to their two great shooters (Harding and John). The "open" looks were by others not near as proficient at 3-point shots. Then weber reached a point where they were down by double digits with time starting to run out, so they needed to keep chucking up 3's hoping they would fall. It was fun watching the brick after brick!