Madison Jackson is not playing

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Mboy1an
New Recruit

Madison Jackson is not playing

Post by Mboy1an » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:46 pm

Why is Madison Jackson not playing. We miss seeing her enthusiasm.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Madison Jackson is not playing

Post by WalkOn79 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:37 pm

I haven’t heard why she didn’t make the trip

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:31 pm

Nothing heard either. Hopefully nothing serious.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:54 pm

At the press conference this morning with Jason Alvine, Coach Binford said that Madison was sick and unable to travel. She will be back this week.

‘Tis the season to get the bug but hope it doesn’t get some more of the team down. If it does, this is when you still like our team with the depth it has to overcome a player being out.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:50 pm

Thank you! Hope she's feeling better.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:52 pm

It was mentioned by Jason at least two weeks ago that several players had been or were sick but we’re still competing. So perhaps, and hopefully, they are beyond the worst if it.

bobcats35
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by bobcats35 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:15 am

Not surprised we have players getting sick when they are contacting the "Little Germ Factories" waiting in line when coming out of the locker room and onto the court. Can't believe the coaches are allowing this.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:24 am

bobcats35 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:15 am
Not surprised we have players getting sick when they are contacting the "Little Germ Factories" waiting in line when coming out of the locker room and onto the court. Can't believe the coaches are allowing this.
Yep, that's the only reason they get sick. Not being around nearly 16,000 other students on a daily basis, traveling through airports, staying in hotels, eating at restaurants, being on other college campuses with thousands of students or anything else. Just those damn kids wanting to give a high five and get excited about Bobcat Basketball.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:07 pm

coachouert wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:24 am
bobcats35 wrote:
Yep, that's the only reason they get sick. Not being around nearly 16,000 other students on a daily basis, traveling through airports, staying in hotels, eating at restaurants, being on other college campuses with thousands of students or anything else. Just those damn kids wanting to give a high five and get excited about Bobcat Basketball.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:38 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:07 pm
coachouert wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:24 am
bobcats35 wrote:

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:29 am

At the men Cat-Griz game Madison had her foot in a boot and was using crutches. Did anyone see her get injured in the women's game? Guess we will learn more about that at press meeting this week.

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:55 am

BobcatDel wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:29 am
At the men Cat-Griz game Madison had her foot in a boot and was using crutches. Did anyone see her get injured in the women's game? Guess we will learn more about that at press meeting this week.
I didn't see anything on TV, however, it seemed unusual that Kuderer finished out the game instead of Jackson. If in fact she got hurt, it would be unfortunate if it happened in the much deserved post game celebration.

Speaking of Madison, my amateur observation is her scoring could be greatly improved if she learned to use the glass more. She has such a sweet quick high jump shot but the touch isn't quite there. More bank shots wouldn't hurt.

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:36 am

When cutting the nets after the game I am 99% sure I remember Madison going up the ladder.

Then I saw a quick shot of the team on TV and saw her on crutches. Couldn't figure out how/when she got hurt

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:41 pm

kcatz wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:36 am
When cutting the nets after the game I am 99% sure I remember Madison going up the ladder.

Then I saw a quick shot of the team on TV and saw her on crutches. Couldn't figure out how/when she got hurt
Yes I saw her climb up to cut down a piece of the net also. My bride said she thought she was limping a bit at the time but I didn't notice it. Guess we will find out on Monday.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:40 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:55 am
BobcatDel wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:29 am
I didn't see anything on TV, however, it seemed unusual that Kuderer finished out the game instead of Jackson. If in fact she got hurt, it would be unfortunate if it happened in the much deserved post game celebration.

Speaking of Madison, my amateur observation is her scoring could be greatly improved if she learned to use the glass more. She has such a sweet quick high jump shot but the touch isn't quite there. More bank shots wouldn't hurt.
Madison was on crutches during half-time of the men’s game. Probably stirred up her previous injury that kept her home last week.

Thank you! I’m going to let my wife read your post. I’m quite sure she wonders why I keep shouting “bank shot” at the screen all the time. Madison, with her jumping ability and high release, would really benefit from the glass. It simply increases your margin for error, especially if you are still moving while shooting. And you can go a little tighter and not get stuffed. It’s harder to get a ball to go up and back down again on an arc in a space of 10-12 feet and less than it looks. Bank it. I see this pretty often and wonder if it’s just not taught much. I must have worn out half a basketball practicing bank shots. At 6-1 it helped. I remember the first time Katie Bussey ever entered a home game. She came down in transition and pulled up right in front of us at about 10 feet and kissed one off the glass. She caught my attention right then! Take it to the bank, ladies!