MBB vs. Idaho

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

MBB vs. Idaho

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:02 pm

The Vandals come into the Brick tonight. Their record is not good, but last time out they beat up Sac State pretty good in the Nest-a place Sac doesn't lose very often.
How soon will Belo get his first foul tonight? Given Sprinkle's last comments about the officiating-probably about .005 seconds after the tip.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: MBB vs. Idaho

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:34 pm

This team can be really hard to watch. Sometimes it looks like the only way we're going to score is when Frey or Adamu pull a circus shot out of their arse-like the 1st half against Idaho. Then came the 2nd half. Ricketts FINALLY hits a few shots, Idaho missed a few, and Fernandez looks like the freshman of the year. Even Adamu hit a three. And the Bobcats get a rare blowout win 72-50.

Treyvon Allen of Idaho is so freaking good. When he's got it going like he did in the first half he's scary. Adamu got two fouls so Hobbs was trying to guard him. That was a horrible mismatch. In the second half we really sold out to stop him and Idaho didn't have any other guys get anything. Good job by our defense.

Adamu and Paulo are really good when they can get going downhill. Paulo gave a great lift in the second half going hard to the hole. If only he could shoot it from out just a little.

duelalumnicat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by duelalumnicat » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:33 pm

Great Bobcat victory! It is really interesting to see the young players start to come into their own, like Borja Fernandez. At times, Danny was playing three true freshmen, because he only had nine players available tonight. Does anyone know why Zeke Quinlan and Quentin Guliford did not suit up?

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:02 am

Thorough recap from Andrew Pederson at MSU, great photos by Brooks. Good win for the Cats. Like I told Brooks, Idaho has the worst record in the league but they are not the worst team. Like Belgrade said, Trevon Allen is really freakin' good. They just don't have any depth.

Before I watched EWU live in Missoula tonight, I told Brooks Idaho was the best team other than the Cats that I'd seen in Dalhberg this year. Granted, UNC, SUU, NAU have not been to town and PSU was down two of its best three. But Idaho is pretty good and tonight was a good win for MSU.

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:55 am

duelalumnicat wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:33 pm
Great Bobcat victory! It is really interesting to see the young players start to come into their own, like Borja Fernandez. At times, Danny was playing three true freshmen, because he only had nine players available tonight. Does anyone know why Zeke Quinlan and Quentin Guliford did not suit up?
It was nice to see the Cats extend the lead to the point that Belo and Frey (especially) could get a break. Last night's game has to be a big confidence boost. I loved watching Fernandez getting busy on the block.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:27 pm

Fernandez is coming along. Ideally he wouldn't have played at all this year but he's had to, and he has a big upside.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:04 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:27 pm
Fernandez is coming along. Ideally he wouldn't have played at all this year but he's had to, and he has a big upside.
I agree. He has some skills and he's pretty crafty. He's a very good rebounder.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:06 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:27 pm
The first time I saw Fernandez in practice I thought of Doug Hashley. More recently Hashley has been in the news:
https://www.montanasports.com/frontier- ... providence

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:56 pm

duelalumnicat wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:33 pm
At some point the announcer said they were both injured.