MBB @ Weber

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: MBB @ Weber

Post by GoldstoneCat » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:17 am

Having kirby back makes a difference. Allowed us an easier path to pushing the ball inside, generating that foul trouble. He and belo played together a fair bit in the first half. Adamu continues to flash but mostly be a turnover machine. We're missing one outside shooter; Ricketts is struggling with his shot/injury and nobody else has shown the ability yet. Inside will be where we make our money down the stretch. Nice win!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:18 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:04 am
Wow! Don’t get to see many jump bounce passes.
I was going to point out that that was actually an amazing pass. And while it looks unorthodox, it was a perfect pass for that situation. I thought it was a lock with Frey on the line, but he completely made up for it on this play. Kid is just a gamer.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:35 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:18 am
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
I was going to point out that that was actually an amazing pass. And while it looks unorthodox, it was a perfect pass for that situation. I thought it was a lock with Frey on the line, but he completely made up for it on this play. Kid is just a gamer.
Yep he really is a joy to watch, every single game. He's going to leave some really big shoes to fill next season...in some ways maybe even a bigger loss than Tyler Hall. He should be remembered as one of the all time greats in the history of Bobcat MBB.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:52 am

John K wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:35 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Yep he really is a joy to watch, every single game. He's going to leave some really big shoes to fill next season...in some ways maybe even a bigger loss than Tyler Hall. He should be remembered as one of the all time greats in the history of Bobcat MBB.
Absolutely! If he's not in the conversation for league MVP this year there is something wrong

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:33 pm

Not going to lie, I was watching at the gym absolutely hating my run, and when we went down 13 I turned it off. Wasn't going to suffer through my run and watching the Bobcats get ran out of Ogden by a mediocre Weber team. But kudos to the guys, they turned it around I was able to watching the last few minutes!

First game Kirby was back, it helps us out a lot.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:06 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Frey is absolutely my favorite player to watch since, hmmm, Danny Sprinkle? I’m sure there are a few others in between but they don’t pop like those two. Jeopardy: The ‘Cats are 5-2 in one-score games, led by this player. Question: Who is Harald Frey? Correct, for $1000! Is he the most “valuable” player in the conference? Absolutely. Where would we be without him?

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:13 pm

Fernandez is starting to come along playing defense and rebounding. He also has a pretty good post moves and touch inside. If Kirby is the fly swatter, Fernandez is the tank.
If he continues to improve, he will be a force for us in the years to come. He's the big body we needed at the forward spot.

2024 Resume dominance