WBB vs Weber

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

John K
Golden Bobcat

Re: WBB vs Weber

Post by John K » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:19 pm

GavinDonos wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:05 am
I see where Weber reported the attendance of last night’s game was 5,223. Watching on TV, it looked more like 52. Their athletic department ought to be ashamed of such shenanigans.

No wonder they lead the league in attendance every year.
How has the attendance been at our men's games so far this season, as compared to the last few years?

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:31 pm

I haven’t been to any games, but Jeff Welch wrote a great piece a couple weeks ago detailing how the attendance and crowd energy have taken a noticeable jump this year.

Unfortunately I don’t have time to link to it right now, but it was in the Blgs Gazette.

In my opinion, the Big Sky royally screwed b-ball attendance for both Montana schools when they went from Fri/Sat scheduling to the Thurs/Sat format.

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:55 pm

We have been to all the games for the last three years. This year, the crowds are much larger and more energetic than any of the previous years. Lots of energy at the games. The athletic department is doing a better job on promotions and activities.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:52 pm

GavinDonos wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:05 am
I see where Weber reported the attendance of last night’s game was 5,223. Watching on TV, it looked more like 52. Their athletic department ought to be ashamed of such shenanigans.

No wonder they lead the league in attendance every year.
Can say I did not watch most of the game but there sure as heck could not have been 5000+ in the stands. Looked pretty sparse to me...
Maybe they take into consideration those that think about the game. Sort of like if you touch the ball carrier you get credit for a tackle...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:30 pm

Again... appears posting men's info on WBB thread.

WBB game attendance in Bozeman was reported at 1488 for last night.

But to continue posting error re men's home attendance:

Men's home attendance YTD has averaged 3312. Last season home average was 2802. Just seems like a bigger differential than that sitting in the stands.
Last five seasons mens average:
- 2802 for '18-19
- 3079 for '17-18
- 2685 for '16-17
- 2644 for '15-16
- 1665 for '14-15

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:35 pm

GavinDonos wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:31 pm
I haven’t been to any games, but Jeff Welch wrote a great piece a couple weeks ago detailing how the attendance and crowd energy have taken a noticeable jump this year.

Unfortunately I don’t have time to link to it right now, but it was in the Blgs Gazette.

In my opinion, the Big Sky royally screwed b-ball attendance for both Montana schools when they went from Fri/Sat scheduling to the Thurs/Sat format.
That hasn't proven to be true at MSU so far. Attendance is as high or higher than Friday/Saturday schedule just based on the numbers. See men's historical numbers in separate post. Quality of team and coaching is likely having a larger impact than scheduling. I did my epistle on this a couple years back so won't repeat here.

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:26 pm

Sorry about putting men’s stuff in the women’s thread. Certainly didn’t mean to trigger anyone, but hey... #fail. I blame the inherent sexism of society and my white male privilege. Hopefully we can shake it off and have a good weekend anyway.

Back on topic:

The ladies looked great last night. Wire to wire domination as it should have been. Four players in double figures. Braxton was unstoppable off the bench. The kind of win you like to get during the conference stretch. Let’s make it a weekend sweep tomorrow night!

\:D/
Last edited by GavinDonos on Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobcatozzy

Post by bobcatozzy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:33 pm

Update on the Weber State uniform violation that led to Montana State getting 2 technical free throws before the game even began last night: The numbers on Weber State's jerseys were the same color as the jersey itself, which (even though there was a different colored outline around the numbers) is a rule violation.

Rest In peace dad.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:48 pm

bobcatozzy wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:33 pm
Update on the Weber State uniform violation that led to Montana State getting 2 technical free throws before the game even began last night: The numbers on Weber State's jerseys were the same color as the jersey itself, which (even though there was a different colored outline around the numbers) is a rule violation.
Thank you!!! So are they doing a little fabric painting on the bus to Missoula?

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:02 pm

bobcatozzy wrote:
Surely that wasn't the first time all season that they've worn those uniforms? It seems odd that the officials apparently always let it go without penalizing them this deep into the season, and then for whatever reason nailed them for it last night. I wonder if they have just one version of dark/road uniforms? If so, I presume they'd be teed up for it again, if they have to wear those uniforms tomorrow night in Missoula, and they'll be ordering new ones before their next road game, presumably 2 weeks from now?

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:44 pm

John K wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:02 pm
bobcatozzy wrote:
Surely that wasn't the first time all season that they've worn those uniforms? It seems odd that the officials apparently always let it go without penalizing them this deep into the season, and then for whatever reason nailed them for it last night. I wonder if they have just one version of dark/road uniforms? If so, I presume they'd be teed up for it again, if they have to wear those uniforms tomorrow night in Missoula, and they'll be ordering new ones before their next road game, presumably 2 weeks from now?
Weber did in fact recieve another uniform violation against UM today. Odd, because it looks to me from the photos/video that they are black numbers on a purple jersey. Maybe it just has to be light numerals on a dark jersey? Weber didn't get a technical in any road game until this weekend.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:50 pm

John K wrote:
bobcatozzy wrote:
Coach was asked about it this week and she said Weber had been warned several times. Guess we were benefactors of enforcement rather than warning.
Last edited by BobcatDel on Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:53 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:50 pm
John K wrote:
bobcatozzy wrote:
Coach was asked about it this week and she said Weber had been warned several times. Guess we were benefactors of enforcement beginning rather than warning. Sounds like enforcement will continue if it happened again tonight.