MBB vs NAU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

User avatar
BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6581
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: Belgrade, Montana

MBB vs NAU

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:04 pm

Don't know a whole lot about the Lumberjacks. They have a new coach and had a pretty good non-conference run. They lost to the griz on Saturday-they led at halftime but Pridgett went off on them.



KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3574
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:03 pm
Location: Helena

Re: MBB vs NAU

Post by KittieKop » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:38 pm

Sloppy, sloppy game by MSU. Might end the night with more turn overs than points. Hanging in there but horrible ball handling and shooting 1-8 on threes so far. 26-22 NAU.
Last edited by KittieKop on Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.


"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Image

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14364
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: MBB vs NAU

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:38 pm

All four men's BSC games are very low scoring.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14364
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: MBB vs NAU

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:48 pm

edit
Last edited by TomCat88 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3574
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:03 pm
Location: Helena

Re: MBB vs NAU

Post by KittieKop » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:55 pm

Finished the half strong with an 8-2 run. Up 30-28 at half.


"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Image

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10307
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: MBB vs NAU

Post by wbtfg » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:44 pm

Tight game. Not sure who the announcers are, the older guy has some great commentary. The younger play by play guy orgasms every time NAU scores. I assume he’s part of the nau staff?



KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3574
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:03 pm
Location: Helena

Re: MBB vs NAU

Post by KittieKop » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:45 pm

Cats are brutal from 3 point range, 3-17 for the night. All three from Frey. Could start on the refs, but it's the BSC, so expected. Tie game now and NAU drawing fouls inside every time a defender breathes on an NAU player. Nau starting to hit their threes.


"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Image

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3574
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:03 pm
Location: Helena

Re: MBB vs NAU

Post by KittieKop » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:45 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:44 pm
Tight game. Not sure who the announcers are, the older guy has some great commentary. The younger play by play guy orgasms every time NAU scores. I assume he’s part of the nau staff?
Older guy is Joe Cravens, former coach.


"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Image

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3574
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:03 pm
Location: Helena

Re: MBB vs NAU

Post by KittieKop » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:56 pm

Cats hold on for a 2 point win. One big three by Ricketts down the stretch, good defense and a couple big rebounds and FTs from Belo. 2-0 to start conference play!


"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Image

User avatar
Bobcat4Ever
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1260
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:26 pm
Location: Nevada

Re: MBB vs NAU

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:00 pm

Nice sweep for the team and Coach Sprinkle. On TV the Fieldhouse looked like it had more fans than I have seen in years! There seems to be some excitement about the program now. I actually look forward to the games this year.



User avatar
mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4437
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:44 pm

Re: MBB vs NAU

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:01 pm

Nice! Go cats!

Watched the game on my phone- Belo is going to be sooooooooo good. Wow I’m impressed with this guy.


FTG- GO CATS GO!

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10307
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: MBB vs NAU

Post by wbtfg » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:04 pm

Nice home sweep to start conference play.



User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9436
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: MBB vs NAU

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:10 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:45 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:44 pm
Tight game. Not sure who the announcers are, the older guy has some great commentary. The younger play by play guy orgasms every time NAU scores. I assume he’s part of the nau staff?
Older guy is Joe Cravens, former coach.
Younger guy is Shaun Rainey, past and current griz homer.


"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 428
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:04 am

Re: MBB vs NAU

Post by wapiti » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:17 pm

I was at the game.

I thought the officiating was AWFUL! One moment they would let the players mug each other the next moment they are calling everything.
It made hard for any sort of rhythm to get going.

It will be great when the students are back.



MSU01
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4222
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:21 pm

Re: MBB vs NAU

Post by MSU01 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:21 pm

I'm not going to complain too loudly about the officiating when MSU won largely because they outscored NAU 25-5 from the free throw line. What a pleasure to see MSU step up and hit those shots in crucial situations. Belo was great and kudos to Ricketts for hitting the go-ahead 3 after making nothing all game prior to that.


Go Bobcats! 24-17 31-23 29-25 48-14

GoldstoneCat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1053
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Re: MBB vs NAU

Post by GoldstoneCat » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:37 pm

Nice to win when you don't have your best. Belo is awesome, that guy goes and GETS the ball on a rebound. Get DK back to soak up some minutes, we'll be in good shape. League looks wide open.



HelenaCat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 685
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:26 pm
Location: Helena, MT

Re: MBB vs NAU

Post by HelenaCat » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:51 pm

Great crowds at both games this week, especially with school out. Cats played really good defense both games. I think tonight’s game may be pretty typical of this team this year. We don’t have a lot of scoring options and if a few are not hitting a lot of shots, then we have to grind out some ugly wins. The encouraging thing is that we do actually play defense this year and this will keep us in most games.

Belo gets better every game. He does need to watch the unnecessary fouls, but he is becoming a real force. As Danny said on the postgame, he is still learning (post moves, footwork, etc.), but having a big man with his athleticism that also makes his free throws is a huge advantage.



User avatar
BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6581
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: Belgrade, Montana

Re: MBB vs NAU

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:40 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:00 pm
Nice sweep for the team and Coach Sprinkle. On TV the Fieldhouse looked like it had more fans than I have seen in years! There seems to be some excitement about the program now. I actually look forward to the games this year.
They had the curtain up all the way on the southside. It was down on Saturday. Crowds are noticeably larger than last season so far.

Weird game. We were mostly in control, then I think they had a 5 point possession. We fouled on a made basket, they missed the free throw but got the rebound and canned a 3. Poof! Tie game. Then Ricketts and Belo team up to force a traveling call and Ricketts hit that three out of nowhere. That was huge.

NAU is totally different than Sac State. They're smaller, but their players are wirery and faster. And they shoot a lot of threes. They'd missed a bunch and then hit two or three in a row and come storming back. Fortunately, tonight we hit our free throws. Belo was 9-10. When he goes 9-10 we're going to win most of the time.

Tough road trip ahead. UNC and then SUU-Thursday-Saturday.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14364
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: MBB vs NAU

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:08 am

What a night for BSC hoops.
MSU won by 2
UM won by 2
Weber won by 1
S. Utah won by 2
ISU blew out EWU by 6


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

GoldstoneCat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1053
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Re: MBB vs NAU

Post by GoldstoneCat » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:23 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:40 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:00 pm
Nice sweep for the team and Coach Sprinkle. On TV the Fieldhouse looked like it had more fans than I have seen in years! There seems to be some excitement about the program now. I actually look forward to the games this year.
They had the curtain up all the way on the southside. It was down on Saturday. Crowds are noticeably larger than last season so far.

Weird game. We were mostly in control, then I think they had a 5 point possession. We fouled on a made basket, they missed the free throw but got the rebound and canned a 3. Poof! Tie game. Then Ricketts and Belo team up to force a traveling call and Ricketts hit that three out of nowhere. That was huge.

NAU is totally different than Sac State. They're smaller, but their players are wirery and faster. And they shoot a lot of threes. They'd missed a bunch and then hit two or three in a row and come storming back. Fortunately, tonight we hit our free throws. Belo was 9-10. When he goes 9-10 we're going to win most of the time.

Tough road trip ahead. UNC and then SUU-Thursday-Saturday.
Agree, the game had the feel of being in hand for 35 minutes, then suddenly it was tied and they had possession. Ricketts taking and making that shot was huge given the night he was having. The upcoming trip is a tough one, and one you'd love to just get a split, get home 3-1 in what looks to be a wide-open BSC.



Post Reply