NDSU game 12/16

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

lakesbison
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: NDSU game 12/16

Post by lakesbison » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:53 pm

14 point win for NDSU. (probably same thing saturday.... I keed I keed. :) )

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:39 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:47 pm
MSU killing itself with turnovers. Also a terribly officiated game. Refs will only call offensive fouls against MSU. Rebounds that should be jump balls are called fouls on MSU. An Ndsu guy fell down with the ball and wasn't called for traveling. Etc etc.
Same refs that did the football game last Saturday, apparently.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

WolfPtCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by WolfPtCat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:40 am

Someone said it earlier....rusty.

It is pretty tough to take 10 days off. I heard Sprinkle say they only practiced a few times. Some shooting days and at least one day of running to get some sweat going during finals week.

I expect them to look much better later this week at Bakersfield. Now that they remember that their opponents are going to guard them hard, block them out, and drive them to the basket. Sometimes you forget that when you are just doing shoot arounds for 2 weeks.

I'm not complaining. I think Sprinkle has his priorities straight. Schedule a break so that players can focus on finals. I look at this game as a throw-away. Now it is time to ramp things back up to get ready for conference. The team looks very promising. Top 3 in conference play. We have enough athletes to get hot at tourney time and go on a run.....kinda like our football team!

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:08 am

NDSU looked good and deserved the win but that run in the second half was triggered by the refs deciding to only watch one team. At least 2 very iffy offensive fouls and opposite calls on the other end. We turned the ball over way too much to win but with 56% shooting, we should have at least kept it interesting.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:48 pm

We also need to develop more depth and get more contributions from the bench players not named Michael. Zeke did well on defense but not confident on offense. They were able to shut down Ladan totally and no one else stepped up. I think it will come with time but the bench needs to start contributing more consistently.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:31 pm

Hope the football team doesn't follow suit