Future Bobcat Basketball Season

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Future Bobcat Basketball Season

Post by mslacat » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:23 am

Every year I like to follow committed or signed basketball recruits to get a feel for them before they put on the Blue and Gold in 2020. I share some quick results on twitter and here on Bobcatnation.com I may elaborate on what I posted on Twitter. I know this is not for everybody, but I hope there are some stat nerds out there who may enjoy this kind of Schtuff.

Mike Hood 6-2 guard S. Idaho Southern Idaho over the past 15-20 years has been the best D1 JC basketball team in the country. It is not uncommon for CSI to sign everyone of their Sophomores to D-1 schools. CSI is a good team this year but is not at that caliber of team. They have a brand new head Coach and the roster is all brand new players. Hood is one of 2 sophomores on the team and the remaining 12 players are freshman. Mike hood is currently leading CSI in scoring at 22.0 point a game through 8 games (5W-3L). He is also averaging 2 assist, 2 steals 3 rebounds while shooting 45% from the field, 36% from 3 point range and 90% from the charity stripe.

Leia Beattie a 5-9 guard from Midland Classical HS in her first two games of the season averaged 25.5 points (7 three pointers) 5 assist and 3 steals

Ava Ranson 5-9 Guard from Timberline HS in Boise Idaho averaged 23 points 5 assists, 5 steals in her first two games of the season in blow out wins. She was named Treasure Valley Player of the Week

Tatlor Janssen 6-3 forward from Rosemount HS in MN scored 17 points and 7 rebounds in her first game and first win of the season.

More high schools teams will be rolling out in the next 1-2 weeks so more later.