Spartan Invitational- App State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

User avatar
Bobcat4Ever
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1000
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:26 pm
Location: Nevada

Re: Spartan Invitational- App State

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:52 pm

I’m impressed. No excuses about flying 2,000 miles. That’s just a commuter flight for Harald and others. No excuses about “just not ready to play.” They clearly were ready to play. What a nice win. Wasn’t it just last year that we were ranked near the bottom of all teams in defense? That has changed. The offense will be fine, too. I believe Coach Sprinkle may be teaching these guys how to play basketball, rather than berating them.

Go, Cats!



Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2167
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Spartan Invitational- App State

Post by Cataholic » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:24 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:29 pm
msu_agfan wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:18 pm
We jumped out to a 10 to 2 lead with 3 dunks and a Harry Frey 4pt play, but they worked themselves back into the game and they are now ahead 25-24 @ the half.

Edit... the audio is horrible! Lots of background noise or something.
MSU needs to work on audio! Sounds like he is under water. I, also, switched to ASU feed. Crystal clear and their announcer was good.
Learfield should be embarrassed by the production. High school games get a better feed than this. Exciting game, but the audio was so bad...



orsalak
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 655
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:34 pm

Re: Spartan Invitational- App State

Post by orsalak » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:39 pm

This was a good team that the Cats beat. Did anyone else notice the attendance that ESPN has listed. These things usually don’t stand out to me but 219 people in a stadium that can hold 23k!!😳


Guns don't kill people..... I kill people

msu_agfan
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Central Montana

Re: Spartan Invitational- App State

Post by msu_agfan » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:40 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:37 pm
The bad news-Belo fouled out in 16 minutes. The good news-he'll be nice and fresh for tomorrow's game.
Great positive spin, I like it!


Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

msu_agfan
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Central Montana

Re: Spartan Invitational- App State

Post by msu_agfan » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:45 pm

orsalak wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:39 pm
This was a good team that the Cats beat. Did anyone else notice the attendance that ESPN has listed. These things usually don’t stand out to me but 219 people in a stadium that can hold 23k!!😳
Shoot, that's crazy. Almost like if we held our championships in Reno! Haha. Seriously, we should host a little tourney like this here @MSU . Would make a great trip for our family that we would make most years I bet.


Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

User avatar
BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6326
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: Belgrade, Montana

Re: Spartan Invitational- App State

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:16 pm

orsalak wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:39 pm
This was a good team that the Cats beat. Did anyone else notice the attendance that ESPN has listed. These things usually don’t stand out to me but 219 people in a stadium that can hold 23k!!😳
Actually the games are being played in a 2000 seat gym-not the Greensboro Coliseum where UNCG plays most of their games, but still-pretty empty.
Our opponent tomorrow-UNCG beat Tennessee Tech 64-30. So that'll be a tough one I'm guessing.
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... =401174710




orsalak
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 655
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:34 pm

Re: Spartan Invitational- App State

Post by orsalak » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:20 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:16 pm
orsalak wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:39 pm
This was a good team that the Cats beat. Did anyone else notice the attendance that ESPN has listed. These things usually don’t stand out to me but 219 people in a stadium that can hold 23k!!😳
Actually the games are being played in a 2000 seat gym-not the Greensboro Coliseum where UNCG plays most of their games, but still-pretty empty.
Our opponent tomorrow-UNCG beat Tennessee Tech 64-30. So that'll be a tough one I'm guessing.
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... =401174710

Thanks


Guns don't kill people..... I kill people

Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2167
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Spartan Invitational- App State

Post by Cataholic » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:32 am

msu_agfan wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:45 pm
orsalak wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:39 pm
This was a good team that the Cats beat. Did anyone else notice the attendance that ESPN has listed. These things usually don’t stand out to me but 219 people in a stadium that can hold 23k!!😳
Shoot, that's crazy. Almost like if we held our championships in Reno! Haha. Seriously, we should host a little tourney like this here @MSU . Would make a great trip for our family that we would make most years I bet.
I remember the Cats used to hold a four team tourney. I think it was the “Grantree Invitational”. I believe the travel cost to get to Montana was a major deterrent, but also many tourneys developed in exotic locations like the Bahamas and Hawaii that limited interest in a Bozeman tourney.



bob12
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:41 am

Re: Spartan Invitational- App State

Post by bob12 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:01 am

Isn't Appalachian State relatively close to this tournament? I do believe that had this been held in Spokane/Boise/Fargo we would have mustered more than ~200 or so fans alone. App seems like a decent team, where is their following?



Wrangler
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:24 am

Re: Spartan Invitational- App State

Post by Wrangler » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:53 am

Yep, App State is less than a 2 hour drive from Greensboro. App State was not a good team last year though. Something like 11-21. They finished 10th in their conference. In their “respectable” loss to Michigan earlier this season, they actually trailed by 30 early in the second half.



bob12
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:41 am

Re: Spartan Invitational- App State

Post by bob12 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:02 am

Still, they can pack upwards of 20k~ for football but wont drive 2 hrs for basketball....? sad. Glad I am part of a better fan base.



User avatar
grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5861
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:23 pm
Location: Billings via Livingston
Contact:

Re: Spartan Invitational- App State

Post by grizzh8r » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:13 am

bob12 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:02 am
Still, they can pack upwards of 20k~ for football but wont drive 2 hrs for basketball....? sad. Glad I am part of a better fan base.
It's a mindset. 2 hours is a LONG drive for folks on the east coast. Us westerners think nothing of it, we're used to wide open spaces and 2-6 hour drives to get anywhere.


Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Retard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

User avatar
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired
Posts: 2438
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:00 pm
Location: Back in the US, but not home

Re: Spartan Invitational- App State

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:37 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:13 am
bob12 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:02 am
Still, they can pack upwards of 20k~ for football but wont drive 2 hrs for basketball....? sad. Glad I am part of a better fan base.
It's a mindset. 2 hours is a LONG drive for folks on the east coast. Us westerners think nothing of it, we're used to wide open spaces and 2-6 hour drives to get anywhere.
Having grown up in Montana and living now on the East Coast, I have learned why. Driving 2 hours out here is 2 hours of pure misery. I would literally rather be anywhere than in the car on the roads here.

Now, if MSU was playing two hours away, I'd ride my motorcycle to the game. But not everyone likes those, has one, and knows how to operate it.


"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

Post Reply