Following 2020 recruits this summer

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Following 2020 recruits this summer

Post by mslacat » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:19 am

Because I am such a nerd, I follow committed/signed Bobcat Basketball recruits, and I like to share some highlights and updates over the winter on Twitter and here on BobcatNation. Over the years I have found some athletes are easier to follow then others, but I will try to keep folks update in this thread. I will be covering both the women's and men's recruits. If this is ore nerdness than you like just ignore this thread.

First up for the season is Mike Hood a JC player from Southern Idaho JC recruits are easy to follow thanks to NJCCA.org. Hood committed last week but I am only 75% sure he will sign this fall, 25% he will sign in the spring.

In Southern Idaho's first game of the season Mike Hood scored 27 points, 3 rebounds, 2 steals and 1 block while shooting 4 for 9 from three point range and 8-17 over all in a 78-71 win over Mesa AZ CC. His second game against Scottsdale CC 13 points 2 rebounds 3 steals shooting 3-7 from 3 and 4-10 overall in a loss. Hood was in in foul trouble most of the game.

Southern Idaho has a completely new team this year without a single returner. They only have 2 sophomore on the team, with one being Hood. The rest are freshman. The coach has stated he expects Hood to play a lot this season show Hood should be able to showcase his game this year.

The remaining 7 recruits are all high schooler and their season is about a month away from starting.