WBB vs Cal Davis

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:47 am

WBB vs Cal Davis

Post by Catlady » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:47 am

Excited about our season opener. I’m confident we have a great team, but hope the Coaches don’t focus too much on one or two players. Our depth is amazing and the Freshmen will be hungry for playing time. I thought last year we got tunnel vision on offense and focused on one player. I hope Binford learned from her mistakes. We will win the title if we play defense. I have to admit, I had an uneasy feeling the first quarter of the exhibition game. Looked like a repeat of the lackadaisical defense from last season, but we tightened up the next 3 quarters. Funny how well Smith and Braxton play together.



User avatar
WalkOn79
Member # Retired
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:47 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: WBB vs Cal Davis

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:29 pm

They need to be on the floor more together. The high-low game was killer on Monday!


"The pride and tradition
of Montana State football
will not be entrusted to
the timid or weak!"

Cliff Hysell, RIP

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:50 pm
Location: Butte

Re: WBB vs Cal Davis

Post by Ilikecats » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:52 pm

I’m going to stay positive because we haven’t even played our first game, but I agree it needs to be a team effort! I’m not sure the coaching staff gets the best use of all the teams talent. Friday night is going to be interesting. Chemistry matters!



KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3380
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:03 pm
Location: Helena

Re: WBB vs Cal Davis

Post by KittieKop » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:29 pm

Boy oh boy does the BSC need to get out of this Pluto TV deal. Worthless. Right in the middle of plays, let's just cut to commercial. 40 seconds left in the quarter? Let's just say the hell with it and go to Pluto TV commercials. At least viewers get exactly what we pay for it: nothing.


"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Image

bpcats20
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:13 am

Re: WBB vs Cal Davis

Post by bpcats20 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:51 pm

Freshman players are looking good so far.



arvcat2
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:41 pm

Re: WBB vs Cal Davis

Post by arvcat2 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:59 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:29 pm
Boy oh boy does the BSC need to get out of this Pluto TV deal. Worthless. Right in the middle of plays, let's just cut to commercial. 40 seconds left in the quarter? Let's just say the hell with it and go to Pluto TV commercials. At least viewers get exactly what we pay for it: nothing.
Well it's better than nothing...sort of :cry:



arvcat2
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:41 pm

Re: WBB vs Cal Davis

Post by arvcat2 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:02 pm

bpcats20 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:51 pm
Freshman players are looking good so far.
White & Jackson look to be very good & exciting.



KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3380
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:03 pm
Location: Helena

Re: WBB vs Cal Davis

Post by KittieKop » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:31 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:59 pm
KittieKop wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:29 pm
Boy oh boy does the BSC need to get out of this Pluto TV deal. Worthless. Right in the middle of plays, let's just cut to commercial. 40 seconds left in the quarter? Let's just say the hell with it and go to Pluto TV commercials. At least viewers get exactly what we pay for it: nothing.
Well it's better than nothing...sort of :cry:
I gave up on the game audio when it de-synced by about 10 seconds. Was OK until they cut to a commercial in the middle of a UC Davis shot.

Cats were letting Davis back in it a little. Still up by 16 pts, but have been up by about 22-24 something like that at one point.


"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Image

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3380
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:03 pm
Location: Helena

Re: WBB vs Cal Davis

Post by KittieKop » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:42 pm

Davis went on a 23-4 run, lead was down to only 8. Cats with the ball, up 10 with 1:38 to go


"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Image

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13224
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: WBB vs Cal Davis

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:55 pm

Cats win 77-65.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

bpcats20
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:13 am

Re: WBB vs Cal Davis

Post by bpcats20 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:03 pm

Love how white and Jackson play- haven’t had that explosive point guard play since the one before Ausha Cole. Jackson is a do it all player.

Will be a fun team to watch and root for this year.



User avatar
Bobcat4Ever
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:26 pm
Location: Nevada

Re: WBB vs Cal Davis

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:52 am

KittieKop wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:29 pm
Boy oh boy does the BSC need to get out of this Pluto TV deal. Worthless. Right in the middle of plays, let's just cut to commercial. 40 seconds left in the quarter? Let's just say the hell with it and go to Pluto TV commercials. At least viewers get exactly what we pay for it: nothing.
I don’t know how much of that commercial break mess is done by the producer (school) or broadcast partner (Pluto) but it was an awful, embarrassing mess. I was watching with a relative. And it did not help that we called ourselves MONTATA STATE on the onscreen scoreboard.

This team has a lot of ability. Better athletes, little by little. They’ll be fun to watch, for sure.



KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3380
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:03 pm
Location: Helena

Re: WBB vs Cal Davis

Post by KittieKop » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:52 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:52 am
KittieKop wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:29 pm
Boy oh boy does the BSC need to get out of this Pluto TV deal. Worthless. Right in the middle of plays, let's just cut to commercial. 40 seconds left in the quarter? Let's just say the hell with it and go to Pluto TV commercials. At least viewers get exactly what we pay for it: nothing.
I don’t know how much of that commercial break mess is done by the producer (school) or broadcast partner (Pluto) but it was an awful, embarrassing mess. I was watching with a relative. And it did not help that we called ourselves MONTATA STATE on the onscreen scoreboard.

This team has a lot of ability. Better athletes, little by little. They’ll be fun to watch, for sure.
Well, the game played/streamed ok from the watchbigsky webpage, but there was also a lag between that site and the Pluto channel. Pluto seemed to just be doing it's own thing.


"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Image

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:47 am

Re: WBB vs Cal Davis

Post by Catlady » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:51 pm

Cats look good! My concern is that they have so much talent at almost every position how does Binford keep everyone happy? You got Blaire and Madeline. How do you get Jackson on the floor? Do you want shots coming from Oli or Fallyn? How do you get Martell on the floor which is where she should be if she’s making her shots? How long do you keep Fallyn on the bench when she’s in foul trouble! White seems to have unlimited potential, who sits if she plays 30 minutes? Besides the defensive let down in the 3rd quarter this team was focused on the game. Going to be an interesting season to see how all this talent meshes together! Good problem to have!



BethanyCordell
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:32 pm

Re: WBB vs Cal Davis

Post by BethanyCordell » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:08 pm

Hi everyone...

Super sorry about the stream; we honestly are not fully sure what happened yet but are actively investigating. We really value our partnership with PlutoTV and are in CONSTANT contact with them on the quality of our streams. It's crushing when they don't work well- regardless of where the issue is (human error happens on both sides of this ball).

Thanks for your patience, and please don't ever stop giving us feedback... positive or negative. That's how we get better.

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics



User avatar
Bobcat4Ever
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:26 pm
Location: Nevada

Re: WBB vs Cal Davis

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:25 pm

BethanyCordell wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:08 pm
Hi everyone...

Super sorry about the stream; we honestly are not fully sure what happened yet but are actively investigating. We really value our partnership with PlutoTV and are in CONSTANT contact with them on the quality of our streams. It's crushing when they don't work well- regardless of where the issue is (human error happens on both sides of this ball).

Thanks for your patience, and please don't ever stop giving us feedback... positive or negative. That's how we get better.

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics
Bethany, are you ready for positive feedback? Well, here it comes. The game today, before the network was taken down, was the best PlutoTV I have ever seen from the Brick. I am guessing some new equipment and software? The stream was in hi-def! Yes! It also had excellent color, not the yellowish tint we have had for a long time. And it was not breaking up at all. And you have a new onscreen scoreboard with a shot clock! Yes! Super good watching down here in Nevada (yes, I moved). I think I was more disappointed than usual when the feed dropped because it was such a good experience until then. Make sure the network crew has your broadcasting schedule, so that they can try to work around it.

If this quality continues, I’ll be a warm and happy Bobcat fan! Hope to catch the ‘Cats in Cedar City.



Ilikecats
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:50 pm
Location: Butte

Re: WBB vs Cal Davis

Post by Ilikecats » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:29 pm

Bethany.... appreciate the response, but this isn’t new or just tied to this seasons games. Pluto might be working to fix issues, but the quality has been poor for 3 years. We made a mistake one game of hosting a watching party only to have the feed not work. It’s not a MSU problem, I’ve seen the same issues when MSU teams play other teams within the conference at their home venue. Picture quality and the lack of a sound feed seem to be commonplace. Is the conference considering any alternatives?



BethanyCordell
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:32 pm

Re: WBB vs Cal Davis

Post by BethanyCordell » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:46 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:25 pm
BethanyCordell wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:08 pm
Hi everyone...

Super sorry about the stream; we honestly are not fully sure what happened yet but are actively investigating. We really value our partnership with PlutoTV and are in CONSTANT contact with them on the quality of our streams. It's crushing when they don't work well- regardless of where the issue is (human error happens on both sides of this ball).

Thanks for your patience, and please don't ever stop giving us feedback... positive or negative. That's how we get better.

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics
Bethany, are you ready for positive feedback? Well, here it comes. The game today, before the network was taken down, was the best PlutoTV I have ever seen from the Brick. I am guessing some new equipment and software? The stream was in hi-def! Yes! It also had excellent color, not the yellowish tint we have had for a long time. And it was not breaking up at all. And you have a new onscreen scoreboard with a shot clock! Yes! Super good watching down here in Nevada (yes, I moved). I think I was more disappointed than usual when the feed dropped because it was such a good experience until then. Make sure the network crew has your broadcasting schedule, so that they can try to work around it.

If this quality continues, I’ll be a warm and happy Bobcat fan! Hope to catch the ‘Cats in Cedar City.
Thank you so much for your kind words! I'll be sure to pass along to the production crew.

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics



thefrank1
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:14 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: WBB vs Cal Davis

Post by thefrank1 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:33 pm

Bethany, one of the most difficult quality issues is related to the bandwidth of the source (MSU or other school) and the bandwidth of the viewer. Assuming the source bandwidth is adequate, what is the minimum bandwidth the viewer needs in order to have a HD picture? Can you get the tech folks to give us an answer? Thanks.


While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

User avatar
Bobcat4Ever
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:26 pm
Location: Nevada

Re: WBB vs Cal Davis

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:55 pm

I would hope the schools are not responsible for the multi-cast — if they are then, yes, that will continue to be a big, big problem. I am guessing (and only guessing) that a single feed goes to PlutoTV and then they redistribute. This makes sense in terms of ad revenue, as they could count viewers then, etc. I need to remember to peek under the hood at a PlutoTV game, and see where it is being served from.



Post Reply