Random thoughts on "Late Night at the Brick"

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Random thoughts on "Late Night at the Brick"

Post by aucat » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:25 am

Really enjoyed the event. Lots of activities and fun to be there.

First the women. The Lady Cats are loaded, plain and simple. Tremendous depth.
Great shooters, ball handlers, inside players. Somebody will have to be red-shirted--there
is too much talent on this squad. This team absolutely deserves to be the pre-season favorite.

Fallyn Freije is the real deal. She is big on the inside, but my gosh what a shooter. During
the 3 point exhibition she made 19 3s in ONE MINUTE. The Gatoraide Player of the Year
from Boise, ID, Darian White, is going to be an all-everything guard. She has it all.

The returning players appear to have improved. This is going to be an exciting year.
Cat fans need to buy their season tickets and fasten your seat belts for a fun year.

Now the men: Coach Sprinkle called the scrimmage UGLY. I couldn't agree more. There are some
very athletic guys on this team, but the shooting was HORRENDOUS. With 5 minutes left in the
first half the score was 23-6. That's how bad the shooting was. Coach Sprinkle is quite the
contrast from Coach Fish, who was wildly animated on the sidelines (which I personally thought
lost its effectiveness.) Coach Sprinkle is very reserved and low key.

All I can say is, Cat fans, be patient and give Coach Sprinkle time to build the program, because
based on the shooting skills that I witnessed last night, the pre-season rank of 7th in the Big Sky
might be optimistic. Nevertheless, I will support the Cats and cheer for them. Surely the guys
can shoot a lot better than what they showed last night. Go Cats.

P.S. The volleyball team is very talented and exciting to watch as well.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Random thoughts on "Late Night at the Brick"

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:27 pm

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Random thoughts on "Late Night at the Brick"

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:45 am

aucat wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:25 am
Really enjoyed the event. Lots of activities and fun to be there.

First the women. The Lady Cats are loaded, plain and simple. Tremendous depth.
Great shooters, ball handlers, inside players. Somebody will have to be red-shirted--there
is too much talent on this squad. This team absolutely deserves to be the pre-season favorite.

Fallyn Freije is the real deal. She is big on the inside, but my gosh what a shooter. During
the 3 point exhibition she made 19 3s in ONE MINUTE. The Gatoraide Player of the Year
from Boise, ID, Darian White, is going to be an all-everything guard. She has it all.

The returning players appear to have improved. This is going to be an exciting year.
Cat fans need to buy their season tickets and fasten your seat belts for a fun year.

Now the men: Coach Sprinkle called the scrimmage UGLY. I couldn't agree more. There are some
very athletic guys on this team, but the shooting was HORRENDOUS. With 5 minutes left in the
first half the score was 23-6. That's how bad the shooting was. Coach Sprinkle is quite the
contrast from Coach Fish, who was wildly animated on the sidelines (which I personally thought
lost its effectiveness.) Coach Sprinkle is very reserved and low key.

All I can say is, Cat fans, be patient and give Coach Sprinkle time to build the program, because
based on the shooting skills that I witnessed last night, the pre-season rank of 7th in the Big Sky
might be optimistic. Nevertheless, I will support the Cats and cheer for them. Surely the guys
can shoot a lot better than what they showed last night. Go Cats.

P.S. The volleyball team is very talented and exciting to watch as well.
I had the same thoughts about the men after this srimmage, but what a difference a couple of week made! Now I'm REALLY excited about this team!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz