2021 Recruiting Rumors and Discussion

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

desmond1957
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: 2021 Recruiting Rumors and Discussion

Post by desmond1957 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:01 pm

This Gaskin guy any relation to the Griz MBB player arrested and currently in the Missoula jail charged with felony assault for alledgedly choking a woman in Missoula? Just wondering.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:38 pm

Scuttlebut

As has been reported Sprinkle and his coaches have already secured 3 verbal commits for 2021 recruiting class. The three are 6-8 G/F Alex Germer of Sentinel HS In Missoula, G/F 6-6 Patrick McHahon of Palmer Alaska and 6-6 combo forward Sam Lecholat of Sheridan Wyoming These commits should sign with the Bobcats the second or so week in November. despite being from different states all have strong connections to the state Montana. McHahon's father played for Missoula Hellgate (and with my little brother) on some very good teams in the late 80's. He has strong connections to Montana (my brother actually knew he was going to commit to Bobcats about 5 days before the coaches knew.) Lacholat has been coming to the Bobcat basketball camps for about 3 years so the coaches knew him pretty well. I am also told he and Germer have become fast friends due to the AAU games.

A couple month ago Stadium Talk had a feature on the best high school player (singular) in each state. <link below> All three of these players were names their state best player for the upcoming season. Montana State had the most commits of any D-1 school of players on the list with their three. Stadium Talk actually seemed to be quite tickled by this fact and kept bring up the bobcats and Sprinkles name as the counted down the list. Of Sam Lecholat Stadium Talk calls him 1 of two elite recruits in Wyoming 7 foot center Lawson Lovering who is committed to Colorado State. Of Patrick McMahon they speculated that it was likely a larger school could try to steal him away from Montana State. When Stadium Talk discussed Alex Germer they they said of the three players committed to the Bobcats "Germer might be the best of the bunch"

The point I wanted to bring up and Stadium Talk discusses is that Sprinkle seems to finding and signing these "hidden gems" in small school places. You know you look at UM and over the past few years they seem to be recruiting high school players exclusively from California (and it is working for them). I think the last Non-California high school player the Griz have signed was Mack Anderson 3 years ago. As of right now I know of no one from the Montana high school ranks they are even sniffing around. Sprinkle seems dedicated looking high and low for local talent in Montana. I have talked to Sprinkle a couple of times about recruiting Montana. Every time he has been quite blunt. He wants to sign as many Montana Players as he can BUT they have to solid D-1 talent. With only thirteen scholarships it is almost impossible (and I might I add deadly to your career) to sign a Montana Player simply because he is Montana's best that year. Again the talent must be there.

Now to that end I have heard Montana State is seriously scouting recruiting 6-5ish junior sharpshooter Drew Wyman of Great Falls high school as well as 6-9ish junior Rhett Reynolds out of Shelby HS. Now to the best of my knowledge neither has been offered yet, but they both have multiple coaches from MSU have been talking to them. My same source says that neither of them have received a sniff of interest from the Griz....yet.

If you follow the link, it will bring your to Stadiuam Talk site and the article is presented as alphabetical slide show by state with about 4 slides per state/athlete. Be forewarned it takes quite a few clicks/slides before you get to Wyoming.

https://www.stadiumtalk.com/s/best-high ... 57b7834be6

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:57 pm

Thank you mslacat for that scuttlebutt... Sounds very good. I think we are blessed with another outstanding coach/teacher/leader...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:07 am

Below is tweet by 4 star recruit Dallan Coleman a 6-6 shooting guard out of Callahan Florida. He is ranked in the between the 40-70th best overall recruit and between the 7th and 20th best shooting guard in the country. He has just made his short list of his final school he is considering signing list. Do you see the jersey on the right hand side of his final 4. Look familiar!? Now look at the schools that made his final four! Better yet look at the schools that got cut! At one point this gentleman had over 30 offers before his last cut. Did a little research on him, scuttlebutt was that before his last cut he was rumored the #1 priority recruit this year for Memphis, Louisville, Ole Miss, Georgia Tech and Ohio State.

No matter how this works out, that is ****** recruiting by Sprinkle and his coaches!!!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:21 pm

mslacat wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:07 am
Below is tweet by 4 star recruit Dallan Coleman a 6-6 shooting guard out of Callahan Florida. He is ranked in the between the 40-70th best overall recruit and between the 7th and 20th best shooting guard in the country. He has just made his short list of his final school he is considering signing list. Do you see the jersey on the right hand side of his final 4. Look familiar!? Now look at the schools that made his final four! Better yet look at the schools that got cut! At one point this gentleman had over 30 offers before his last cut. Did a little research on him, scuttlebutt was that before his last cut he was rumored the #1 priority recruit this year for Memphis, Louisville, Ole Miss, Georgia Tech and Ohio State.

No matter how this works out, that is ****** recruiting by Sprinkle and his coaches!!!

That is nuts!!! Way to go coaches!!

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:12 pm

mslacat wrote:

Goin to throw a little cold water on my enthusiasm for the above mentioned tweet I think I we reading more into the (rose colored glasses I suppose) But I think Coleman Has only limited his colleges to 10 now that I look at it closer. That is still some pretty impressive recruiting by the coaches. Cross fingers we are still in the game though!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:18 pm

mslacat wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:12 pm
mslacat wrote:

Goin to throw a little cold water on my enthusiasm for the above mentioned tweet I think I we reading more into the (rose colored glasses I suppose) But I think Coleman Has only limited his colleges to 10 now that I look at it closer. That is still some pretty impressive recruiting by the coaches. Cross fingers we are still in the game though!
Regardless, that is really amazing. Those are all teams with experience in the top 25. Does Dallan have some special connection to MSU?

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:32 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:18 pm
mslacat wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:12 pm
mslacat wrote:

Regardless, that is really amazing. Those are all teams with experience in the top 25. Does Dallan have some special connection to MSU?
To even be considered in this group means something.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:25 pm

This is nothing but good stuff for the program!. We have already won by all the recruiting publicity the Bobcats have garnered.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/09/13/ ... coleman/4/

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:14 pm

mslacat wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:25 pm
This is nothing but good stuff for the program!. We have already won by all the recruiting publicity the Bobcats have garnered.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/09/13/ ... coleman/4/
Suddenly other recruits start seeing Montana State who would've never considered coming to Bozeman before. Next thing you know guys are picking up the phone when Montana State calls and there's a foot in the door that never would've gotten in the door. Stuff like this is huge, hopefully it continues!

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:01 pm

mslacat wrote:

Coleman announced Tuesday that this coming Friday he intends to have his list narrowed down to 3. Realistically the odds are not in MSI's favor but fingers are crossed!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:31 am

mslacat wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:01 pm
mslacat wrote:

Coleman announced Tuesday that this coming Friday he intends to have his list narrowed down to 3. Realistically the odds are not in MSI's favor but fingers are crossed!
His Top 3 are Georgia Tech, Texas Tech, and Ole Miss. Still awesome that MSU was included in the initial top 10!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:16 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

ibleedblue
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by ibleedblue » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:48 am

Let’s hope he really is Great.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:18 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:16 pm
Sounds good! What do we know about him?

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:24 pm

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:06 pm

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:20 pm

Sprinkle really likes those 6'5" to 6'7" rangy long armed guys (who wouldn't?) A couple of them are bound to grow an inch or two and all of them will put on 10-20 poiunds. They all appear to be very skilled as well. Will they be quick enough to keep their guy in front of them on defense? Next season's freshman class looks really good to me.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:43 am

I'm guessing that former Griz O-lineman Chad Germer, might be Alex Germer's dad? It would be a bonus, to get someone who had family ties to UM.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:47 am

CelticCat wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:06 pm
I'm hoping that's just a typo, and that he's actual 6-7 and 205, rather than 105....LOL.