2021 Recruiting Rumors and Discussion

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Post Reply
mslacat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5884
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:12 am
Contact:

2021 Recruiting Rumors and Discussion

Post by mslacat » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:58 am

Sprinkle has started to look seriously at the 2012 recruiting Class so I thought I would start this thread Here is a list of prospects it it rumored that Sprinkle is looking at. Thanks to Verbal Commits for adding to this list.

Alex Germer 6-6 SG/SF Sentinel HS Missoula Montana
Sam Lecholat 6-6 sf/PF Sheridan HS Wyoming
Carlos Rosario 6-7 SF/PF Veritas Prep School originally from Barranquilla Columbia
Randi Ovalle 6-7 SF from Bosco HS Originally from Dominican Republic
Deimean Reyes 6-8 PF Veritas Prep School originally from Barranquilla Columbia
Gavin Gilstrap 6-10 C Central Valley HS Spokane Washington
Malur Dhal 6-10 C PHoenix Prep School originally from South Sudan

Note verbal commits list PG Kaleb Wolford a MSU 2021, but I believe he was offered by former coach Brian Fish. I can not confirm if Sprinkle and his coaches are still recruiting him.



mslacat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5884
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:12 am
Contact:

Re: 2021 Recruiting Rumors and Discussion

Post by mslacat » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:45 pm

Need to catch up on a couple 2021 high school offers to some what local players by the Bobcat coaches.

Alex Germer 6-6 sf from Missoula Sentinel was offered this week end after he took what is known as an unofficial visit to Bozeman. Germer is a versatile player and could end up playing three spots in college. Last year he averaged 7 points and 9 rebounds last season. He is a shooter and Sprinkle seems to really like tall shooters. I have seen him listed at 6-5 to 6-6 last year, and I have been told y a Sentinel Parent that he is a solid 6-7 this year. He is getting interest from a handful of Big Sky and MWC team, but the Bobcats are the first (and only) to offer. His older brother play on the Griz football team. I am told he is interested in engineering. I am going to enjoy checking him out this winter.

Sam Lecholat a 6-6 combo forward from Sheridan high school in Sheridan Wyoming was also offered by the Bobcats this week. At Sheridan last year he is listed as a 6-5 power forward / center and his AAU team has him listed as a 6-6 small forward. That said last season he was lauded for his defense against fellow 2021 Wyoming prospect 7-0 Lawson Lovering (9 D1 offers). He also has the reputation as a deep 3 point shooter. According to Max Preps he averaged 14 points 13.7 rebounds (I question that stat) 3 ast 3blks 63% FG and 50%3fg. Wyoming and Montana are showing strong interest but the Bobcats are his only offer so far.



msu_agfan
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 687
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Central Montana

Re: 2021 Recruiting Rumors and Discussion

Post by msu_agfan » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:25 pm

Thanks for the updates!


Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

User avatar
84CatGrad
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:05 pm

Re: 2021 Recruiting Rumors and Discussion

Post by 84CatGrad » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:21 am

mslacat wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:45 pm
Need to catch up on a couple 2021 high school offers to some what local players by the Bobcat coaches.

Alex Germer 6-6 sf from Missoula Sentinel was offered this week end after he took what is known as an unofficial visit to Bozeman. Germer is a versatile player and could end up playing three spots in college. Last year he averaged 7 points and 9 rebounds last season. He is a shooter and Sprinkle seems to really like tall shooters. I have seen him listed at 6-5 to 6-6 last year, and I have been told y a Sentinel Parent that he is a solid 6-7 this year. He is getting interest from a handful of Big Sky and MWC team, but the Bobcats are the first (and only) to offer. His older brother play on the Griz football team. I am told he is interested in engineering. I am going to enjoy checking him out this winter.

Sam Lecholat a 6-6 combo forward from Sheridan high school in Sheridan Wyoming was also offered by the Bobcats this week. At Sheridan last year he is listed as a 6-5 power forward / center and his AAU team has him listed as a 6-6 small forward. That said last season he was lauded for his defense against fellow 2021 Wyoming prospect 7-0 Lawson Lovering (9 D1 offers). He also has the reputation as a deep 3 point shooter. According to Max Preps he averaged 14 points 13.7 rebounds (I question that stat) 3 ast 3blks 63% FG and 50%3fg. Wyoming and Montana are showing strong interest but the Bobcats are his only offer so far.
How is it that Germer, a 6'6" shooter with Big Sky talent, averaged only 7 points/game?



bobcat99
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3655
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: 2021 Recruiting Rumors and Discussion

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:59 am

84CatGrad wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:21 am
mslacat wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:45 pm
Need to catch up on a couple 2021 high school offers to some what local players by the Bobcat coaches.

Alex Germer 6-6 sf from Missoula Sentinel was offered this week end after he took what is known as an unofficial visit to Bozeman. Germer is a versatile player and could end up playing three spots in college. Last year he averaged 7 points and 9 rebounds last season. He is a shooter and Sprinkle seems to really like tall shooters. I have seen him listed at 6-5 to 6-6 last year, and I have been told y a Sentinel Parent that he is a solid 6-7 this year. He is getting interest from a handful of Big Sky and MWC team, but the Bobcats are the first (and only) to offer. His older brother play on the Griz football team. I am told he is interested in engineering. I am going to enjoy checking him out this winter.

Sam Lecholat a 6-6 combo forward from Sheridan high school in Sheridan Wyoming was also offered by the Bobcats this week. At Sheridan last year he is listed as a 6-5 power forward / center and his AAU team has him listed as a 6-6 small forward. That said last season he was lauded for his defense against fellow 2021 Wyoming prospect 7-0 Lawson Lovering (9 D1 offers). He also has the reputation as a deep 3 point shooter. According to Max Preps he averaged 14 points 13.7 rebounds (I question that stat) 3 ast 3blks 63% FG and 50%3fg. Wyoming and Montana are showing strong interest but the Bobcats are his only offer so far.
How is it that Germer, a 6'6" shooter with Big Sky talent, averaged only 7 points/game?
Remember the Anderson kid from Bozeman? Averaged 3 ppg and 3 rpg as a JR. Got offers from UM and MSU that summer. It's all projection, and a lot of how they play in these summer leagues.



User avatar
BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6473
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: Belgrade, Montana

Re: 2021 Recruiting Rumors and Discussion

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:20 am

84CatGrad wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:21 am
How is it that Germer, a 6'6" shooter with Big Sky talent, averaged only 7 points/game?
Is that Chad Germer's kid? Extremely good genetics.



mslacat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5884
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:12 am
Contact:

Re: 2021 Recruiting Rumors and Discussion

Post by mslacat » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:11 pm

84CatGrad wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:21 am


How is it that Germer, a 6'6" shooter with Big Sky talent, averaged only 7 points/game?
I was kind of wondering about those stats. I saw him play last twice last year and I thought he scored in the 12 or so points in both games. It will be interesting to see how he does in his junior season.



User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9101
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: 2021 Recruiting Rumors and Discussion

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:46 pm



"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

blueandgoldblitz
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1154
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: 2021 Recruiting Rumors and Discussion

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:26 pm

Just curious, but does all athletics share the same social media team/graphic design team? I'm just asking because it seems like the football commits have better graphics associated with their commit posts compared to the other sports. Maybe I'm just looking at it too hard?


We could say TG makes the freshman wear pink thongs to every practice and you would say, "I'm so glad he left Missoula he tried that here and it didn't work either. LOL LMAF OMG LOL BAE" and whatever else you fruits over in Missoula say -Hi-Line

Post Reply