2021 Recruiting Rumors and Discussion

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

2021 Recruiting Rumors and Discussion

Post by mslacat » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:58 am

Sprinkle has started to look seriously at the 2012 recruiting Class so I thought I would start this thread Here is a list of prospects it it rumored that Sprinkle is looking at. Thanks to Verbal Commits for adding to this list.

Alex Germer 6-6 SG/SF Sentinel HS Missoula Montana
Sam Lecholat 6-6 sf/PF Sheridan HS Wyoming
Carlos Rosario 6-7 SF/PF Veritas Prep School originally from Barranquilla Columbia
Randi Ovalle 6-7 SF from Bosco HS Originally from Dominican Republic
Deimean Reyes 6-8 PF Veritas Prep School originally from Barranquilla Columbia
Gavin Gilstrap 6-10 C Central Valley HS Spokane Washington
Malur Dhal 6-10 C PHoenix Prep School originally from South Sudan

Note verbal commits list PG Kaleb Wolford a MSU 2021, but I believe he was offered by former coach Brian Fish. I can not confirm if Sprinkle and his coaches are still recruiting him.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2021 Recruiting Rumors and Discussion

Post by mslacat » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:45 pm

Need to catch up on a couple 2021 high school offers to some what local players by the Bobcat coaches.

Alex Germer 6-6 sf from Missoula Sentinel was offered this week end after he took what is known as an unofficial visit to Bozeman. Germer is a versatile player and could end up playing three spots in college. Last year he averaged 7 points and 9 rebounds last season. He is a shooter and Sprinkle seems to really like tall shooters. I have seen him listed at 6-5 to 6-6 last year, and I have been told y a Sentinel Parent that he is a solid 6-7 this year. He is getting interest from a handful of Big Sky and MWC team, but the Bobcats are the first (and only) to offer. His older brother play on the Griz football team. I am told he is interested in engineering. I am going to enjoy checking him out this winter.

Sam Lecholat a 6-6 combo forward from Sheridan high school in Sheridan Wyoming was also offered by the Bobcats this week. At Sheridan last year he is listed as a 6-5 power forward / center and his AAU team has him listed as a 6-6 small forward. That said last season he was lauded for his defense against fellow 2021 Wyoming prospect 7-0 Lawson Lovering (9 D1 offers). He also has the reputation as a deep 3 point shooter. According to Max Preps he averaged 14 points 13.7 rebounds (I question that stat) 3 ast 3blks 63% FG and 50%3fg. Wyoming and Montana are showing strong interest but the Bobcats are his only offer so far.

msu_agfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by msu_agfan » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:25 pm

Thanks for the updates!

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

84CatGrad
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 84CatGrad » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:21 am

mslacat wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:45 pm
Need to catch up on a couple 2021 high school offers to some what local players by the Bobcat coaches.

Alex Germer 6-6 sf from Missoula Sentinel was offered this week end after he took what is known as an unofficial visit to Bozeman. Germer is a versatile player and could end up playing three spots in college. Last year he averaged 7 points and 9 rebounds last season. He is a shooter and Sprinkle seems to really like tall shooters. I have seen him listed at 6-5 to 6-6 last year, and I have been told y a Sentinel Parent that he is a solid 6-7 this year. He is getting interest from a handful of Big Sky and MWC team, but the Bobcats are the first (and only) to offer. His older brother play on the Griz football team. I am told he is interested in engineering. I am going to enjoy checking him out this winter.

Sam Lecholat a 6-6 combo forward from Sheridan high school in Sheridan Wyoming was also offered by the Bobcats this week. At Sheridan last year he is listed as a 6-5 power forward / center and his AAU team has him listed as a 6-6 small forward. That said last season he was lauded for his defense against fellow 2021 Wyoming prospect 7-0 Lawson Lovering (9 D1 offers). He also has the reputation as a deep 3 point shooter. According to Max Preps he averaged 14 points 13.7 rebounds (I question that stat) 3 ast 3blks 63% FG and 50%3fg. Wyoming and Montana are showing strong interest but the Bobcats are his only offer so far.
How is it that Germer, a 6'6" shooter with Big Sky talent, averaged only 7 points/game?

bobcat99
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:59 am

84CatGrad wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:21 am
mslacat wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:45 pm

How is it that Germer, a 6'6" shooter with Big Sky talent, averaged only 7 points/game?
Remember the Anderson kid from Bozeman? Averaged 3 ppg and 3 rpg as a JR. Got offers from UM and MSU that summer. It's all projection, and a lot of how they play in these summer leagues.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:20 am

84CatGrad wrote:
Is that Chad Germer's kid? Extremely good genetics.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:11 pm

84CatGrad wrote:

I was kind of wondering about those stats. I saw him play last twice last year and I thought he scored in the 12 or so points in both games. It will be interesting to see how he does in his junior season.