Gold Rush Game - Basketball Happenings

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Gold Rush Game - Basketball Happenings

Post by mslacat » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:43 am

Under Huse, Fish and Binford the MSU first football game of the season, since named The Gold Rush has been a big and important recruiting opportunity for basketball. I have mentioned this in the past some of our best players made official visits during the Gold Rush weekend. I have heard this year was no no different. Binford and her coaches had 6 (yea I said 6) recruits in this week end, Leia Beattie, Lexi Deden, Sydney Stensgard, Ava Ranson, Caitlyn Limardo, & Taylor Jansen . And if any of those names sound familiar those are the players who have already committed to the Bobcats and will sign this fall. That I believe fills all Binford's available scholarships. I have talked to Huse, Fish and Tinkle and to a person they say the absolute maximum number of recruit on official visits is 3 and that is pushing it. Three prospects will run a coach ragged (the football coaches have to laugh at this). Binford though likes to have all her committed prospects in on the same weekend as a kind-of team/family building weekend. I think it is a lot easier to have more than 3 prospects in if they are all committed.

On the men's side, Sprinkle has only 2 scholarships to work with (as of right now) and I heard he brought in 1 prospect. A shooter.

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Gold Rush Game - Basketball Happenings

Post by thefrank1 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:52 am

Great reception for the men's team at the game. Cant wait to see the field house full and rocking!!

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:08 am

Saw Sprinkle at the game with what looked like one or maybe two guys and looked like one guy had his high school coach with him possibly. Looking forward to seeing the guys playing under Danny. GO CATS!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:39 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."