The Basketball Tournament - Elam Ending

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

sacstateman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: The Basketball Tournament - Elam Ending

Post by sacstateman » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:44 am

Rich K wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:24 pm
Semifinals for this year's "The Basketball Tournament" will be played tomorrow afternoon on ESPN.

Final game is Tuesday evening. I absolutely insist that the rules played in this tournament including the Elan ending make the game one hell of a lot better. Every game ends in a made shot. Referees don't have to figure out who the best actors are during the final minutes, in fact the referees' role in the game is way less than college or nba. If you like watching the last 2 minutes of a game last for 15 minutes and 40 whistles this isn't for you. As for me this makes basketball watchable.
I agree with you 100% Rich.....and I am 71 years old and have been around basketball for at least 65 of those years....Things change....Strategies in basketball have evolved over the years to make those last few minutes hard to get excited about but the Elam keeps everything flowing as it should....Time for traditionalists (which I consider myself one) to move over and let the game evolve again....

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:06 am

Bumping this as it's time for the 2023 version of The Basketball Tournament. Right now it's a bunch of no-name Junior College products against some big boys called Heartfire on ESPN2. Right now the Junior College guys are leading 45-34 early in the third quarter.

Again I will give my encouragement for the Elam Ending to work it's way into college basketball. So far I have not witnessed any occasions in which the refs took over the game, which is a fantastic by-product of the Elam Ending.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

homeytennis
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by homeytennis » Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:51 am

The NBA Summer Leagues used this for OTs this year and it seemed to work well.

Willneal
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Willneal » Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:18 pm

Justin Wetzel-Current Pacers GL Assistant Coach (former Bobcat asst) was a head coach this year in the TBT. Pretty neat post on Twitter about him being the 1st Native American to be a Head Coach in the TBT. Montana Boy!!!

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:43 pm

Can we just go to four quarters instead of two halves?

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie