Status of Current Assistant Coaches

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

duelalumnicat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Status of Current Assistant Coaches

Post by duelalumnicat » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:47 pm

Does anyone have any insight as to whether Coach Sprinkle will retain any of the current assistant coaches?

For what it is worth, I hope Coach Sprinkle at least considers keeping Coach Chris Haslam. This based upon Coach Haslam's European recruiting connections, and his relationship with the current players and recruits, like incoming big man, Jubrile Belo. Plus, I like Coach Haslam, and I think he is a good guy.

But, I would also understand if Coach Sprinkle wants to clean house.

Has anyone heard what Coach Fish's plans are?

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Status of Current Assistant Coaches

Post by mslacat » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:04 pm

duelalumnicat wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:47 pm
Does anyone have any insight as to whether Coach Sprinkle will retain any of the current assistant coaches?

For what it is worth, I hope Coach Sprinkle at least considers keeping Coach Chris Haslam. This based upon Coach Haslam's European recruiting connections, and his relationship with the current players and recruits, like incoming big man, Jubrile Belo. Plus, I like Coach Haslam, and I think he is a good guy.

I am hearing there is a good chance Haslam will be retained.

Willneal
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Willneal » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:39 am

duelalumnicat wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:47 pm

Let me first off say how excited I am to have DS back at MSU!!!
I agree Haslam should be considered to stay w his recruiting connections overseas.
Two names that come to mind are Justin Wetzel and Bobby Howard. Not sure if Wetzel is wanting to stay in the NBA, but I feel Bobby would come today if asked.

suckitgriz

Post by suckitgriz » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:45 am

Haslam, Dan Russell and possibly Eric Brown.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:48 am

Casper Head coach Dan Russell looks like another, and I hear we are looking at a former UNLV recruiting coordinator, but is still in the works

suckitgriz

Post by suckitgriz » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:51 am

mslacat wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:48 am
Casper Head coach Dan Russell looks like another, and I hear we are looking at a former UNLV recruiting coordinator, but is still in the works
We must have similar people we talk to. Eric Brown is that UNLV guy and, apparently, Russell is out of the bag...look for Bonton to come with them, and one of their big guys.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:22 am

suckitgriz wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:51 am
mslacat wrote:
We must have similar people we talk to. Eric Brown is that UNLV guy and, apparently, Russell is out of the bag...look for Bonton to come with them, and one of their big guys.
That is big time news if true. Casper CC was 32-3 last year led by Bonton (21, 5 and 5) and 6’9” Wilfried Likayi out of Portland.

If Likayi is the big man that is two impact starters coming in to replace Hall and Blevins!!! Likayi averaged 17 and 8 while shooting 50% and can stretch the floor as he hit 48 threes last year shooting 39%

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:38 am

suckitgriz wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:51 am
mslacat wrote:
This would be very good in my opinion

homeytennis
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by homeytennis » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:11 am

Casper and Sheridan CC both had good years making the national tournament. Perennial powerhouse the College of Southern Idaho did not.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:48 am

Bonton returning to MSU with Coach Sprinkle? Yes please!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:29 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

rockyMTNcat
New Recruit

Post by rockyMTNcat » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:09 pm

I know this is the post of current assistant coaches, but I have heard some rumors... don't know how credible, but the Hurley kid who played at UMW a few years ago, is back in the state apparently, and has been doing good in Juco ball. Would he possibly apply for assistant job? Know he was at Casper College who was unreal this year, but went down to New Mexico Juco I think.

Another one I heard about, but don't know who he is, but is there another UMW player coaching D1 down in Alabama, Arkansas or somewhere in those parts? I remember reading something back in the fall on message boards about a Montana guy in the south and their school had a top 100 recruiting class. Would he apply for job? Or even as a director of ops? Think it would be cool to have a few guys on staff with ties to Montana.