Selection Committee

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Selection Committee

Post by mslacat » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:04 am

MSU Just announced the selection committee for the new Basketball head coach. I find it very interesting and positive to see Harald Frey and Stu Starner's name on the committee.

https://msubobcats.com/news/2019/3/22/c ... earch.aspx

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Selection Committee

Post by imacat » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:20 am

I am very encouraged seeing Stu Starner on the list.

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:27 am

Stu is the only one who knows jack. They never even got a hold of Nico. But what would the VP of basketball operations for Nike know about coaches out there. What a f'in joke. Leon is a dip ******.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:45 am

I like to get angry over nothing at least once a day.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:00 pm

Some people just seem to need to find something to be pissed off about. I think this is a really good committee. Choosing a coach has a lot more to do with a whole host of things, not just X's and O's basketball things. Having Harold and Stu on there is great. Perhaps they considered that it may be something of a conflict since MSU is an Under Armour school and Nico works for Nike? I don't know. I wouldn't have minded seeing his name on the list, but I'm not going to call Leon juvenile names because he's not on there. These selection committees have helped find us some pretty good coaches in the past, I'm happy to see where this leads us.

GO CATS GO!!!

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:03 pm

Many folks probably don’t know them, but Terry Leist and Rainey Peuse are both really good people that are very smart also. And they are big athletics fans. I also like this Committee. Stoked that Harald is part of the process.

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:28 pm

I know Rainey. If you think she should be on this board over Nico, you're wrong. I know for a fact, that Leon didn't even call him. That's how the dude rolls. Nice guy. Sorry ass AD.

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:43 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:28 pm
I know Rainey. If you think she should be on this board over Nico, you're wrong. I know for a fact, that Leon didn't even call him. That's how the dude rolls. Nice guy. Sorry ass AD.
Didn’t say she should be on there over Nico. Just said she and Terry are both good people who will help the selection process. Sorry you have such a hard time with Leon....let’s see who we get as a coach and evaluate agin in a few years.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:24 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Tell us how you really feel.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:51 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:24 pm
PHAT CAT wrote:
Tell us how you really feel.
Yes, sounds like he may have a problem with the AD :) :)

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:01 pm

HelenaCat wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:43 pm
PHAT CAT wrote:
Didn’t say she should be on there over Nico. Just said she and Terry are both good people who will help the selection process. Sorry you have such a hard time with Leon....let’s see who we get as a coach and evaluate agin in a few years.
I don't know Nico personally, and like I said I would have been happy had his name been on that list just because I know his position in the basketball/Nike world and he was one of my favorite players on the last team I really care to remember at MSU. That said, I don't understand why that means he should have been contacted to be part of the selection committee. I think each person on the committee brings a unique perspective to choosing who to recommend for hire, and although I don't know several of the people personally, I know who they are and I'm happy with the committee. Remember, the committee only makes a recommendation for who to hire, the final decision is up to Leon and the results in a few years will definitely rest on his shoulders, not the committee's. You've been quite clear from Day 1 that you don't like anything about Leon, and I don't know the guy personally but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and see what he is able to do with this coaching hire, in addition to the other things he's in charge of. I don't understand the vitriol towards him, but whatever. I will wait and see what comes of this before getting all up in arms about it.

GO CATS GO!!!

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:31 pm

Peter didn't listen either. And here we go again. Leon not making a call.
Last edited by PHAT CAT on Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:47 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:31 pm
MSU has one of the best resources for basketball in America, Nico Harrison. Leon called a lot of people. Not him. You suck asses can love who ever you want. Just what do you think the VP of basketball for Nike does? He knows every coach and every player.
Why are we sponsored by Under Armour and not Nike?

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:03 pm

It's called a bid.

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:05 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:47 pm
PHAT CAT wrote:
MSU has one of the best resources for basketball in America, Nico Harrison. Leon called a lot of people. Not him. You suck asses can love who ever you want. Just what do you think the VP of basketball for Nike does? He knows every coach and every player.

And to take it a step further. I think a lot more publicity would be made having a Nike employee sitting on a hiring committee at a Under Armor sponsored school than we need. And look at the issues going in nationally with shoe brands having there hands in recruiting. This is not the year to have him on a search committee. In the future? Maybe. But definitely not at this point in time

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:06 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:47 pm
PHAT CAT wrote:
I think it's all about Universal Athletics......

2024 Resume dominance

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:19 pm

Nope. Alumni and past player. He never got a call to say "I can't be on the committee, but I'll help." Leon is a little chickin ass bitch. He's afraid of anyone who knows anything more then him. It's just the truth. Don't give two gobs of goat ****** who doesn't believes me.

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:28 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:19 pm
Nope. Alumni and past player. He never got a call to say "I can't be on the committee, but I'll help." Leon is a little chickin ass bitch. He's afraid of anyone who knows anything more then him. It's just the truth. Don't give two gobs of goat ****** who doesn't believes me.
Wow. Take it easy. Nobody said they don’t believe you, I’m quite certain you’re right that Leon didn’t contact Nico. He probably didn’t contact Hatler, Quadre, or a bunch of other former players either. I don’t exactly understand how that makes him a “bitch” or anything else. You’ve had a personal beef with him since he came to MSU, and like I said, I’ve never met the guy so I don’t like him or hate him. I’m still in the wait-and-see mode in how I feel about him, because he still hasn’t had anything like this come up under his tenure yet. Did his dog take a sh*t on your lawn or something?

GO CATS GO!!!

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:15 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:28 pm
PHAT CAT wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:19 pm
Wow. Take it easy. Nobody said they don’t believe you, I’m quite certain you’re right that Leon didn’t contact Nico. He probably didn’t contact Hatler, Quadre, or a bunch of other former players either. I don’t exactly understand how that makes him a “bitch” or anything else. You’ve had a personal beef with him since he came to MSU, and like I said, I’ve never met the guy so I don’t like him or hate him. I’m still in the wait-and-see mode in how I feel about him, because he still hasn’t had anything like this come up under his tenure yet. Did his dog take a sh*t on your lawn or something?
Are you on dope? Nico is VP of Nike basketball operations. Are you on Fuc-ing drugs? Do you have a f'in clue? Is it drugs son or are you a ​?

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:44 pm

Dude, calm down

FTG- GO CATS GO!