Speculation: If Sprinkle was offered the Griz job.....

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Speculation: If Sprinkle was offered the Griz job.....

Post by mslacat » Mon May 10, 2004 9:13 am

Would he take it?
Would you still love him?
Would he be a better pick than Tinkle or Kystowiak?
Would the Griz faithful accept him?
Last edited by mslacat on Mon May 10, 2004 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cat Pride
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat Pride » Mon May 10, 2004 9:35 am

I think they'd take him with open arms, although I suspect Tinkle will get that job.

I would also assume Sprinkle would take it in a heart beat - unless told he was being groomed to be Durhams replacement in the next 1-2 years. Hopefully he'd choose MSU over UM in that situation.

I wouldnt fault Danny for taking the HC job in Missoula, but I cant imagine him going for an assistant job there over MSU. If he were hired as HC at UM (which I dont see happening, due to experience and Tinkle being there) I think he'd go through some growing pains, but in the end turn out to be a wonderful coach. Same as if he were hired at MSU - except he'd have a year or two to ease into the job while serving as head assistant on Mick's staff.

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by velochat » Mon May 10, 2004 11:12 am

I can't see why Sprinkle would be ready for a D1 HC job. If that's what he wants, MSU might be the best bet. If he's really a good coach, he might be in line, as Assistant, when Durham retires in just a few years.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon May 10, 2004 2:29 pm

This is not meant as smack... Lord knows we have no room to smack about coaches and drugs, but didn't Krysko get busted for having pot mailed to his house on Flathead??? Nobody I've asked remembers it so I'm wondering if maybe I was the one who was smoking something??? 8)

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

GreatLakesCat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by GreatLakesCat » Mon May 10, 2004 6:58 pm

no way sprinks would take the friz job...no way...i know his hate for them...no chance...He'd stay in northridege until a different opportunity came up.

If God made me a griz fan...I'd shoot myself...