Lady Cat/Griz

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Lady Cat/Griz

Post by CelticCat » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:50 pm

Cats were up 16-10, and 14-3. Now losing 30-19 at half. After being up 14-3, gave up a 27-5 run to end the half. One bucket in the last 11 minutes or so. Uuuuuugly.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

CapitalCityCat
Member # Retired

Re: Lady Cat/Griz

Post by CapitalCityCat » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:07 pm

geez... last time I checked the livestats on the Bobcat website, they were up 9-2. Went to check it again and down 32-19. C'mon Lady Cats! Get it together!

Retiring my moniker. It's time to ride off into the sunset. It's been a fun ride. Go Cats.

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:47 pm

Cats making a come back down by 5!

Check that down by 9

GO CATS!!!

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:07 pm

A solid road win for the Lady Griz. 76-67 Final

We're all here 'cause we ain't all there.

bpcats
Member # Retired

Post by bpcats » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:18 pm

Biggest thing that was the difference in the game was that the Lady Cats got lazy when passing the ball. Turnovers were the difference again in a tight game.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:50 pm

bpcats wrote:Biggest thing that was the difference in the game was that the Lady Cats got lazy when passing the ball. Turnovers were the difference again in a tight game.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many TO's and cold shooting late 1st half, early 2nd half. griz D is tough.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Post by bozbobcat » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:16 pm

I'm still not sure what to say about this game, after watching it. The Lady Griz came out, played hard, and played better. The Cats came out fired up and looked like they were going to have a spectacular game. The first ten minutes were really something to watch. The Griz closed the half on a 26-6 run over the last 10 minutes, and the Cats looked like lost puppies out there. It's very clear that Coach Selvig knows what he's doing on a basketball court. The second half started the same, but the Cats came alive in the last few minutes, and nearly pulled the miracle comeback. I believe they were within 2 points with 2 minutes to go, and made some key 3 pointers. There were some excellent individual games by the Cats: Lyndi Seidensticker scored 21 with 5 3 pointers, Rachel Semansky had an 11 point, 8 rebound effort, and Sarah Strand had a 16 point, 10 rebound performance. Unfortunately for the Cats, the Lady Griz played better throughout the game, and not just in two 10 minute stretches. There were a couple of Grizzlies that had nice games, Lauren Beck and Sarah Ena. The Griz were also 31-37 from the free throw line.

Oh well, it's another women's Bobcat-Grizzly game :oops: . Here's looking forward to a fun game this evening!

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

profisme
Member # Retired

Post by profisme » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:28 pm

I watched the game and it was really incredible how different they played in the first ten minutes of the first half and the last ten minutes. The fouling strategy worked really well at the end and it got the Cats back into the game. I was confused why we fouled them intentionally with 1 minute left and we were down by just 2. That put Beck at the line and she drained her 2 free throws... like she did all game long. A defensive stop there and the Cats would have had a chance to tie or take the lead. Coach Binford has brought in some very talented players, I think the only thing missing right now is a big post player who won't allow offensive rebounds. Other than that, the future looks very very bright for the Cats.

-Elias P. Harmon-

Gidal Kaiser
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Gidal Kaiser » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:12 am

profisme wrote:I was confused why we fouled them intentionally with 1 minute left and we were down by just 2. That put Beck at the line and she drained her 2 free throws... like she did all game long.
Binford was trying to get Erica's attention on the inbounds to not foul, if I recall sights and sounds at the time correctly. Was right next to Bobcat bench as is my customary seat.

Info for preps, MSU men's basketball & MSU Olympic sports shows up here first: http://twitter.com/gidal_kaiser" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Blue & Gold Blog: http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/app/msu-bobcats/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:11 pm

GrizinWashington wrote:A solid road win for the Lady Griz. 76-67 Final
any comment on the men's game?

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.