Men's Blue Gold game tonight: Cancelled

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Men's Blue Gold game tonight: Cancelled

Post by mslacat » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:07 am

I just received an email from the athletic Department say that Tonight's men's Blue Gold Scrimmage has been cancelled do to a flue bug that has ripped though the team. With a few injuries it does not look like the Bobcats could field even tow full teams out of their 15 players.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Re: Men's Blue Gold game tonight: Cancelled

Post by GOKATS » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:57 pm

It's been rescheduled for 10:am Sat. Call it a football pregame.

From MSU-

BOZEMAN, Mont. -- The Montana State men's basketball team has moved its scrimmage from Tuesday night to Saturday, October 31.

Bobcat coach Brad Huse will unveil his 2009 Bobcats before the public on Saturday at 10 am in Worthington Arena. Four newcomers and a returning redshirt join the team's four returning starters and four other lettermen from the 2009 Bobcat team that was moments away from winning the Big sky Championship.

Point guard Marquis Navarre and wings Will Bynum and Erik Rush, along with forwards Bobby Howard and Branden Johnson, started for the Bobcats last year. Wing Austin Brown, forward Cameron Henderson and center Cody Anderson also return, along with guard Larry Swann, who redshirted.

Seven-foot center Michel Swita is expected to make his public debut Saturday, along with forwards Jeff Budinich and Steven Davis. Freshman guard Colt Idol will miss the season with an injury.

-msu-

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

Gus
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Gus » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:30 am

Just got back from the Morning scrimage. Cats had ten healthy guys. Howard had an ice pack on his ankle, Brown was dressed but did not play nor did the new big guy. The gaurds look deep, the post is a little thin with Anderson, who lookes much better than last year and BJ. Does anyone know who is going to redshirt besides Idol? Looking forward to Tuesday.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:59 am

As far as redshirts go here are my guesses baring injury

Colt Idol - 100% chance (injured knee already announced he will redshirt)
Steven Davis - 80%
Jeff Budinich - 60%
Anderson - 20%
Brown - 15%
Henderson - 15%
Naverre - 10%
Bynum - 5%
Howard -5%

Already took a redshirt year

Swann
Piepoli
Rush
Johnson
Swita
Louff (I beleive)

The thing is though Huse always surprises, in 2007-08 he redshirted Rush and Piepoli when they were contributors the previous year and in 2008-09 he redshirted JC recruit Swann over incoming true freshman Brown.

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:53 am

I would hope Budinich red shirts. From what I saw of the scrimmage he needs some time to adjust to the speed of the college game.

IYAACYAS

catBBfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catBBfan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:48 pm

CPACAT wrote:I would hope Budinich red shirts. From what I saw of the scrimmage he needs some time to adjust to the speed of the college game.

I would second that