shooting percentages

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

whitetrashgriz
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

shooting percentages

Post by whitetrashgriz » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:52 am

how many games would we have won this year if we could consistently shoot the ball as well as we did last night? 55% shooting. 44% from three. and 73% from the line. great effort. great run. =D^ =D^

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

Old Skool Cat

Re: shooting percentages

Post by Old Skool Cat » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:11 am

I was very impressed with the performances of everyone, but in particular Rush, Navarre, and Brandon. These guys finally stepped it up and played to their potential. I think for the most part of the season, those three played very tentatively, and it showed in their shot selection and shooting percentages. But during the tourney, you could really tell they loosened up and played more relaxed. Their shots looked better, and more importantly, went in! Can't wait for next season!

bpcats
Member # Retired

Post by bpcats » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:18 am

If I had to guess, I think that we would have finished 3rd or 4th during the regular season with the way it played out. It took most of the season for the Coaches to figure out how to use the players that they had and the players to get comfortable running the offense. This is especially true considering that Rush, Peipoli, and Howard are still developing their game.

Also there are teams like Idaho State that are tall and athletic across the board that would give us fits no matter what.

Old Skool Cat

Post by Old Skool Cat » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:28 am

bpcats wrote:If I had to guess, I think that we would have finished 3rd or 4th during the regular season with the way it played out. It took most of the season for the Coaches to figure out how to use the players that they had and the players to get comfortable running the offense. This is especially true considering that Rush, Peipoli, and Howard are still developing their game.

Also there are teams like Idaho State that are tall and athletic across the board that would give us fits no matter what.
Very true about ISU. They were the one team in the tourney that scared me the most and I was hoping we would not have to face them. The Cats just don't match up well with them at all.