History repeats itself? 1986 Cats

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Domako
BobcatNation Letterman

History repeats itself? 1986 Cats

Post by Domako » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:09 pm

The 2009 cats are looking just like the 1986 cats. The 1986 cats had 2 seniors and 1 junior with the rest being soph. or below.
The 2009 cats are almost the same. The 1986 cats finished 5th, beat #4 seeded Nevada in the qtrs, beat #1 seeded NAU in
the semi, and beat #2 seeded griz in the final. Got to play #1 ranked St. John's in the NCAA tourney.

I feel very good about tonight's game.

GO CATS!

Tom Domako

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Re: History repeats itself? 1986 Cats

Post by bozbobcat » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:05 pm

I have to agree with you, Mr. Domako. I'm feeling good about this one.

The thing that excites me the most about this tournament run is that it always seems to give teams great success heading into the next year. If I remember correctly (I was 2, but I have the media guides from the 1980s and early 1990s), the Cats turned this trip into a first-place finish the next season, and after being shocked in the Big Sky tournament, a near-miss against Washington in the NIT at home. This happens with other "bad" teams who get to the NCAA tournament-they're usually mighty good the next season. I like where this is heading...

And on another note, the Bobcats could be the worst team in the NCAA tournament. However, the worst team part is less important than the in the NCAA tournament part!

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

TIrwin24
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: History repeats itself? 1986 Cats

Post by TIrwin24 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:40 pm

Records from the regular season mean nothing right now. It is all about who has come to play some hard-nosed basketball in March.

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow