Do You Believe in Miracles?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Old Skool Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Do You Believe in Miracles?

Post by Old Skool Cat » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:31 am

Okay, so it may not be that dramatic, but could our big win in Mizzou lead to bigger things? I haven't given up on this team, and I even foresaw it even before the second Weber State game:
Old Skool Cat on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:59 am
A win Saturday night puts us the semis and sends our rivals home to cry in their beer. After that, we get to face Weber for the third time and complete the season sweep. A win there puts us in the BSC Tourney title game against PSU (I've got them beating ISU). We send the league's pre-season favorites back to Portland and we pack our bags for the Big Dance. Look out -- here comes Cinderalla!
We can do this thing. We are the only conference team to beat WSU this year, and we did it in Ogden. Time for the boys in Blue & Gold to finish the miracle!! GO CATS!!

TIrwin24

Re: Do You Believe in Miracles?

Post by TIrwin24 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:22 am

Old Skool Cat wrote:Okay, so it may not be that dramatic, but could our big win in Mizzou lead to bigger things? I haven't given up on this team, and I even foresaw it even before the second Weber State game:
A win Saturday night puts us the semis and sends our rivals home to cry in their beer. After that, we get to face Weber for the third time and complete the season sweep. A win there puts us in the BSC Tourney title game against PSU (I've got them beating ISU). We send the league's pre-season favorites back to Portland and we pack our bags for the Big Dance. Look out -- here comes Cinderalla!
We can do this thing. We are the only conference team to beat WSU this year, and we did it in Ogden. Time for the boys in Blue & Gold to finish the miracle!! GO CATS!!
Jeez, wouldn't that be sweet?!?
Lets Go CATS!!!

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:31 pm

The Cats just need to follow the Winnett-Grass Range model ... have a pretty crappy regular season, but light on fire for tournaments and ride the wave to the big dance!

Apologies for the mixed metaphor ... I got carried away.

Gallatin Griz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Gallatin Griz » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:46 pm

BAC wrote, "The Cats just need to follow the Winnett-Grass Range model ... have a pretty crappy regular season, but light on fire for tournaments and ride the wave to the big dance!"

I like it bac, Go cats, keep ridin the crappy fire wave! Beat weber!

Thank you to all who have served and are serving this country in the military, law enforcement and or as emergency responders! God bless you and your loved ones! John 15:13

Old Skool Cat

Post by Old Skool Cat » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:58 pm

Are you feeling me now Bobcat Nation?! How 'bout those Cats? Anything is possible! Might as well finish off PSU tomorrow night! National TV baby - ESPN! GO CATS!!!

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by stevo » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:01 pm

wow.....just wow..

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:07 pm

:shock:

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:14 pm

Old Skool Cat wrote:Are you feeling me now Bobcat Nation?! How 'bout those Cats? Anything is possible! Might as well finish off PSU tomorrow night! National TV baby - ESPN! GO CATS!!!
Old Skool Cat wrote:Okay, so it may not be that dramatic, but could our big win in Mizzou lead to bigger things? I haven't given up on this team, and I even foresaw it even before the second Weber State game:
Good call OSC. You, and only you, nailed it.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Post by bozbobcat » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:26 pm

Nice work, Old Skool Cat! I have to admit, I was skeptical, but a fan always imagines what it would be like if the Bobcats could pull it off. I believe it now. Well, that's two down, and one to go! I have to quote the late, great Tug McGraw: "YA GOTTA BELIEVE!" It rallied the New York Mets to the 1973 NL pennant and the Phillies to the 1980 World Series championship, so it'll work for the Bobcats.

YA GOTTA BELIEVE!!!! GO CATS!!!!

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

CapitalCityCat
Member # Retired

Post by CapitalCityCat » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:34 pm

Old Skool Cat wrote:Are you feeling me now Bobcat Nation?! How 'bout those Cats? Anything is possible! Might as well finish off PSU tomorrow night! National TV baby - ESPN! GO CATS!!!
:thumbup:

Retiring my moniker. It's time to ride off into the sunset. It's been a fun ride. Go Cats.