YES!!!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TIrwin24
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

YES!!!

Post by TIrwin24 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:59 pm

Good job tonight boys! Way to stick it to those griz!!!
Montana St. 56, Montana 54

Associated Press

MISSOULA, Mont. -- Will Bynum scored 15 points, including a decisive three-point play with seven seconds left, to lift Montana State to a 56-54 win over Montana in the first round of the Big Sky Conference Tournament on Saturday night.

Divaldo Mbunga added nine points and 11 rebounds for the sixth-seeded Bobcats (13-16, 6-10 Big Sky), who avenged two losses to the Grizzlies earlier this season and won their first league tournament game since 1999.

Montana State trailed 30-29 at halftime, but used a 12-0 run in the middle of the second half to take a 50-42 lead. Trailing 53-52 with 22 seconds left, the Grizzlies (17-12, 11-5) held on for the last shot. But Bynum stole an Anthony Johnson pass and converted a three-point play with seven seconds remaining to seal the win.

Johnson led the Grizzlies with 19 points, followed by Jordan Hasquet with 12.

The Bobcats shot 38 percent from the field and outrebounded the Grizzlies 40-29, including 18 offensive rebounds.

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: YES!!!

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:15 pm

Utterly shocking and unbelievable.

I just saw the highlights on 10@10. Bynum's layup right at the end in front of the student section really shut them up.

I'm glad this site is up again. I went over egriz for a few minutes because this site was down. Now I feel filthy-I need to go take a shower or something.

TIrwin24

Post by TIrwin24 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:18 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:Utterly shocking and unbelievable.

I just saw the highlights on 10@10. Bynum's layup right at the end in front of the student section really shut them up.

I'm glad this site is up again. I went over egriz for a few minutes because this site was down. Now I feel filthy-I need to go take a shower or something.
Yeah, with turpentine.

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:23 pm

Huge win for the Cats! Now down to Ogden to hopefully take care of Weber on the road again!

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Post by bozbobcat » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:42 pm

Man, this one is sweet!!!! It goes to show that even in the darkest hour, we need to believe! I was listening to this one at the women's game (Lady Cats won 85-67 to lock up the #3 seed in the tournament) and the crowd went crazy when they announced the score. Of course, the people around me were cheering since I was yelling CATS WIN from my seat! I remember how upset I was when I left the Fieldhouse in 2002, after watching the Cats' NCAA tournament hopes die. It's a horrible feeling for those Grizzly fans, but it is especially sweet for long-suffering Bobcat fans! (By the way, I'd be remiss if I didn't say nice season to the Grizzlies, and we know how it feels.) This season has been very difficult for all of us: players, coaches, and fans. No matter what happens from here, the season's end will have a positive note of the Cats first Big Sky Tournament win in 10 years. Like the Griz proved in 2002, it's very hard to beat a team three times in one season. We proved it again, and got a little revenge. They always say that revenge is a dish best served cold.

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:52 am

Thank you Bobcats for a very Happy Birthday!!!! I knew you could do it!!!

WOO HOO!!!!! Even sweeter when you can beat the griz and finish their season!!! Yeah!!!!

MaZooLaGriz
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by MaZooLaGriz » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:19 pm

kcatz wrote:Even sweeter when you can beat the griz and finish their season!
Yeah, we know the feeling. Your turn. Hope you guys kick butt all the way through.

Everything is always on its way somewhere.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:28 pm

I was thrilled, yet shocked to see the result of this game. It's hard to fathom how a team can play poorly enough to lose by 27 points at UNC, and then turn around and win on the road in Missoula less than a week later. I hope it continues - if the 'Cats can hang in with Weber and give themselves a chance to win at the end, you never know what can happen! If nothing else, this should teach us to never give up on a season until the final whistle of the last game. Go 'Cats, both men and women!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:54 pm

MSU01 wrote:I was thrilled, yet shocked to see the result of this game. It's hard to fathom how a team can play poorly enough to lose by 27 points at UNC, and then turn around and win on the road in Missoula less than a week later. I hope it continues - if the 'Cats can hang in with Weber and give themselves a chance to win at the end, you never know what can happen! If nothing else, this should teach us to never give up on a season until the final whistle of the last game. Go 'Cats, both men and women!
Yeah, and root hard for Portland State. :shock:

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Gallatin Griz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Gallatin Griz » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:23 am

Congrats to all you cats! I was at the game and was impressed with how the cats outplayed the Griz for the entire game. Goes to show how important effort is. I'll be rooting for the cats to continue to beat the odds and destroy wsu's tourney hopes.

Thank you to all who have served and are serving this country in the military, law enforcement and or as emergency responders! God bless you and your loved ones! John 15:13

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:44 am

Gallatin Griz wrote:Congrats to all you cats! I was at the game and was impressed with how the cats outplayed the Griz for the entire game. Goes to show how important effort is. I'll be rooting for the cats to continue to beat the odds and destroy wsu's tourney hopes.
Thanks!! Nice gesture.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:56 am

Congrats Cats! The players definitely earned this one!

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:19 pm

Nobody cares.................it's thugball/basketball.

Football is all that matters.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

Gus
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Gus » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:35 pm

Remember boys and girls......

You alpha, you must start drinking... in the morning... every day.... all day

bpcats
Member # Retired

Post by bpcats » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:31 pm

I think the fact that the Cats kept playing hard throughout the season helped out this game. I don't think that anybody ever questioned whether Coach Huse could draw up plays to get open shots, or the effort that the team gave each outing. We may have questioned whether they could hit the open shot.

The Cats gave a great effort and forced the Griz into playing our style of basketball. The Griz have a lot of talent but didn't capitalize on it when it counted.

I'm very proud that this team didn't hang their heads.

TIrwin24

Post by TIrwin24 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:53 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:Nobody cares.................it's thugball/basketball.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
All talk 'till your team loses.

-Singlefin Yellow

catamaran

Post by catamaran » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:58 pm

TIrwin24 wrote:
AlphaGriz1 wrote:Nobody cares.................it's thugball/basketball.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
All talk 'till your team loses.
Re: Sweep

Postby AlphaGriz1 on Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:24 am
I love how there isn't even an argument anymore, cat fans just accept this dominance and then try to skirt the issue by deflecting the beat down and talking about being successful in life rather than their team getting it handed to them again.

Volumes, it speaks Young Skywalker
kind of like winning the lottery and dying the next day, isn't it

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons