MBB: Last Home Game/Senior Night/Roll Call

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Old Skool Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

MBB: Last Home Game/Senior Night/Roll Call

Post by Old Skool Cat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:59 am

Okay fellas - last home game of the season for the Cats. I know it's been a disappointing finish to the season, but we have an opportunity to finish this thing in style. In the next week or so, the Cats have an opportunity to do some amazing, eye-opening things. A win tonight and we complete the regular season sweep over the BSC champs. A win Saturday night puts us the semis and sends our rivals home to cry in their beer. After that, we get to face Weber for the third time and complete the season sweep. A win there puts us in the BSC Tourney title game against PSU (I've got them beating ISU). We send the league's pre-season favorites back to Portland and we pack our bags for the Big Dance. Look out -- here comes Cinderalla!

Okay, am I dreaming? Maybe! But was it so wrong for Orville & Wilbur to dream? Was it wrong for MLK to dream? Was it wrong for Jerry McGuire to dream? :wink: It's senior night and we've only got one guy on the team to bid farewell to - Divaldo Mbunga. The big guy deserves your respect and to go out in style. I say if you can, please try to make it to the fieldhouse tonight. I'm coming over tonight for the game, and I am fully expecting these guys to play their guts out tonight. So I wanna know - Who's coming with me?

alasax
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: MBB: Last Home Game/Senior Night/Roll Call

Post by alasax » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:09 am

I'm still with them! This team can still be VERY dangerous for their opponents. A scrappy defense that is just waiting for a team or two to upset in the tourney(ies).
Go get 'em Divaldo!!!

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Post by bozbobcat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:13 am

I haven't missed any home games to this point, and I always like to go to the last one. You have to love Old Skool Cat's optimism. Plus, there won't be another home game for eight months. Divaldo Mbunga is a great guy (based on what I've heard about him) and he deserves a proper send-off. And it wouldn't hurt for the Cats to win and get some sort of positive momentum heading to Missoula.

Long story short...I'll be there.

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

CapitalCityCat
Member # Retired

Post by CapitalCityCat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:25 am

Damn... I should consider going. I just dread that drive back to Helena late at night. (Gonna call the wifey and see what she thinks).

Retiring my moniker. It's time to ride off into the sunset. It's been a fun ride. Go Cats.

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:33 am

well we beat weber at their place...it can be done :D

This space for rent....

duelalumnicat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by duelalumnicat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:02 pm

I will be there, as always. Thank you Dvaldo Mbunga for all of your hard work. Go Cats!

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:20 pm

Stuck in billings tonight...hope they have it at the bar. (i know it is not on T.V...but that is where I will be)

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:28 pm

CapitalCityCat wrote:Damn... I should consider going. I just dread that drive back to Helena late at night. (Gonna call the wifey and see what she thinks).
Geez...I've been doing that for 35 years! every trip seems to get easier. The wifey sleeps! I go through Cardwell Jct and Boulder...almost no traffic

2024 Resume dominance

CapitalCityCat
Member # Retired

Post by CapitalCityCat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:36 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
CapitalCityCat wrote:Damn... I should consider going. I just dread that drive back to Helena late at night. (Gonna call the wifey and see what she thinks).
Geez...I've been doing that for 35 years! every trip seems to get easier. The wifey sleeps! I go through Cardwell Jct and Boulder...almost no traffic
I meant to leave at home :wink: She's not a basketball fan and someone needs to stay home with the little tykes.....

Retiring my moniker. It's time to ride off into the sunset. It's been a fun ride. Go Cats.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:10 pm

I wish I could go, but I can't justify the 5 hour round trip, especially as tired as I am today.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

twentythreeOh4
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by twentythreeOh4 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:49 pm

41-26 WSU with 2:30 left in the first half.

43-32 at the half.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:09 pm

BSTV is doing that freeze/loop thing it likes to do. :(

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:10 pm

twentythreeOh4 wrote:41-26 WSU with 2:30 left in the first half.

43-32 at the half.
You know that things have been going pretty badly, because I actually found myself thinking "that's not so bad", upon hearing that we were down "only" 11 at the half, in a game being played at home.

twentythreeOh4
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by twentythreeOh4 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:48 pm

Final: 84-64 WSU.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:14 pm

twentythreeOh4 wrote:Final: 84-64 WSU.
How does a 20-point loss at home to WSU compare to a 27-point loss to UNC on the road? For those of you who saw the game, or even listened to it on the radio, did you see any signs of improvement since Sunday? Is there any reason to think that we may come within 20 of UM on Saturday night?

Gus
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Gus » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:28 pm

They played hard tonight. Weber shot lights out all night. We have no floor leader and a ton of injuries. Johnson crashed into the bleachers and only played 2 minutes in the second half. Anderson was limping, Hennessy did not dress and Bynam limped off the court towards he end... Howard is playing in a huge knee brace. I do not have a lot of optimism for Saturday, but you never know... Lets beat those bastards!!!

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:38 pm

Gus wrote:They played hard tonight. Weber shot lights out all night. We have no floor leader and a ton of injuries. Johnson crashed into the bleachers and only played 2 minutes in the second half. Anderson was limping, Hennessy did not dress and Bynam limped off the court towards he end... Howard is playing in a huge knee brace. I do not have a lot of optimism for Saturday, but you never know... Lets beat those bastards!!!
I agree, and I like your attitude. :thumbup:

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:42 pm

Lets beat those bastards!
Hey, it's only basketball. There's no need to denigrate our mothers! :wink:

We're all here 'cause we ain't all there.

WSUWILDCAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by WSUWILDCAT » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:36 am

Good luck vs the Griz Bobcats.

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GO WILDCATS

Old Cat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Old Cat » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:31 am

There were some highlights in last night's game...they didn't give up or roll over and play dead, even with a huge Weber lead early. They also started playing like a team which I think has been their downfall this year. They had moments of brilliance on defence...moments. The response to Mbunga was terrific...his "family" was his host family from Portland (was that the cc he came from?) so he certainly was surrounded by folks who care about him - and he is scheduled to graduate at the end of summer. I still think that Huse should go...he doesn't know how to foster teamwork or help floor leaders develop.

All-in-all I was somewhat heartened by last night's performance...if they can begin to function as a team we might see something very special next year.