WBB: MSU v. NCU thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

WBB: MSU v. NCU thread

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:00 pm

Halftime:
MSU 37
NCU 28

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: WBB: MSU v. NCU thread

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:09 pm

Oops, forgot Will has a game blog going

48-37 with under 15 to go..

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:14 pm

WTF?

I thought this game was tomorrow at 2 PM on Altitude...

BSTV Still lists it as tomorrow...

Nevermind - I thought that said MBB - my bad...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:50 pm

Ladies win and clinch a BSC tourney spot. That's four straight wins all by nine or more points.

toM StUber

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Post by bozbobcat » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:51 pm

It was a good game for the Lady Cats. Erica Perry and Nubia Garcia didn't have their best games, but some other girls picked up the slack. Katie Bussey scored 19, Jamie Thornton had a great game inside, Lyndi Seidensticker scored 14, and Jenny Heringer broke double digits with 10. It was a very hard-fought and hard-hitting game, but the girls made their free throws and got a good solid win. If they can do some damage next week, they'll be in third place, which is pretty amazing considering that they were 3-6 after the Cat-Griz game. Now they're back even at 7-7. Nice work, ladies!

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:14 pm

Good win for the Ladies!! :thumbup:

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

bpcats
Member # Retired

Post by bpcats » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:52 am

Actually the announcer mentioned that there is one scenario where the Cats could finish tied with several other teams and all of them end up 7-9. He hadn't worked through all the tie breakers in that case to confirm a playoff spot. I imagine that we should have the inside track.

It is nice to see players like Heringer and Sydensticker get into the scoring act. Great balance on the team.

They played one their best games against Portland State and will need a repeat performance to pull out the win.

If Katie does not win freshman of the year accolades then something is seriously wrong with the voting.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:47 am

bpcats wrote:Actually the announcer mentioned that there is one scenario where the Cats could finish tied with several other teams and all of them end up 7-9. He hadn't worked through all the tie breakers in that case to confirm a playoff spot. I imagine that we should have the inside track.
I'm pretty sure it would have to be a five-way tie at 7-9, but that can't happend since Sac State and No. Colorado play each other. Both have nine losses right now and one would have to have 10 losses after that game. That would leave a four-way tie for third at 7-9, but all four teams would get in.

I don't see us losing both games next week. The D has really stepped it up and if they keep that up we could find ourselves playing for the championship again. During the four-game win streak we've held teams to just 65 ppg, the five games before that we were allowing 82.8. Prior to the win streak we were giving up around 78 on the season. Offensively we've stayed about the same and the small increase in scoring can be attributed to getting those late free throws.

I thought the most impressive thing about last night was when No. Colo. cut the lead from 15 or so down to 6, we didn't buckle. That's a good character builder, especially this late in the season.

toM StUber

GoBears
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by GoBears » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:00 am

TomCat88 wrote:Halftime:
MSU 37
NCU 28

It's not NCU, it's UNC. Get it right!

TboneCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by TboneCat » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:31 am

I have to say it was one of the most complete games I've watched this team play.

They got behind early, but didn't let it get to them. What they missed from the charity stripe you can count on one hand. They also had some bad no calls from the refs (the crew actually did one of the better jobs this year) that they did not let get to them.

Way to go Cats keep this momentum going into the tourny!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:37 pm

Hopefully we have a big turnout this weekend for the women's games. Thursday vs. PSU should be a great game. PSU doesn't have to win the game, but needs to stay focused for its showdown with UM on Saturday. If we don't beat the Viks, then a win could be needed on Saturday against EWU to hold onto the No. 3 seed.

Our men's and women's teams are 3-3 vs. the top two teams (W - UM and PSU (1-2); M - PSU and WSU (2-1)) in the league. Our losses in those games are by 20, 7 and 6; wins by 5,4, and 3. But we're only a combined 10-12 in all other games.

The men's game tomorrow is going to have a weird feel to it, with it not affecting the standings or seedings in any way.

toM StUber

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:42 am

The women are really fun to watch! I've started going to all of the games. They could use the fans...and there are really good seats available. I talked to Jenny Herringer after the game Saturday and she told me that the Missoula fans give the Griz a big advantage because they are really rowdy... especially the band! She said it would be great if we had fans that would distract the other teams that way!

Go see Katie Bussey throw in 20 for a freshman!
Go see Sara Strand score from all over the court and bomb away from long distance with rainmakers!
Go see Nubia Garcia make post moves like Divaldo Mbunga wishes he could!
Go watch Erica Perry dribble in and around the defense and score baskets from every angle over under and around the post defenders
Watch Jenny Herringer come in off the bench and put the clamps down on the opposing high scorer, pull away rebounds in the middle of larger people, thread the needle on passes, and pretty much right the ship when it starts going awry!
See the future in Lyndie Sidensticker and Rachel Pauli

2024 Resume dominance