MBB game at PSU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Re: MBB game at PSU

Post by GOKATS » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:36 pm

BS tV isn't bad, but the PSU announcer is more homer than griz announcers.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:37 pm

GOKATS wrote:BS tV isn't bad, but the PSU announcer is more homer than griz announcers.
Aw he's not so bad....PSU is 11/28 from 3....63-48 three minutes left. Outrebounded 36-22

2024 Resume dominance

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:42 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
GOKATS wrote:BS tV isn't bad, but the PSU announcer is more homer than griz announcers.
Aw he's not so bad....PSU is 11/28 from 3....63-48 three minutes left. Outrebounded 36-22
Stat of the game. The Bobcats were out position on so many long rebounds it was just silly...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:48 pm

when it's too late they cut the lead to 6! I guess they finally relaxed!

2024 Resume dominance

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Post by bozbobcat » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:52 pm

Well, the Cats made it interesting at the end...but still, it wasn't quite enough to get the win. It sounds like the effort is there, but each night something falls short. The game at Northern Colorado on Sunday afternoon is huge.

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:58 pm

bozbobcat wrote:Well, the Cats made it interesting at the end...but still, it wasn't quite enough to get the win. It sounds like the effort is there, but each night something falls short. The game at Northern Colorado on Sunday afternoon is huge.

I bet we back-in to 6th with a 6-10 record! PSU beats EWU, and NAU gets beat by Weber or ISU or both. We get to come back to Portland next week! All in all I'd rather play Portland than ISU! Actually I hope we don't beat NCU because we can't get a playoff game at home unjless a lot of weird things happen! Like ISU getting beat twice ( NAU and SAC in Pocatello)and us winning out.
Last edited by Helcat72 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2024 Resume dominance

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:03 pm

I just dunno.................................. :shrug:

FTG!!

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:12 pm

GOKATS wrote:I just dunno.................................. :shrug:
This team who won all of those games on the road early and beat Weber is the kind who could settle down in the tournament and make things difficult for the better teams. Remember the CATS the year Kral Ferch was a junior I believe. They came in ranked like 6th in the league and took the tourney at Reno...beating Reno and UM with Larry Krystkowiak in the final!

2024 Resume dominance

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:21 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
GOKATS wrote:I just dunno.................................. :shrug:
This team who won all of those games on the road early and beat Weber is the kind who could settle down in the tournament and make things difficult for the better teams. Remember the CATS the year Kral Ferch was a junior I believe. They came in ranked like 6th in the league and took the tourney at Reno...beating Reno and UM with Larry Krystkowiak in the final!
I totally agree, but first they have to make the tournament- then I can see anything being possible. (And trust me, I never missed a game that either of the Ferch boys played in the 'Brick' and saw both of them in numerous road games). :yes:

FTG!!

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:49 pm

Stat of the game? We got out-rebounded 33-31 according to the boxscore. We lost by 6. Stat of the game is shooting 34%.

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:03 am

this is starting to get old. When are we going to get a post presence? We have not had one since Holmstadt...

This space for rent....

Old Skool Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Old Skool Cat » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:08 am

Okay - so much for getting third place as the best-case-scenario. With PSU's win over us last night, they locked up third place with still an outside shot at second. If the griz win tonight in Greeley, they clinch the second seed and PSU will be third.

On the bright side, there is still an outside shot that the Cats can finish fourth. If we win our last two, ISU loses their last two, and UNC loses one of their last two then we take fourth.

However, the most realistic scenario is that we just get in the tourney. The easiest way this happens is if Weber beats NAU Thursday night and EWU loses to PSU on Saturday night. Both NAU & EWU would then finish 6-10, and at worst if we lose our last two, MSU would be 6-10. We have a split with both teams, but would get a tourney berth based on our one win over Weber. Crappy thing is that in this scenario, we have to rely on other teams' help to get in and that always leaves alot of worry and doubt. Also, in this scenario, I have us losing both of our last games and backing into the tournament. Do we really want a Bobcat team backing into the tournament that ended the season with 5 straight losses? Not a wonder we haven't won a BSC tourney game in 10 years (our last victory was in 1999 over Cal State Northridge). Granted, being in the tourney is always better than not being in, and a team can always get hot. But if you've lost 5 straight coming in, chances are better than good that you're not all of sudden gonna go on a three game tear through the tourney.

Best thing for the Cats is to take care of business themselves. As someone noted on a different thread, the Cats play the final two games in the conference -- Sunday afternoon in Greeley and Tuesday night in Bozeman. So they will know exactly where they stand by then. If we're going to the tourney, I'd like to have a win or two going in to boost the guys' confidence.

Old Skool Cat

Post by Old Skool Cat » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:17 am

Hell's Bells wrote:this is starting to get old. When are we going to get a post presence? We have not had one since Holmstadt...
Our two big men, Mbunga and Anderson, combined for a whopping 4 points and 8 rebounds last night. I didn't watch the game last night, but can someone explain to me where Mbunga has gone? The box score says he only attempted one shot last night (missed it of course)!! He only scored one point! He had a great game a couple weeks ago against SacState, but since then has not contributed much. Is he hurt?

Ponycat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Ponycat » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:48 am

Old Skool Cat wrote:
Hell's Bells wrote:this is starting to get old. When are we going to get a post presence? We have not had one since Holmstadt...
Our two big men, Mbunga and Anderson, combined for a whopping 4 points and 8 rebounds last night. I didn't watch the game last night, but can someone explain to me where Mbunga has gone? The box score says he only attempted one shot last night (missed it of course)!! He only scored one point! He had a great game a couple weeks ago against SacState, but since then has not contributed much. Is he hurt?
Same thing all year long, you can't score if they don't give it to you in the post

The devil made me do it the first time... the second time I done it on my own.

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:52 am

Ponycat wrote:
Old Skool Cat wrote:
Same thing all year long, you can't score if they don't give it to you in the post
and you're not going to get it in the post if you prove time and again that you are "soft" down there. sorry, i like mbunga a lot. he seems to be a good guy and a good person. but he is not a dominant big man. until we find one of those again, (holmstadt), we'll see this every year.

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:12 am

whitetrashgriz wrote:
Ponycat wrote:
Old Skool Cat wrote:
and you're not going to get it in the post if you prove time and again that you are "soft" down there. sorry, i like mbunga a lot. he seems to be a good guy and a good person. but he is not a dominant big man. until we find one of those again, (holmstadt), we'll see this every year.
Also difficult to feed the post when you don't have any consistent outside shooters to extend the defense.

4everacatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by 4everacatfan » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:43 am

Dvialdo took one shot grant it they doubled him but there were a lot of times our guards Navarre and Bynum just looked at him and shot the three that had no chance of going in. I watched it on the computer last nite and Howard had a 6'3" guard posted up and Navarre fires up a 30 footer what is he thinking? I was pleased to see that Huse sat him the second half when he missed both Rush and Dvialdo posting up. Do we need a post game yes but to have one you have to have a point guard who is willing to be unselfish and get the ball to the big we have. I firmly believe until Hennesy comes back Rush is our best point guard he can slash but he also can find the open guy as well.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:01 pm

Old Skool Cat wrote:
Mbunga can't jump! When he does get the ball he and Johnson get it stuffed down their throat by more athletic big men. Mbunga was scoring pretty good until other teams found out that they could double him or collapse on him out of a zone and let the others shoot all night and they would only hit 30%!

2024 Resume dominance

CAT 1988
New Recruit

Post by CAT 1988 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:59 pm

What was the deal with "blow up" with Hennessy?

Ponycat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Ponycat » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:02 pm

CAT 1988 wrote:What was the deal with "blow up" with Hennessy?
A player got yelled at... during a game... by a coach, which I guess is not considered a "blow up."

The devil made me do it the first time... the second time I done it on my own.