MSU Women's Basketball signs Semansky

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

John K
Golden Bobcat

MSU Women's Basketball signs Semansky

Post by John K » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:47 pm

The MSU women have done very well in recruiting in-state talent this year. Rachel Semansky from Highwood is their third signee from Montana, joining Chelsea Banis from Fairfield, and Ashley Albert of Hamilton. Congrats to TBB for doing such a good job of recruiting, in addition to getting her team on a late season roll, just like they did last year. Maybe Huse and the MBB team should pay attention???

bpcats
Member # Retired

Re: MSU Women's Basketball signs Semansky

Post by bpcats » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:55 pm

I believe this move was to replace Alyssa McGuinnis that left the program last semester.

I really like the where the women's team has been headed since Coach Binford has taken over

grizatwork
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizatwork » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:10 pm

Semansky is a stud. I think she could have played volleyball at the next level. She is over 6', but runs the floor better than most guards. Easily the most athletic girl in the class. I think Highwood could beat Fairfield this year. Highwood has always been Bobcat country and it looks like it still is.

BwanaCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BwanaCat » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:13 pm

Welcome to MSU, Rachel :D Some of you old bucks might remember when we played the spring football game in Highwood. Every beer truck there had to go back to Great Falls to reload. Fun times in Highwood that year =D^

griz8791
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by griz8791 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:02 pm

Saw her in action at the district tournament here on Saturday night. I think that is her on D in this photo.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:08 pm

Highwood would not beat Fairfield. Semansky may be able to neutralize Banis a little, but it would go both ways. Fairfield's press with Kinna on top would bother Highwood a great deal. Also Fairfield would have too much depth playing 8 on a rotating basis every game and not dropping off as that happens. I think Highwood needs big games from Semansky and Granger each night to win. Fairfield has had about 7 different girls hit double figures. Malta and Fairfield would not lose to Highwood.

Semansky is a good get for Bobcats as she works very hard and seems to be pretty humble.

Sports is not bigger than life

dcbeck
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by dcbeck » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:05 pm

tetoncat wrote:Highwood would not beat Fairfield. Semansky may be able to neutralize Banis a little, but it would go both ways. Fairfield's press with Kinna on top would bother Highwood a great deal. Also Fairfield would have too much depth playing 8 on a rotating basis every game and not dropping off as that happens. I think Highwood needs big games from Semansky and Granger each night to win. Fairfield has had about 7 different girls hit double figures. Malta and Fairfield would not lose to Highwood.

Semansky is a good get for Bobcats as she works very hard and seems to be pretty humble.
Kinna pretty much harasses everybody on that press. She is really an athlete isn't she tetoncat?

cat-o-nine
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by cat-o-nine » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:19 pm

Reviving an older thread here, but I hope everyone noticed how our three in-State WBB recruits did in the State Tournaments.

Semansky - Highwood - Won State Class C
Banis - Fairfield - Won State Class B
Albert - Hamilton - Second in Class A

Good things to come, I'm thinking...

Am I missing anyone?

rollo_tumasi
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by rollo_tumasi » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:47 am

Semansky-State C MVP
Banis- State B MVP
Albert- Would have been State MVP if Hamilton had taken down Anaconda-She was awesome in the tourney.
Pretty good class of girls!!

I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.'

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:14 pm

cat-o-nine wrote:Reviving an older thread here, but I hope everyone noticed how our three in-State WBB recruits did in the State Tournaments.

Semansky - Highwood - Won State Class C
Banis - Fairfield - Won State Class B
Albert - Hamilton - Second in Class A

Good things to come, I'm thinking...

Am I missing anyone?
Last shameless plug for my Blog.

I have an article up today that is the first of two on Binford's recruits, let me add to your list:

Ally Schmitt of Snohomish high school in Washington also played in a championship game this last Friday, her team took second in the Washington 5A, Snohmish was rate in the USA Today 25 for a time this winter.

Latisha Adams also played in the New Mexico championship tourney but never made it to the final game.

Kelsey Roben did blow out here knee earlier this year but her Regis high school was ranked in the USA today top 25 all season and was high as #4 in the country.

This is a great class by Binford and her staff.

http://mslacat.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HassFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by HassFan » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:35 pm

Selvig is probably going to have to consider retiring if we keep recruiting like this. Good Job and Nice Season Lady Cats !!

Fighting Cancer With Every Breath I Take - Conner, You Are An Inspiration !

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:31 pm

mslacat: Is your blog set up to take comments? When I tried, I couldn't get it to work. I just wanted to give you an attaboy for all your work on their, and that I found the "where are they now" info on the former Bobcats very interesting.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:23 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:mslacat: Is your blog set up to take comments? When I tried, I couldn't get it to work. I just wanted to give you an attaboy for all your work on their, and that I found the "where are they now" info on the former Bobcats very interesting.
Agreed...I haven't been able to figure out how to leave a comment either, but the blog is absolutely fantastic and I thank mslacat for taking the time to do it.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:37 pm

HassFan wrote:Selvig is probably going to have to consider retiring if we keep recruiting like this. Good Job and Nice Season Lady Cats !!
So what girls from Montana have signed with UM? I don't recall seeing any in-state girls commiting to the Lady Griz so far, but that can't be possible...can it???

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:58 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:mslacat: Is your blog set up to take comments? When I tried, I couldn't get it to work. I just wanted to give you an attaboy for all your work on their, and that I found the "where are they now" info on the former Bobcats very interesting.
The comment function in Google Blogger leave a little bit to be desired. I think I have it working now, but I would not mind it if some of you would mind trying to leave a test comment to make sure. I have it set - hopefully - that will allow a person to leave a post anonymously, sign on as a "follower", or using your Google handle (if you have one). The comments will not immediately appear on the blog. If a few of you would not mind testing it for me I would appreciate it , even something as simple as "test" would be great.