Mens BB @ Sac St.

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Re: Mens BB @ Sac St.

Post by GOKATS » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:12 pm

Men and Ladies get a sweep. Go Cats!!

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:29 am

UM won by 9
msu math???

UM 73
NAU 54

We're all here 'cause we ain't all there.

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:49 am

GrizinWashington wrote:
UM won by 9
msu math???

UM 73
NAU 54
He just misread the score. Go belittle someone else.

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:13 am

longhorn_22 wrote:
GrizinWashington wrote:
UM won by 9
msu math???

UM 73
NAU 54

Rough day, 22?

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:09 am

GrizinWashington wrote:
longhorn_22 wrote:
GrizinWashington wrote:
UM won by 9
msu math???

UM 73
NAU 54

Rough day, 22?
Nope.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:40 am

longhorn_22 wrote:
GrizinWashington wrote:
longhorn_22 wrote:
GrizinWashington wrote:
UM won by 9
msu math???

UM 73
NAU 54

Rough day, 22?
Nope.
Haha, I glanced at the box score and thought it said 64, not 54. Guess I need to update my prescription... :shock:

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:08 pm

0) Q: Mrs. Reilly, when you saw the defendants, were you wearing your glasses?

A: Yes, I was.

51) Q: Over here, dear. Would you mind putting your glasses on for us, please?

(She puts on her glasses.) Whoa, how long you been wearing glasses?

A: Since I was six.

52) Q: Have they always been that thick?

A: Oh, no, they got thicker over the years.

53) Q: So as your eyes have gotten more and more out of wack as you've gotten older, how many different levels of thickness do you think you've gone through?

A: Oh, I don't know, over sixty years, maybe 10 times?

54) Q: Maybe you're ready for a thicker set?

A: Oh, no, I think they're okay.

55) Q: I think we should make sure. Let's check it out. Now how far were the defendants from you when you saw them entering the Sack O' Suds?

A: About a hundred feet.

56) Q: About a hundred feet. Would you hold this please? (Running a tape measure). Sorry, excuse me, excuse me, sorry, sorry. Okay. This is fifty feet. That's half the distance. How many fingers am I holding up? (He hold up two fingers.)

Judge: Let the record show that the counselor is holding up two fingers.

Q: Your Honor, please, huh?

J: Oh. Sorry.

57) Q: Now, Mrs. Reilly, and only Mrs. Reilly, how many fingers am I holding up now?

(He holds up two fingers)

A: Four.

58) Q: What do you think now, dear?

A: I'm thinking of getting thicker glasses.

twentythreeOh4
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by twentythreeOh4 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:44 pm

grizzh8r wrote:Cats win 69-54.

Sac. State is an awful team, but any win in Sacremento is a good win. The Cats finish with 3 of 4 conference games at home with a visit to Portland State sandwiched in between, none of them easy, as they play UNC, ISU and WSU at home. The Cats need to go at least 2-2 to feel comfortable about a postseason birth, as both NAU and EWU already have 9 losses in BSC play. Win out and they have a chance at hosting a first round game.
MSU does not host UNC. MSU remaining conference games are: ISU, @PSU, @UNC, WSU. None of which will be easy.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:55 pm

twentythreeOh4 wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:Cats win 69-54.

Sac. State is an awful team, but any win in Sacremento is a good win. The Cats finish with 3 of 4 conference games at home with a visit to Portland State sandwiched in between, none of them easy, as they play UNC, ISU and WSU at home. The Cats need to go at least 2-2 to feel comfortable about a postseason birth, as both NAU and EWU already have 9 losses in BSC play. Win out and they have a chance at hosting a first round game.
MSU does not host UNC. MSU remaining conference games are: ISU, @PSU, @UNC, WSU. None of which will be easy.

Hmm, you are correct. I was just going by ESPN.com's schedule, which is indeed wrong.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/teams/schedule?teamId=147

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Eastcoastgriz
Member # Retired

Post by Eastcoastgriz » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:59 pm

Current standings

School Big Sky Overall Streak Home Away Neutral
1. Weber State 11-1 17-8 W8 8-2 7-5 2-1
2. Montana 10-3 16-9 W7 11-1 5-8 0-0
3. Portland State 8-5 17-9 L2 9-1 6-7 2-1
4. Montana State 6-6 12-11 W1 8-4 4-6 0-1
Northern Colorado 6-6 12-15 W3 8-5 3-9 1-1
Idaho State 6-6 9-17 W2 8-4 1-13 0-0
7. Eastern Washington 5-9 11-15 L2 9-3 2-12 0-0
8. Northern Arizona 4-9 7-17 L1 5-5 2-12 0-0
9. Sacramento State 1-12 2-24 L5 2-10 0-14 0-0

The GRIZ, a quarter century of total football dominance over the cats.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:01 am

Looks good for MSU to make the tournament. Sac is out of it, and EWU and NAU can finish 7-9 at best. If MSU wins one more game, they finish no worse than 7-9 and will probably hold a potential tiebreaker over either EWU or NAU due to being the only team so far to beat Weber, who has swept EWU and beat NAU in Flagstaff.

Now, the problem becomes how MSU is going to win its first tournament game since (ugh) the '90s...

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:29 am

MSU01 wrote:Looks good for MSU to make the tournament. Sac is out of it, and EWU and NAU can finish 7-9 at best. If MSU wins one more game, they finish no worse than 7-9 and will probably hold a potential tiebreaker over either EWU or NAU due to being the only team so far to beat Weber, who has swept EWU and beat NAU in Flagstaff.

Now, the problem becomes how MSU is going to win its first tournament game since (ugh) the '90s...
Just win out and finish ahead of PSU. That could give UM the title assuming they beat Weber. [-o< :suds:

Old Skool Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Old Skool Cat » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:49 am

MSU01 wrote:Looks good for MSU to make the tournament. Sac is out of it, and EWU and NAU can finish 7-9 at best. If MSU wins one more game, they finish no worse than 7-9 and will probably hold a potential tiebreaker over either EWU or NAU due to being the only team so far to beat Weber, who has swept EWU and beat NAU in Flagstaff.

There's still a great deal of work to be done. With only four conference games left, I don't see any of them being a gimme. First up - ISU. They have beat us already in Pokey, but I feel they have not played to their potential all season. They're much bigger than us in the paint, so our guards will need to play exceptionally well and take this game over with their quickness, although their guard - Matt Stucki - may be one of the best in the conference.

Next up - PSU in Portland. They have definitely slipped somewhat and seem even more vulnerable since we beat them last. But I'm sure the revenge factor will come into play, as they still have an outside shot at earning the #2 seed and a bye for the BSC tourney. Jeremiah Dominquez wasn't much of a factor last time we played - don't look for that to be the case this time. Then -- UNC in Greeley. Northern Colorado beat us pretty handily in Bozeman, and I feel they are an up & coming team; one that should make a lot of noise in the conference for the next several years. Another team with outstanding guard play in Will Figures. And last, Weber State at home. The hottest team in the conference by far. Their guard, Kellen McCoy, gets my nod right now for league MVP, while I have to vote for Damaian Lillard for Best Freshman.

I see us going 2-2 at best these final four games, win the wins coming against ISU and UNC. No doubt, however, it will be extremely tough and we could just as easily go 0-4. I feel we need to pick up at least 2 wins to feel comfortable about making the tourney, and possibly nabbing a #4 seed and hosting a game in Bozeman. We need a good crowd Thursday night against the Bengals. I'll be down from Helena for the game - hope to see everyone there! GO CATS!!!