MSU @ NAU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

MSU @ NAU

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:08 pm

Cats down just 3 at the 8 minute timeout, 24-27

Shooting 4-8 from 3

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

mt jack
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: MSU @ NAU

Post by mt jack » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:13 pm

Don't worry. NAU will play hard, turn it over more than hoped, miss a good chunk of their free throws and lose it by 1-4 points. That's been the story of the 2008-2009 season. The Cats are looking better tonight than against the Griz.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:26 pm

MSU is making their threes (6-13), and that is the only way they are in this game. They seem absolutely befuddled by the zone defense.

NAU is shooting the lights out - right around 60% from the floor. Too many lazy/poor defensive possessions by the cats in the first half...

Oh yeah, score at the half is 34-41 NAU.

94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:34 pm

Cats have to bust the zone and 'D' up a bit, but so far not bad for a road game. Looking forward to a good second half. Go Cats!!!

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:40 pm

mt jack wrote:Don't worry. NAU will play hard, turn it over more than hoped, miss a good chunk of their free throws and lose it by 1-4 points. That's been the story of the 2008-2009 season. The Cats are looking better tonight than against the Griz.
Welcome to the board mt jack. Did you attend cat/griz in bozeman last weekend?

mt jack
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by mt jack » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:51 pm

grizh8r - No, but I watched it on tv. I was at the NAU-Bobcat game in January down in Bozeman and the Cats sure as hell played well that night. Cats have been an enigma this season and I can't place what it is exactly that they're missing.

I have rarely had reason to gripe about bigskytv.org but the feed from Flagstaff is gone on this end. I'm able to pick up other big sky games on the site but not NAU-MSU at the moment. Crap. Is it working for anyone else?

Game tracker shows the Jacks up by 17 with 15 minutes to go. You have the Jacks just where you want us as NAU has shown a tendency to blow leads like this out their collective arses.

mt jack
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by mt jack » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:52 pm

Okay....video back but no sound. Baby steps, right?

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:53 pm

mt jack wrote:grizh8r - No, but I watched it on tv. I was at the NAU-Bobcat game in January down in Bozeman and the Cats sure as hell played well that night. Cats have been an enigma this season and I can't place what it is exactly that they're missing. Someone who can consistenly score 15-20 PPG

I have rarely had reason to gripe about bigskytv.org but the feed from Flagstaff is gone on this end. I'm able to pick up other big sky games on the site but not NAU-MSU at the moment. Crap. Is it working for anyone else? Nope

Game tracker shows the Jacks up by 17 with 15 minutes to go. You have the Jacks just where you want us as NAU has shown a tendency to blow leads like this out their collective arses. Probably not. NAU is certainly due for a win, and MSU is in their typical February Tailspin... #-o

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:02 pm

68-51 jacks.

Can we even beat Sac. St.? That place has been a house of horrors for MSU basketball.

Don't count on it.

mt jack
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by mt jack » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:05 pm

I still don't feel comfortable with this lead. The 21-0 run by Idaho State a few weeks ago caused emotional scars.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:12 pm

mt jack wrote:Okay....video back but no sound. Baby steps, right?
First half was fine, no audio so I bagged it (went back to radio). Every other feed seems to be working fine.

FTG!!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:36 pm

I'm afraid this team is pretty much done. We always fade at the end of the season-can't seem to get that figured out.

mt jack
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: MSU @ NAU and some Eric Curry tidbits

Post by mt jack » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:43 pm

Game's over. That's the only time I'm comfortable with a lead.

I'm sad the first time I'm truly frustrated with bigsktv.org had to be tonight.

Best of luck the rest of the season to the Bobcats.

By the way....the "Eric Curry makes me sad" signature made me laugh out loud. The Mountain West conference's loss is the Big Sky conference's gain. I've watched Mr. Curry berate a few NAU fans I knew and take over many a game with a worn out whistle and seemingly vendetta-like intentions. Ugh.

Here's some good info for statistics fans:

http://statsheet.com/mcb/referees/eric-curry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (numbers don't do him justice)

Here's a link are some MWC fans speaking up:

http://www.deseretnews.com/user/comment ... 67,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The favorite post I read is below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Former BB ref | 1:18 p.m. Feb. 3, 2008
As a former BB official, both HS and college, I can only say that Eric Curry called one of the poorest games I have ever witnessed on Saturday. He was bad enough that his 2 partners were even laying off their whistles to try and even up things. David Hall is the head BB official for the conference and he needs to step up and improve the quality of officiating in this league. It is not fair to the players when they have to second guess the officials and try to figure out what they will call from one second to the next. Curry was so inconsistent in his whistling that no one could figure it out for the entire game.

It is amazing what poor officiating can do to a game and I am really impressed with both Rose and Schroyer that they were able to keep from saying something to get a technical foul. Not sure I would have been able to do that myself!

That said, most officals try to work a good, honest game and show no favor. Unfortunately, it only takes one member of a crew to ruin the whole game.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kbzkbobcat
New Recruit

Post by kbzkbobcat » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:39 pm

Odd thing....

Big Sky TV worked perfectly in Bozeman tonight......

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:10 pm

kbzkbobcat wrote:Odd thing....

Big Sky TV worked perfectly in Bozeman tonight......
I assume you're referring to the Ladies game.

FTG!!

DawsonPirate
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by DawsonPirate » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:24 am

Watched this game from a sate. feed and can tell you ----- MSU got flatout outplayed and out coached. NAU had only 8 players tonight and two starters out. They played a mix-up zone and Huse and staff had no answer. Danny P. had 22 points to keep it respectable.

The guards were horrible and Divaldo, Howard, Johnson and Anderson - who is so slow got worked by 6'6 and 6'4 players inside. Huse gave up at about the 9:00 mark coaching. Again except for Carson taking notes ---- What do Starr and Priebe do during the action. They sit with their heads in the palms of their hands3/4 of the games. Seems the staff is fragmented during live action.

Watchout in SACTOWN --- smell upset...... from tonights observation of lack of hustle or was it the 7700 feet altitude.

IDAHO STATE UPSETS PSU
WEBER STATE ROLLS EWU
MONTANA ROLLS SAC ST.
UNC WINS NON-CONFERENCE

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Re: MSU @ NAU and some Eric Curry tidbits

Post by longhorn_22 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:41 am

mt jack wrote:Game's over. That's the only time I'm comfortable with a lead.

I'm sad the first time I'm truly frustrated with bigsktv.org had to be tonight.

Best of luck the rest of the season to the Bobcats.

By the way....the "Eric Curry makes me sad" signature made me laugh out loud. The Mountain West conference's loss is the Big Sky conference's gain. I've watched Mr. Curry berate a few NAU fans I knew and take over many a game with a worn out whistle and seemingly vendetta-like intentions. Ugh.

Here's some good info for statistics fans:

http://statsheet.com/mcb/referees/eric-curry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (numbers don't do him justice)

Here's a link are some MWC fans speaking up:

http://www.deseretnews.com/user/comment ... 67,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The favorite post I read is below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Former BB ref | 1:18 p.m. Feb. 3, 2008
As a former BB official, both HS and college, I can only say that Eric Curry called one of the poorest games I have ever witnessed on Saturday. He was bad enough that his 2 partners were even laying off their whistles to try and even up things. David Hall is the head BB official for the conference and he needs to step up and improve the quality of officiating in this league. It is not fair to the players when they have to second guess the officials and try to figure out what they will call from one second to the next. Curry was so inconsistent in his whistling that no one could figure it out for the entire game.

It is amazing what poor officiating can do to a game and I am really impressed with both Rose and Schroyer that they were able to keep from saying something to get a technical foul. Not sure I would have been able to do that myself!

That said, most officals try to work a good, honest game and show no favor. Unfortunately, it only takes one member of a crew to ruin the whole game.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
This is the post of the season!
I can't get over how funny that is to me. An Eric Curry stats sheet. Classic!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:28 am

DawsonPirate wrote:Watchout in SACTOWN --- smell upset......
I'll consider it an upset if we win.

ImagineSanta
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ImagineSanta » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:27 am

Finally, people are figuring out that Eric Curry is terrible. I wish he would come back to Bozeman though, so I could yell at him the entire game for no reason at all. :D

I think you don't get it. Sleeping in until 6 won't get many people very far in life, especially if they want to play on Sunday.
-Cat Grad