Cat/Griz Men's Game

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

D-Wreck
BobcatNation Team Captain

Cat/Griz Men's Game

Post by D-Wreck » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:20 pm

15-9 UM 11:30 left 1st

D-Wreck

Re: Cat/Griz Men's Game

Post by D-Wreck » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:28 pm

17-17 8 left

D-Wreck

Post by D-Wreck » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:35 pm

21-18 fizz

catatonic1

Post by catatonic1 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:37 pm

The ref's suck

D-Wreck

Post by D-Wreck » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:37 pm

27-23 fizz
4 mins

D-Wreck

Post by D-Wreck » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:54 pm

36-30 Montana at the half

Old Skool Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Old Skool Cat » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:03 pm

I am here at the game (posting from the Blackberry) and I can tell you its not the refs why we are losing at half. The griz are shooting lights and we aren't. Add to that that Mbunga has been nonexistent other than a couple blocked shots, Bynum and Navarre are rushing everything, and Anderson looks like he's in cement. Howard and Rush are having nice games. Austin Brown and Pieppoli haven't played much, but haven't contributed anything when in. Offensive rebounds are killing us. Gotta go - 2nd half tip!

D-Wreck

Post by D-Wreck » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:08 pm

39-32 17:18 to go

D-Wreck

Post by D-Wreck » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:14 pm

43-35
15:17

D-Wreck

Post by D-Wreck » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:24 pm

46-40 griz
11:30 to go

D-Wreck

Post by D-Wreck » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:28 pm

50-46
9:40
MSU has the double bonus

D-Wreck

Post by D-Wreck » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:37 pm

54-49 UM
7:05 Left

D-Wreck

Post by D-Wreck » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:47 pm

58-52
4:17 left

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:03 pm

Another day, another sweep. I'm going to the bars.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

BwanaCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BwanaCat » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:13 pm

It's official. MSU has now achieved Cell Bitch status against the jizz. SHAMEFUL!! :oops: :( Mr. Fields et.al. have some splainin to do.

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:15 pm

That was a very nice win by the Griz. They played terrific defense (at least from what I could see through the kaleidescope that is msu's BigSkyTV. Road breakthroughs are very tough to get in this league and anytime you can beat your rival on the road, it's a special win. The Griz needed that win to stay in 2nd, and with a little good luck they could win 4 out of their next 5. A tough loss for the Cats as it puts them right back in the middle of the scrum to finish in the top 6.

We're all here 'cause we ain't all there.

A-Frame
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by A-Frame » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:30 pm

FREEEEEEEEEE THROOOOOOOWS. And dying by the three. If we don't hit the three we lose.

GO CATS!

BwanaCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BwanaCat » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:39 pm

The honeymoon for Coach Huse and Mr. Fields is offically over. Time to produce some wins rather that losses. WTF are you looking at Coach Ash?!?! You need to win, too, starting now. Mr. Wanago!! Get back here. The days of money for nothing are over for the entire athletic department. GO CATS!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:45 pm

BwanaCat wrote:It's official. MSU has now achieved Cell Bitch status against the jizz. SHAMEFUL!! :oops: :( Mr. Fields et.al. have some splainin to do.
They've got the better of us at pretty much everything. What have we got? Indoor track? Rodeo? It's disgusting and shameful.

The only silver lining-and I really had to look hard for it: our team sports teams are all relatively young and should get at least a little better.

As for this game. Huse needs to decide-are we a big team that's going to pound it inside, or are we a quick, smaller team that's going to shoot over you or go around you. This team is a bunch of tweeners that can't do either. I really believed that Huse would be an upgrade from Durham's undersized-outside oriented teams, but so far it's been pretty much a bust. We've regressed from medicore and occaisionally good to scraping at the lower half of the league in all three of his seasons. This is not acceptable.

Montana has a big physical team and they were better than us at every single postion on the floor-it wasn't even close. They are good and play their stuff well. They played zone all night and let us try to shoot over it. The result is a 30% shooting night and another blowout loss.

With more on the road than at home, with a revenge oriented Weber team and a big ISU team coming in here that will play us just like Montana-only they're potentially better, the second half of this conference season could get ugly.

I am very disappointed in the whole outfit (entire athletic department).

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Post by bozbobcat » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:23 pm

Wow...where to start with this one. As this game mercifully ground to an end, I wondered when the announcement about life vests under the chairs would come on. A spectator could literally watch this one sink away.

It seems like the same pattern from all year is going on again here. We don't make shots, we don't make enough free throws, and the other guys make the shots. The free throw percentage from the radio was better than I thought they actually shot (67%). But a 31% shooting percentage should say it all...it certainly could be the Grizzlies' defense, and Johnson was mighty good. I didn't really feel that any Bobcat really stood out tonight (Howard had an ok game) and the whole team seemed to come out flat in front of a big crowd. The Cats do have two winnable games next week...I hope they can step up to the challenge.

I also understand that some people are losing patience. We still have a young team, but by February, that's not really an excuse except for people getting tired, which again isn't an excuse. I guess if the team and program wants to improve in the long run, maybe they should take a page from the football team and try to build with freshmen and lessen the reliance on JC transfers. To a degree, Huse has done this. What this team needs is a floor leader that can point things out and get things running. There may not be enough time to catch lightning in a bottle here, but I'd expect this team to make the tournament. It would be nice to approach the 4 seed as well, but we may have to settle for 5 or 6. I just hope the team can string together a few wins before the band has to play "Nearer My God to Thee."

On a more positive ending note, I thought MSU did a great job today with the doubleheader and I think it's a good idea that should continue.

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.