Lady Cats/lady griz

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Lady Cats/lady griz

Post by longhorn_22 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:59 pm

griz win 67-60.
Great game by Nubia Garcia. She had 17 points and 13 rebounds the last time I checked.

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Re: Lady Cats/lady griz

Post by GrizinWashington » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:00 pm

Very good game. Both teams played excellent defense and the Cats kept it close by shooting lights out from 3. They played well.

We're all here 'cause we ain't all there.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:02 pm

Griz offensive rebounds was the deciding factor. We would force a miss, but they get so many second chances.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

TboneCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by TboneCat » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:27 pm

Great game, the Lady Cats played a great game and had a few more calls gone their way I believe they would have won.

Even so both teams played very hard and it was fun to watch.

D-Wreck
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by D-Wreck » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:44 pm

Overall, a very good game. I'll admit I had terrible sportsmanship after that no call/call at the end of the game. I was upset. But the girls played hard.

hardhatcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by hardhatcat » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:19 pm

It was a very good game, I thought we just missed to many shots at the end of the game, plus the defensive rebounds hurt. I know I have said this before on this site but Erica Perry impressees the hell out of me. She has no quite in her, she was in moralises face all game. Got a few steals from her

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Post by bozbobcat » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:37 pm

Despite the final outcome, I am incredibly pleased with the lady Cats and very proud of them for their effort today. They had a great chance to win and did just about everything necessary to do so. I thought Erica Perry was awesome, I think she should get a nickname: Miss Larceny. (If you've seen the movie Major League, that'll make sense.) I was also impressed with the Cats' defense: it was the best effort they've had on that end of the floor all season. When Mandy Morales, Sonya Rogers, and Britney Lohman score less than their average, you have to be impressed. There were a few things they could have done better, like rebound the basketball. The Lady Griz grabbed seemingly everything and they did a great job today. I also felt that they should have relied more on the three at the end instead of driving into the middle of the very tall Lady Griz defense. I can see why they're so good and I think it's great that they can win with so much Montana talent. I'm not really too upset to see that their best players are seniors, though. I'm really not a happy person when the Cats lose to the Griz in anything, but I'm extremely pleased with how well the ladies played today. That was absolutely a spectacular game.

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:32 pm

bozbobcat wrote:Despite the final outcome, I am incredibly pleased with the lady Cats and very proud of them for their effort today. They had a great chance to win and did just about everything necessary to do so. I thought Erica Perry was awesome, I think she should get a nickname: Miss Larceny. (If you've seen the movie Major League, that'll make sense.) I was also impressed with the Cats' defense: it was the best effort they've had on that end of the floor all season. When Mandy Morales, Sonya Rogers, and Britney Lohman score less than their average, you have to be impressed. There were a few things they could have done better, like rebound the basketball. The Lady Griz grabbed seemingly everything and they did a great job today. I also felt that they should have relied more on the three at the end instead of driving into the middle of the very tall Lady Griz defense. I can see why they're so good and I think it's great that they can win with so much Montana talent. I'm not really too upset to see that their best players are seniors, though. I'm really not a happy person when the Cats lose to the Griz in anything, but I'm extremely pleased with how well the ladies played today. That was absolutely a spectacular game.
Good post.

We're all here 'cause we ain't all there.

BozCatFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BozCatFan » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:35 pm

I think the Lady Cats did a fantastic job. The Lady Griz are always tough, and we almost had them.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:49 pm

BozCatFan wrote:I think the Lady Cats did a fantastic job. The Lady Griz are always tough, and we almost had them.
Hooray! We didn't lose by that much =D^

I'm sorry, but I sick of it-our teams need to produce more than moral victories.

I apologize-I'm pretty down right now.