MensBB CAT/griz

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: MensBB CAT/griz

Post by MSU01 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:06 pm

I hope our players are pissed off at themselves after that display...

sub 50% free throw shooting is going to win us a whole lot of games.

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:07 pm

Sub 50% FT shooting is horrid. I can safely say I can do better than that.

Griznationalist
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Griznationalist » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:07 pm

I'm the first to admit it -- the Cats are far better than this. Far too many missed free throws by a good free-throw shooting team. Add one career game by UM's Johnson, and that's the story. I'm hoping to attend the rematch at The Brick, and I am by no means cocky enough to predict Griz go 2-0 this year against Cats. The rematch could be a complete reversal.

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:09 pm

Griznationalist wrote:I'm the first to admit it -- the Cats are far better than this. Far too many missed free throws by a good free-throw shooting team. Add one career game by UM's Johnson, and that's the story. I'm hoping to attend the rematch at The Brick, and I am by no means cocky enough to predict Griz go 2-0 this year against Cats. The rematch could be a complete reversal.
Best thing I've seen posted here tonight.

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:10 pm

I'm happy with the win, of course. But I'm not happy with the way the Griz played tonight. They've got to get a lot better if they hope to compete.

We're all here 'cause we ain't all there.

Eastcoastgriz
Member # Retired

Post by Eastcoastgriz » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:10 pm

WHAT ABOUT THOSE GRIZ!!
2 for 2 Today

=D^ =D^ =D^ =D^

The GRIZ, a quarter century of total football dominance over the cats.

catatonic1
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by catatonic1 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:11 pm

shooting under 50% on freethrows is Coaching not just a bad night?

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:11 pm

Flat out piss poor performance by the Cats. It's currently 3 degrees above in Bozeman- the Cats were a little colder than that tonight.

BTW, what the hell was up with wasting energy with the full court press? It accomplished nothing.

End of rant.........................just a bad night.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:11 pm

longhorn_22 wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:I'm the first to admit it -- the Cats are far better than this. Far too many missed free throws by a good free-throw shooting team. Add one career game by UM's Johnson, and that's the story. I'm hoping to attend the rematch at The Brick, and I am by no means cocky enough to predict Griz go 2-0 this year against Cats. The rematch could be a complete reversal.
'cept its in that gawd awful pink colored text!

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:13 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
longhorn_22 wrote:
It matches his 'panties'.

FTG!!

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:14 pm

catatonic1 wrote:shooting under 50% on freethrows is Coaching not just a bad night?
Not when we have never shot that bad this season before tonight.

catatonic1

Post by catatonic1 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:22 pm

longhorn_22 wrote:
catatonic1 wrote:shooting under 50% on freethrows is Coaching not just a bad night?
They're your excuses, use them at will! :crazy:

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:23 pm

catatonic1 wrote:
longhorn_22 wrote:
They're your excuses, use them at will! :crazy:
It's a fact. We have never shot below about 59% in a game, and that was only twice. We have consistently been above 70% (In fact that is what we average). Find something else to try and rip me and this team on.

catatonic1

Post by catatonic1 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:44 pm

longhorn_22 wrote:
catatonic1 wrote:
longhorn_22 wrote:
catatonic1 wrote:It sucks that we suck!
We don't suck. Every team has an off night.
Off Year! Football, Women this afternoon and Now we suck!
You sure are a great Cat "fan."
We got completely dominated in all three sports this year by the same rival!

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Post by bozbobcat » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:45 pm

What can be said about that game? It was just flat out bad. The Grizzlies weren't that great (with the exception of Johnson-he was flat out amazing tonight) but played less badly than the Bobcats. Hats off to them for the win (no smack intended). Griz fans can celebrate for now. However, there were some major problems tonight. The Cats gave a great effort, which should always be applauded. The free throw shooting has to be improved. We aren't talking a double digit loss if the Cats make 75%, let alone 50%. It wasn't all that long ago that the Cats were the top free throw shooting team in the nation. I'm going to guess that Coach Huse will make a big point out of this. The more important thing is to look ahead to two big games next week. 2-2 in conference isn't too bad, but 0-4 would be a giant hurdle for this team to overcome. I say we just move on to next week.

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by Billings_Griz » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:55 pm

GOKATS wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
longhorn_22 wrote:

:unsure:

whitetrashgriz
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by whitetrashgriz » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:09 pm

wow. this one was bad. i actually had to wait a while before posting to keep from saying things that may get me blasted. after finding this site, it didn't take me long to realize people don't always like a fans p.o.v. if it deals with the cats playing like ******! so i need to be careful. first, as i said a month ago, i still see this team in the conference tourney, along with um, isu, and psu. i like their energy, and their rebounding. i hate their turnovers, full-court defense, and poor shot-selection, and don't even get me started on free throws. :roll: defensively, in a half-court set they played well and forced tough shots. but when forced to play full-court, they were unable to stay in front, and picked up stupid fouls,(like mbunga on sharp) thus putting the griz on the line, where unlike us, they decided to make theirs. liked navarre's energy, but thought he got caught up in a 1-1 battle with johnson that hurt the team in a key stretch. i'm not saying johnson is a better player than navarre....but he certainly was tonight. looks like it could be another season where the 3's drive us crazy. we will stay in a lot of games when they're going, and quicky shoot us out of games when they're not. thought when the griz turned up the pressure a little we got sloppy, used poor passing angles, and turned the ball over too much. i thought the refs were very consistent, although i prefer the games when they let the guys play a little. both teams got in foul trouble after several fouls that i would consider ticky-tack. as far as the free throws, i don't know what needs to be done. i've been to several practices and huse has them shooting hundreds. maybe he needs to double that! or triple. maybe he should invite the fans to a team vs fan free throw shootout to show how easy they really are! i can tell i'm getting older because know i'm that washed-up former player yelling about how easy they are! :wink: but in seriousness, i'm not asking for 90%. hell i don't even need 80%. but if they could figure out a way to make about 70-75%, they'd find themselves winning a lot of games. anyway, it's a long season, in a very equal conference. this team will be fine.

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:10 pm

Billings_Griz wrote:
GOKATS wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
longhorn_22 wrote:

:unsure:
It was nothing more than a calculated guess, but I probably wasn't too far off.

FTG!!

DawsonPirate
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by DawsonPirate » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:41 pm

Have been watching from a far ---- Longcat will hammer me as usual.....

Bottomline - this is a poor and probably more a streaky type of shooting team. This will be a "Yo-Yo" season the the Cats in the BSC. Most teams are putting up good scoring totals. Free Throws ---- WOW that starts in practice and concentrating and that is the coaches. Freethrows is like golf ---- you have four coaches on the bench -- break film and break their shot down for flaws. FT is 90% mental.

Huge game on ESPN today - Portland State vs. NAU.

MSU will beat SAC State the key game will be next week vs. NAU. A 1-1 split next week and it could be a tough year in the BSC for hoops.

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:23 pm

DawsonPirate wrote:Have been watching from a far ---- Longcat will hammer me as usual.....

Bottomline - this is a poor and probably more a streaky type of shooting team. This will be a "Yo-Yo" season the the Cats in the BSC. Most teams are putting up good scoring totals. Free Throws ---- WOW that starts in practice and concentrating and that is the coaches. Freethrows is like golf ---- you have four coaches on the bench -- break film and break their shot down for flaws. FT is 90% mental.

Huge game on ESPN today - Portland State vs. NAU.

MSU will beat SAC State the key game will be next week vs. NAU. A 1-1 split next week and it could be a tough year in the BSC for hoops.
At least come up with a name better than "Longcat."
But I agree with you. We are going to be a streaky team and I think you are correct in saying free throws are 90% mental.