MSU vs WSU on TV

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BobCatFan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

MSU vs WSU on TV

Post by BobCatFan » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:00 am

http://billingsgazette.net/articles/200 ... acific.txt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tonight's game is on Fox sports.

BgCATfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: MSU vs WSU on TV

Post by BgCATfan » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:06 am

Cool, thanks for posting that.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:59 am

Anybody know if the game will be on cable channel 26 in the Bozeman area? That channel seems to go back and forth between northwest and rocky mountain. Right now a Jazz game is listed at that time so I suspect I'll have to seek out someone with a multiple sports package to watch the game.

whitetrashgriz
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by whitetrashgriz » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:33 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:Anybody know if the game will be on cable channel 26 in the Bozeman area? That channel seems to go back and forth between northwest and rocky mountain. Right now a Jazz game is listed at that time so I suspect I'll have to seek out someone with a multiple sports package to watch the game.
or just call and get that package. it's only like $2.79 a month and includes a couple college stations, as well as the nfl network, and a hockey channel and you can cancel it anytime!

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:11 pm

can anyone tell me what channel that is on directv? thanks.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:19 pm

whitetrashgriz wrote:can anyone tell me what channel that is on directv? thanks.
Maybe 617, but it's not on the guide as yet. Could be on a spin off channel also.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

msusportsinfo
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by msusportsinfo » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:43 pm

Our info says the game tonight is on Fox Northwest--channel 687 on Direct TV and channel 426 on Dish Network.

CATS2000
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by CATS2000 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:02 pm

Has anyone ever tried to broadcast the game over http://www.justin.tv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?

I've watched a lot of games on that site that I couldnt get through cable or direct tv.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:12 pm

CATS2000 wrote:Has anyone ever tried to broadcast the game over http://www.justin.tv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?

I've watched a lot of games on that site that I couldnt get through cable or direct tv.
Me too. Unfortunately Bresnan sucks a big fat one here in Bozeman. I just did a speedtest and it clocked me a whooping 990 KB/S speed. Bresnan advertises as 8 MB/S. Pretty sweet eh? I don't have the bandwidth to host it. :P

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

CATS2000
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by CATS2000 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:12 pm

Any bars in town showing the game tonite?

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:25 pm

CATS2000 wrote:Any bars in town showing the game tonite?
i bet most you go into will turn it to the channel if you ask them. i'm probably going to go to the old bennigans(now grill and tavern) to watch it. but like i said, you pick the place and you probably will get it.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:45 pm

It's on at 10:30 on the Helena Cable channel 332

2024 Resume dominance

BwanaCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BwanaCat » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:22 pm

Coach Lenny WIlkens hit the nail on the heat by stating, "there's a difference betweem a mid-level PAC 10 team verses a lower level Big Sky team. What can we say since we got out our arses kicked by a better team? I say the griz win the Big Sky going away this year. They know how to win each year and we know how to lose each year :(

BwanaCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BwanaCat » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:25 pm

BTW. I think Coach Huse has the Cats on the road to success but we all know knew it would take him 3-5 years to build a decent program after Mick's limp d!ck program. WSU's nine Freshman are tough though! Ours not so much.....

CATS2000
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by CATS2000 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:28 am

Get real man - everyone who saw the game knew the 'Cats were overmatched but to say that they are going to struggle in BigSky play is ludicrous. Wazzu plays a great style of fundamental basketball (especially defense) that has 75% of the country scratching their heads on how to play them. The Vegas spread on this game was wazzu-15 and they led the game around 10-15 pts the whole game. Not sure what you expected out of this one.

DawsonPirate
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by DawsonPirate » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:29 am

MSU showed last night the real concern going into Big Sky play, I will probably get jumped on is the outside shooting. If it were not for Erik Rush's 10-12 FT shooting, the game could have been alot worse. I could see more team's throwing some type of zone until MSU can consistently exhibit they can shoot from the outside.

Folks you can all say this is a young team but with majority of the key minute players are JUCO's and redshirts truly being juniors in academic standards -- next year is the true standard if this program is progressing. I watched the game --- live, what has been the situation on Cam Henderson the 6'5" PF? Everyone at the beginning had him at 6'7". He looked very small out there. Has he been written off? BJ what is his role? Lastly I hope Bobby Howard does not hit the wall like last year he is key. In closing, Erik Rush is a bit disaapointing at the midway point with all the high preseason props. He is racing and it continues to show. I would recommend bringing him in off the bench after a few moments. Watch the flow of the game and guide the stallion in his play. That is coaching and what one of the assistant's should try.

Fullerton will be a tough rematch in So Cal. Get a the shooting machine out and work on the jumper.

Happy Holidays.

Old Skool Cat

Post by Old Skool Cat » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:02 am

Okay, pipe down everybody and take a breath. We lost a game we were supposed to; big deal. The world is not gonna come crashing in all around us. We lost to a good Wazzu team, even though their current record doesn't indicate that. Keep in mind we scored more points on them (51) then on average they have been allowing (45 ppg). Sure they may have stumbled the previous two contests coming into our game, but I don't think it is indicative of the team they have. Also, keep in mind that Wazzu was an NCAA tourney team and probably will finish in the upper tier of the Pac-10 which is a pretty darn good basketball conference. They beat Idaho State earlier this year 60-41, and ISU has a pretty darn good team (picked by both the coaches and the media to finish 3rd in the Sky). So relax, everyone. I am more concerned to see what we do against teams like Niagra and Utah Valley State, and Long Beach State, and the return trip to Fullerton.

whizonthegriz

Post by whizonthegriz » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:25 pm

I went to the game on Saturday and have a few observations. First, WSU is not a great team, or nearly as good as they have been in the past few years. They are well coached, but do not appear very athletic, aside from Castro. We only turned it over 6 times in the game, and they had just 2 steals, so they didn't overwhelm the Cats athletically. Their basketball IQ was significantly higher than ours. The crowd was pathetic, very similar to a ho-hum NBA game. The only time they got a little excited was during the canned WSU school song, the kiss cam, dance contest, and a wedding proposal. If the Cats were to ever win a game on the road against a decent team, this was the night. Unfortunately, there were next to nil Bobcat fans there. I see more Bobcat support driving home on the Boeing freeway than I did at the game. I could not pick out more than 20 MSU fans out of the crowd in blue or gold cheering for the Cats.

The Bobcats defense is terrible or uninspired. WSU had wide open looks the entire game from the outside. I have seen 7th grade basketball teams rotate better on defense. We were lost the entire game and did not rotate at all. WSU would swing the passes for very easy shots. On at least 6 occasions, we left outside shooters ridiculously wide open. Their shooters could catch the ball, eat a bucket of popcorn, sip a soda, dribble twice, yawn, make sure their pointer finger was on the air hole, and then still shoot wide open threes or 18 footers. Harmeling can shoot it, but you have to at least try to put a hand in the face. Finally, Rochestie is good, but it was silly how easy he was able to drive to the basket in the second half.

Mbunga is good. He is a big time player (and our only one). Piepoli kept us from getting blown out bad early with some big baskets. Our guards are slow. Early in the second half, we made an adjustment where we were cutting to the basket and gots some nice passes for some easy looks. In the first half, they tried to dribble penetrate and just could not beat anybody off the dribble. Bobby Howard was miserable. He was overmatched the entire game physically. He must have contributed significantly to WSU blocked shots number. When he did get an open look from the outside, he looked bad. He got repeatedly beat for lay-ups because he would lose sight of his man.

Maybe, I'm just bitter after paying a couple of hundred bucks to take my family to the game, but I have never been this bitter about a loss. I really expected them to be competitive. They were either not prepared to play, or worse, incapable. On Sunday, I watched Portland State fight like mad to beat Washington. They totally played inspired, on a hostile court (albeit Brockman did not play), and should have sent the game into OT if the ref would have blown his whistle. It was a night and day difference compared to how the Cats played.

"Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious," Charles Shackleford.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:26 pm

whizonthegriz wrote:I went to the game on Saturday and have a few observations. First, WSU is not a great team, or nearly as good as they have been in the past few years. They are well coached, but do not appear very athletic, aside from Castro. We only turned it over 6 times in the game, and they had just 2 steals, so they didn't overwhelm the Cats athletically. Their basketball IQ was significantly higher than ours. The crowd was pathetic, very similar to a ho-hum NBA game. The only time they got a little excited was during the canned WSU school song, the kiss cam, dance contest, and a wedding proposal. If the Cats were to ever win a game on the road against a decent team, this was the night. Unfortunately, there were next to nil Bobcat fans there. I see more Bobcat support driving home on the Boeing freeway than I did at the game. I could not pick out more than 20 MSU fans out of the crowd in blue or gold cheering for the Cats.

The Bobcats defense is terrible or uninspired. WSU had wide open looks the entire game from the outside. I have seen 7th grade basketball teams rotate better on defense. We were lost the entire game and did not rotate at all. WSU would swing the passes for very easy shots. On at least 6 occasions, we left outside shooters ridiculously wide open. Their shooters could catch the ball, eat a bucket of popcorn, sip a soda, dribble twice, yawn, make sure their pointer finger was on the air hole, and then still shoot wide open threes or 18 footers. Harmeling can shoot it, but you have to at least try to put a hand in the face. Finally, Rochestie is good, but it was silly how easy he was able to drive to the basket in the second half.

Mbunga is good. He is a big time player (and our only one). Piepoli kept us from getting blown out bad early with some big baskets. Our guards are slow. Early in the second half, we made an adjustment where we were cutting to the basket and gots some nice passes for some easy looks. In the first half, they tried to dribble penetrate and just could not beat anybody off the dribble. Bobby Howard was miserable. He was overmatched the entire game physically. He must have contributed significantly to WSU blocked shots number. When he did get an open look from the outside, he looked bad. He got repeatedly beat for lay-ups because he would lose sight of his man.

Maybe, I'm just bitter after paying a couple of hundred bucks to take my family to the game, but I have never been this bitter about a loss. I really expected them to be competitive. They were either not prepared to play, or worse, incapable. On Sunday, I watched Portland State fight like mad to beat Washington. They totally played inspired, on a hostile court (albeit Brockman did not play), and should have sent the game into OT if the ref would have blown his whistle. It was a night and day difference compared to how the Cats played.
Ok, so you have only seen this team play once? Then you can't judge this team, especially after playing the stifling defense of WSU - they make you take tough shots. I know we were playing a matchup zone all night, and WSU has excellent guards that can pass well and shoot, and they made half of their threes that night, so that could be the reason you think our defense stinks.

I liked the fact that the cats only turned the ball over 6 times in the game and made 15-17 from the charity stripe, both areas where they have REALLY struggled. This game was lost on the boards, almost a 1-2 advantage for WSU. Again, it goes back to the disciplined, fundamentally sound approach of the system they play.

And what is this crap about them not being competitive? They were within 8-10 points for a good 3/4 of the game and scored more than most teams average against WSU. You have to remember that this team only has 1 senior and 1 returning starter, with a bunch of sophomores and first year JC guys tossed in - they are very young, but they have a tremendous upside. They will be a tough team to play in every conference game this year, and that is where it matters most.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

whizonthegriz

Post by whizonthegriz » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:17 pm

It was the first game that I have seen them play this year. I have listened to a few on the radio and read articles on the rest. I suppose I have followed them as close as I can from the Seattle area.

Maybe the lack of D didn't translate well to t.v.

"Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious," Charles Shackleford.