MBB- Cats at EWU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

MBB- Cats at EWU

Post by GOKATS » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:07 pm

I really don't like this early season conference game, but Go Cats!!!!

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

whitetrashgriz
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: MBB- Cats at EWU

Post by whitetrashgriz » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:19 pm

i do. we'll be alone a the top of the conference for a month! :D

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:29 pm

whitetrashgriz wrote:i do. we'll be alone a the top of the conference for a month! :D
Or at the bottom.......................

Nah...............Go Cats!!!!

FTG!!

CATS2000
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by CATS2000 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:04 pm

Big road game right here... Let's do it Cats! I believe tip-off is set for 8pm bozeman time.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:21 pm

CATS2000 wrote:Big road game right here... Let's do it Cats! I believe tip-off is set for 8pm bozeman time.
Yep, pregame on FM 100.7 at 7:30.

http://www.xlcountry.com/main.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FTG!!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:48 pm

I've got the game on BigSkyTV. It's working good so far.

We're up 33-28 at the half. We're not playing too bad-but way too many turnovers. Bynum had a nice half.

The atmosphere there in Cheney isn't exactly raucous.

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:57 pm

Too many turnovers and they killed us on the offensive boards. Rush is really struggling so far this season. Bynum has been a big surprise to fill the void.

You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves." - Abraham Lincoln

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:48 pm

Terrible terrbile shooting-both from the field and the line. Navarre may as well shoot blind folded for all the luck he has. Howard has a blistering 2 points. A pretty horrible start.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:51 pm

Too many TO's and piss poor FT shooting.

FTG!!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:55 pm

GOKATS wrote:Too many TO's and piss poor FT shooting.
Quoted for truth.

Bigskytv is pretty good though, nice to watch the Cats play out of town. Best of all, it is free!

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:04 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
GOKATS wrote:Too many TO's and piss poor FT shooting.
Quoted for truth.

Bigskytv is pretty good though, nice to watch the Cats play out of town. Best of all, it is free!
I'm certainly glad I didn't pay to watch that performance (bigskytv did work good though).

jmdcn
New Recruit

Post by jmdcn » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:08 pm

Is this team going to win with the 3point shot or are we going to use our size and pass the ball to the open man...

Old Skool Cat

Post by Old Skool Cat » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:09 pm

Not trying to dig on this team, but I have pointed this out before: we have been lousy from the FT line for most of the season and our perimeter game stinks. We are a small team (height and weight), so we are not going to push anybody around. So, we have to be flawless from the charity stripe and from outside. From what I have seen, we have no shooters. Sure we have a few guys who can stoke it from time to time, but nobody who is consistent; nobody that can carry the team night in and night out.

Granted, it's an early conference game and we will have time to get ready for the real conference games. We know what needs work - Coach Huse better have these guys working their arses off to get it done.

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:07 am

Just plain lousy from the stripe.

The 'Cats have lost three games on the stripe so far this year. Of course, the T.O. extravaganza last night didn't help any.

But hey, they hung in on the road and that's pretty good for a young team like ours. Image

DawsonPirate
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by DawsonPirate » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:37 am

Turnovers, free throws and very little outside scoring. In addition the technical foul at the .18 second mark killed MSU. Why did they not get the timeout correct at the end. That is poor because then it was a 4 point game under .30 seconds. You have (3) three assistants on the bench --- Why did not one of them go to the scorers table at the 1:30 mark and the two remaining timeouts prior to the infraction? What else is there for them to do - plus if they questoned the numbers left it would have possibly changed the outcome. We will never know. Who is in charge of that Carson?

Cal Fullerton, WSU, Long Beach State and Utah Valley are next. This could be a rough road leading into conference play.

Another note Byrum has stepped up his play but where is his outside game? Lastly Eric Rush has to slow down it is quite evident that his game is in over drive and he is struggling.

Watch out next week and the guard from Fullerton he is a treat. WSU game be ready to see defense like you have never seen. MSU without a outside game will be lucky to score 50 points. the team "D" of Wazzu is unreal and suffocating.

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:41 pm

DawsonPirate wrote:Turnovers, free throws and very little outside scoring. In addition the technical foul at the .18 second mark killed MSU. Why did they not get the timeout correct at the end. That is poor because then it was a 4 point game under .30 seconds. You have (3) three assistants on the bench --- Why did not one of them go to the scorers table at the 1:30 mark and the two remaining timeouts prior to the infraction? What else is there for them to do - plus if they questoned the numbers left it would have possibly changed the outcome. We will never know. Who is in charge of that Carson?

Cal Fullerton, WSU, Long Beach State and Utah Valley are next. This could be a rough road leading into conference play.

Another note Byrum has stepped up his play but where is his outside game? Lastly Eric Rush has to slow down it is quite evident that his game is in over drive and he is struggling.

Watch out next week and the guard from Fullerton he is a treat. WSU game be ready to see defense like you have never seen. MSU without a outside game will be lucky to score 50 points. the team "D" of Wazzu is unreal and suffocating.
actually a good post dawson. had to admit when i saw your name in the thread, after a loss, and after not hearing from you in a month, i wasn't expecting anything relevant. for that i apologize. in regards to the time-out situation, i was a little annoyed with that too. unfortunately i ordered that delahoya fight and it was ending around the same time as the game so i missed some of the cats game in the last few minutes. right now i'm concerned with the cats inside-out play. we don't look to the post often enough, and we're not a good enough outside shooting team right now to get away with that. ironically, i don't like to see them driving to the basket to draw fouls either as they still can't hit their freebies! all that considered, i like where this young team is at, and no one in the sky is scaring me right now. i still think isu will be the team to beat in the league. (especially after beating utah last night) wazzu is a very good team, and their defense will be the best the cats face all season. unfortunately out of our next four games, i could see us going 1-3 and would be happy with 2-2. anything beyond that is a bonus.

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:13 am

I just though everyone on the floor was rushing. There was very little patience by anyone in Blue last night. Lazy/bad passes and hurried shots lead to wasted possessions, and we had at least 25 wasted possessions (one for every turnover, and a good half-dozrn on shots WAAAAAAY too early in the shot clock).

Rush needs to settle down, that is for sure - he looks lost most of the time. Bynum is crafty and quick. Sometimes Bobby just disappears in games. Navarre needs to pass first, dribble second, drive third, shoot as a last resort. Mbunga REALLY needs to work on finishing his shots - he misses way too many easy ones. I have been very pleased with Piepoli's and BJ's play thus far, other than BJ's night last night.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

4everacatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by 4everacatfan » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:45 am

I was at the game but thought I would wait to post till Monday (too calm down). A couple things our guards are driving and dribbling TOO much and dribbling with their heads down! They need to reverse the ball and get it to the shooters. A little known stat was Bobby and BJ together only got 10 attempts (combined Howard 0- 6 & BJ 0-4) at shots granted they did not make any but they were a combined 4 - 4 from the freethrow line. Both these guys are scorers and rarely were they even getting a shot out of the offense. Twice during the game BJ had the 5'8" Benny on him and he was posting up strong and Rush would not give him the ball. He fired up once a 3 that did not even have a prayer of going in and rather than getting on Rush, Huse was upset with BJ for not getting the rebound!! And the other time Bynum saw him but put his head down and drove into 3 guys.

I am afraid to say this but we are looking a little like last years team where one guy goes 1 on 5 again and the rest just stand around because they did not know where to go. Bynum scored a lot of points Saturday but he has no outside shot and he is not able to drive and kick and he sure is not looking to pass.

At the end Huse called a time out to try to get a three and he had Bobby and Danny all spotted up and Bynum dribbles right into traffic and turns the ball over all he needed to do was make the pass to Danny or Bobby.

Overall this was a very winnable game but selfish guard play and poor coaching at the end really costed us( not making them run an offense). I still think we need to look at going to a three big guy rotation we would have given EWU alot of trouble because they would have trouble matching up with us and both BJ and Bobby are better passers into the post then our guards right now and they look for each other and Dvialdo. I do agree Rush is struggling and I think he is a very athletic kid but right now he is pressing and needs to take a step back and let the game come to him in the offense and remeber no matter how fancy you get with the dribbling the basket is still only going to count for 2 or 3.

On the time out. Honestly I think that was a huge deflator I think the EWU bench did screw up because from the conversations MSU's radio guy, and SD. and Carson all had us down for one less but I agree with the earlier poster the assistant needs to check at the two minute mark how many we had left.

The officiating all nite was terrible the older grey hair guy needs to seriously hang it up he was always out of position and never seemed to get any kind of consistancy going all game. It was a very poor game.

alasax
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by alasax » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:16 pm

Great BBall minds on this thread!

Over the next 3 weeks we have got to become better FT shooters.

Absolutely no reason for anyone of these guys to be below 75% and most should be between 80-90.
Really.
Maybe with all of the new faces they haven't spent time on Free Throws.
It's a personal thing. Shooting from the stripe is the ONLY aspect of the game where it's just about you.