Max Agbonkpolo Commits

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Max Agbonkpolo Commits

Post by AFCAT » Sat May 04, 2024 10:03 pm

Last edited by AFCAT on Sun May 05, 2024 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Logie Boom! Puzzle complete

Post by technoCat » Sat May 04, 2024 10:06 pm

What does it all mean Basil?!!

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat May 04, 2024 10:20 pm

I'm thinking it's the Utah State kid who was coming here before Sprinkle left...just a hunch.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun May 05, 2024 4:54 pm

MSU will be his fourth university.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

msu_agfan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Max Agbonkpolo Commits

Post by msu_agfan » Sun May 05, 2024 5:18 pm

Former starting player for USC, I wonder what has kept him from being involved with other bigger programs. Seems like an impressive final piece to the puzzle!

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Sun May 05, 2024 5:39 pm

Played quit a bit last year for Utah State, before he got hurt, but didn't score a ton. Hoping Logie can get Max's 3 pt shooting back to what it used to be. Wonder if Sprinkle steered him our way. MSU will be his 4th school.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... agbonkpolo

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun May 05, 2024 5:52 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 5:39 pm
Played quit a bit last year for Utah State, before he got hurt, but didn't score a ton. Hoping Logie can get Max's 3 pt shooting back to what it used to be. Wonder if Sprinkle steered him our way. MSU will be his 4th school.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... agbonkpolo
If I recall correctly, Max was strongly rumored to be coming to MSU last year before the coaching change. Glad he eventually made it!

Desert_Bobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Desert_Bobcat » Sun May 05, 2024 6:42 pm

I’ll be very honest, this one is surprising.. Knew he was in the mix but I figured it would have been another point guard or a center. Not quite sure where he’s going to fit with Patrick, Tyler, Jabe, Brian, Sam, Jeremiah Davis. The one good thing is he can play multiple positions (played 2-4 at USU and Wyo last couple years). Has good length and has good athleticism. Former 4-star is nothing to sneeze at!

Now for the interesting bit... When he was at Wyoming he was dismissed from the team mid-season with Jake Kyman (played at E Wash last year) after disagreements with Wyo coaches on work ethic, playing time, and practice expectations. Jeff Linder and Sprinkle share similar coaching philosophies and expect their players to perform at the highest level at all times so it’ll be interesting to see if Sprinkle took the premadonna out of him or if there is still a bit of that left. For the sake of this MSU team and the current players I really hope we don’t get a situation reminiscent of what happened to that Wyoming team 2 years ago.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sun May 05, 2024 9:38 pm

Damn. Not sure of his personal history with the other schools, but as a talent, this is a great signing.
Excited to see this team next year.

Sprinkle set a high bar but Logie appears to have just kept it going and reloaded.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

imacat

Post by imacat » Sun May 05, 2024 11:44 pm

I am very excited about this recruit. I am not concerned about what happened at Wyoming. Sprinkle and Logie keep in touch. If Max had any issues last season Sprinkle would have told Logie.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon May 06, 2024 11:44 am

Wow, amazing class. Logie is definitively a good recruiter.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon May 06, 2024 1:01 pm

Desert_Bobcat wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 6:42 pm
I’ll be very honest, this one is surprising.. Knew he was in the mix but I figured it would have been another point guard or a center. Not quite sure where he’s going to fit with Patrick, Tyler, Jabe, Brian, Sam, Jeremiah Davis. The one good thing is he can play multiple positions (played 2-4 at USU and Wyo last couple years). Has good length and has good athleticism. Former 4-star is nothing to sneeze at!

Now for the interesting bit... When he was at Wyoming he was dismissed from the team mid-season with Jake Kyman (played at E Wash last year) after disagreements with Wyo coaches on work ethic, playing time, and practice expectations. Jeff Linder and Sprinkle share similar coaching philosophies and expect their players to perform at the highest level at all times so it’ll be interesting to see if Sprinkle took the premadonna out of him or if there is still a bit of that left. For the sake of this MSU team and the current players I really hope we don’t get a situation reminiscent of what happened to that Wyoming team 2 years ago.
Hopefully, any prima donna attitude that is left in him is minuscule now since he is on his fourth team. Obviously, he still wants to play and this is probably his last opportunity to do that at the collegiate level. I'm hoping for a strong leader and player.

homeytennis
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by homeytennis » Mon May 06, 2024 6:09 pm

You don't win the Kentucky Derby racing a mule. Those stars in his recruitment indicates talent.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue May 07, 2024 1:08 am

AFCAT wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 1:01 pm
Desert_Bobcat wrote:

Hopefully, any prima donna attitude that is left in him is minuscule now since he is on his fourth team. Obviously, he still wants to play and this is probably his last opportunity to do that at the collegiate level. I'm hoping for a strong leader and player.
I should hope it’s his last opportunity — he’s already had significant stats in five years. I get the covid thing, but four other years? I’m guessing he got a rewind on Utah State because of the injury but he still played 10 games.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue May 07, 2024 10:44 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 1:08 am
AFCAT wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 1:01 pm
Desert_Bobcat wrote:

I should hope it’s his last opportunity — he’s already had significant stats in five years. I get the covid thing, but four other years? I’m guessing he got a rewind on Utah State because of the injury but he still played 10 games.
I put the word "probably" there because you just never know these days. There are guys on their 7th year in some sports. If he is injured again and petitions for another year at a different school, then who can say for certain that he doesn't get it. I doubt it will happen but I don't believe there are any real rules anymore.

imacat

Post by imacat » Sat May 11, 2024 11:57 am

Article by Parker Cotton in the Chronicle …

https://bozemandailychronicle-mt.newsme ... c6_134d2a3