MBB vs NAU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

John K
Golden Bobcat

Re: MBB vs NAU

Post by John K » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:41 am

homeytennis wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:53 pm
It looks to me like the cream of the Big Sky at the moment are Eastern, Northern Colorado and Montana. Everyone else is bunched up. It should make for an interesting tourney.
I don't know if I'd put the gris in that group. They lost to UNCU today, and it wasn't really very close. They're only 7-5 in BSC play, tied with Weber.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:59 am

MSU wasn’t going to win the regular season championship but it has established itself as a team nobody wants to face in the tournament. Tournaments, however, aren’t something the Bobcats are built for. The next few games are an opportunity to see if another bench can be counted on for some positive minutes in the BSC tournament.

MSU - 16 team National Champions (most recent 2024); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:11 am

I agree, we need another contributor off the bench. If we are able to achieve that, we have what we need to beat anyone in the conference. If we had that contributor, we could consider changes to the starting lineup like starting Sam and bringing Tyler off the bench.

Regarding gris, they belong in the middle group. I've watched them a few times this year and they do not demonstrate the skills or teamwork that EWU and NCU have.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:14 am

John K wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:41 am
homeytennis wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:53 pm
It looks to me like the cream of the Big Sky at the moment are Eastern, Northern Colorado and Montana. Everyone else is bunched up. It should make for an interesting tourney.
I don't know if I'd put the gris in that group. They lost to UNCU today, and it wasn't really very close. They're only 7-5 in BSC play, tied with Weber.
I think when it all shakes out it will be Weber. EWU is too perimeter oriented and will have a bad game in the tournament. Northern Colorado's defense isn't good enough. Montana gets up for certain games, like against Montana State, but can look really bad at times. Weber has Dillon Jones to go get basket when they need one, they have a lot of size, and they have plenty of shooters. I have no idea why they had their slump, but it looks like they've figured it out.

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:16 am

thefrank1 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:11 am
I agree, we need another contributor off the bench. If we are able to achieve that, we have what we need to beat anyone in the conference. If we had that contributor, we could consider changes to the starting lineup like starting Sam and bringing Tyler off the bench.

Regarding gris, they belong in the middle group. I've watched them a few times this year and they do not demonstrate the skills or teamwork that EWU and NCU have.
Regarding the gris it's a dang shame that we were not able to beat them on our home court. We had a great crowd on hand. The women had already taken care of the UM women earlier in the day. Unfortunately, UM played one of their best games of the year and were raining down threes.

homeytennis
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by homeytennis » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:02 pm

I thought the Weber coach was going to get whacked but then have seemed to turn it around. Earlier in the season they have a win vs St Marys the WCC leader at the moment.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:05 pm

Weber is repeating its season from last year, struggled the first half of conference play but turned it on and were hot going into the Tournament. MSU was fortunate to beat them twice in the semis, those games could easily have gone either way.