MBB @ Weber

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

msu_agfan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: MBB @ Weber

Post by msu_agfan » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:54 am

TheBigCat wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:35 pm
Logie this is not division 2nanymore we can’t stop anybody.
We have no athleticism can’t play D.
no slashers, no midrange when is he gonna learn that living and dying by the 3 pointer will not work against good teams. Oh and we can’t rebound either our fast guys are weak can’t finish our slow guys can’t shoot with good defense on them. Crazy
This is getting old... How long have you been a Bobcat fan? Everyone already knows we are starting from scratch, even you. Please leave these thoughts in your head man. These guys are giving their all and are performing better than most true fans ever thought they would this year. If you don't like it, move on. I just looked at your post history, next to never in the positivity realm.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

msu_agfan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:01 am

TheBigCat wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:39 pm
Let’s be honest Patterson is one dimensional he is shooting 38 percent or 36 whatever from both 3 and 2
He can’t rebound, pass,or handle it. His D is horrible he u to slow. Why why depend on that unbelievable!
Patterson has been a pleasant surprise for me this year. Much more defensive, and getting better looks, AND capitalizing on them!

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:38 am

rfischer94 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:10 pm
It was super annoying how the BBQ crowd booed Patterson. Every. Time. He. Had. The. Ball. Get over yourselves.
Refs caused that by calling a technical on him after he fouled and then tripped over the BBQ player. Even the BBQ announcers including "brought a jack knife to a sword fight" Joe Craven said it looked like a common foul.

It WAS very petty fan behavior considering their team was probably up by about 20 when it happened.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:30 am

msu_agfan wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:54 am
TheBigCat wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:35 pm
Logie this is not division 2nanymore we can’t stop anybody.
We have no athleticism can’t play D.
no slashers, no midrange when is he gonna learn that living and dying by the 3 pointer will not work against good teams. Oh and we can’t rebound either our fast guys are weak can’t finish our slow guys can’t shoot with good defense on them. Crazy
This is getting old... How long have you been a Bobcat fan? Everyone already knows we are starting from scratch, even you. Please leave these thoughts in your head man. These guys are giving their all and are performing better than most true fans ever thought they would this year. If you don't like it, move on. I just looked at your post history, next to never in the positivity realm.
Big Cat sounds like a pretty positive dude.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

rfischer94
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by rfischer94 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:50 pm

catscat wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:38 am
rfischer94 wrote:
It was super annoying how the BBQ crowd booed Patterson. Every. Time. He. Had. The. Ball. Get over yourselves.
Refs caused that by calling a technical on him after he fouled and then tripped over the BBQ player. Even the BBQ announcers including "brought a jack knife to a sword fight" Joe Craven said it looked like a common foul.

It WAS very petty fan behavior considering their team was probably up by about 20 when it happened.
I know, right? Not a flagrant 1. Patterson doesn't have a flagrant bone in his body.

oldrunner
New Recruit

Post by oldrunner » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:36 pm

catscat wrote:
rfischer94 wrote:

First off, that was one of the best games I have seen MSU play this year and I have watched a few. Your men played hard nosed D all game long and shot the ball quite well. You held us to 7 less than UM did and scored one more point than they did.

The play you are talking about was not that controversial, other than most of the crowd felt your guy should have been tossed. The initial foul was just a common foul. After that he backhanded our guy in the face while falling to the ground. That looked like it could have been inadvertent. What happened next is what got your guy in trouble. As he was standing over our player, he could have just walked away with just a foul. He didn't do that. He kicked our guy in the back while he was laying on the court and then stepped over him. That appeared to the crowd as being fully intentional and not just an accident. The officials looked at it for quite some time. I think they were trying to judge his intent. He clearly didn't have to do that. The officials decided it didn't rise to the level of an ejection and I agree with that judgement. However most of the fans there did not see it that way. Hence the booing. I'm sure that the next time he has the chance to simply walk away, he will do it. I'm sure it was just a knee jerk reaction and that he wasn't trying to hurt anyone. It didn't change the outcome of the game and is now just an afterthought.

Your team is far exceeding what I and most others had thought going into this season. I feel that you got the right guy to lead your program. Good luck in every game left, except when you play us. =D^ =D^

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:46 am

rfischer94 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:50 pm
catscat wrote:
rfischer94 wrote:

I know, right? Not a flagrant 1. Patterson doesn't have a flagrant bone in his body.
that was a horrible call. Can't believe they reviewed that and came to a Flagrant One conclusion. Tyler just tripped over him going for the ball!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:00 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:46 am
rfischer94 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:50 pm
catscat wrote:
rfischer94 wrote:

that was a horrible call. Can't believe they reviewed that and came to a Flagrant One conclusion. Tyler just tripped over him going for the ball!
Always a little home cooking in Ogden. Ford picked up a blocking call when Jones threw a forearm into Ford’s neck. Heck, Weebs didn’t have a foul called against them until over 10 minutes had been played.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!