WBB vs. Idaho State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Re: WBB vs. Idaho State

Post by tetoncat » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:58 am

catscat wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:03 am
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:02 am
aucat wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:35 am
And speaking of studs, I'm really concerned about the Lady Cats going forward. I try to picture this team without Katelyn Limardo, Taylor Janssen and Madison Hall, and it would not be pretty. But alas, I guess I'll worry about that next year and try to enjoy this season while we still have them!
Try looking back for some perspective. When these players were freshmen, there were plenty of times that it looked very doubtful that they’d be the stars of 2023-24. I think we have a couple of younger players who are playing as well or maybe better than this trio did back then. Development takes potential + time. I see some real potential, but I’m worried about depth. Only six Bobcats scored tonight. But it’s way too soon to start worrying about next year. 💙 💛 😺
Will Deden be back next year? If so, that might alleviate some of your worries about next year.
Sounded like it but I don't think I have seen her on bench last few games.

Sports is not bigger than life

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:46 am

A couple more comments.....focusing on the positive. Absolutely agree with the above comments about the incredible play and effort by Limardo and Madison Hall. As for Taylor--she has an absolutely beautiful stroke. A pure shooter. She needs to SHOOT IT MORE OFTEN!

Natilie Picton is playing really great, especially for a freshman. Her defense and ball handling are superb and she made some beautiful shots as well.

I suspect that Weber State's defense will not be as fierce as ISU's was. Hopefully some of the other players will step up their game on Dec. 31.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:52 am

catscat wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
aucat wrote:
And speaking of studs, I'm really concerned about the Lady Cats going forward. I try to picture this team without Katelyn Limardo, Taylor Janssen and Madison Hall, and it would not be pretty. But alas, I guess I'll worry about that next year and try to enjoy this season while we still have them!
Try looking back for some perspective. When these players were freshmen, there were plenty of times that it looked very doubtful that they’d be the stars of 2023-24. I think we have a couple of younger players who are playing as well or maybe better than this trio did back then. Development takes potential + time. I see some real potential, but I’m worried about depth. Only six Bobcats scored tonight. But it’s way too soon to start worrying about next year. 💙 💛 😺
Will Deden be back next year? If so, that might alleviate some of your worries about next year.
Yes Deden will be back. She announced that even before her injury. So assuming she recovers from surgery she will be a strong leader next year.

KJ and Taylor have not said anything but they CAN come back for another year if they want. These are the last of the Covid extra year eligibility.

Dylan Philip should be back in January so we will see how that changes with Natalie and Dylan at the guard combo.

Loved the analysis of the team above by Joe B. This is still a team in development. Teams like this tend to develop later as they learn how to play together. I started the year thinking we might be a bottom third team after losing 3 all conference players and suffering two big injuries to starters……but now watching them grow I am becoming more optimistic…we may not end up on top but we are going to be competitive.

The ISU game was a struggle but remember year in and out ISU is in the top of the conference in defense. Games against them always seems to be a bit ugly just because of the defense. That being said we just did not take care of the ball last night…too many senseless turnovers or we could have been more in control of the outcome. In my opinion, ISU and MSU are both going to end up near the top of the conference in defensive statistics this year. ISU is young and will be a force as they grow.

And looking ahead I continue to be optimistic. Lexi and Marah both back as a post foundation. Dylan, Nat, and Issy with a year of development. Lindsey essentially getting her freshmen year development now and getting stronger. Brooke getting used to speed of game. Great group of incoming freshman. I still think Ella can make a difference next year if she gets some playing time this year.

It was nice to see Teagan Ericsson and family at the scout report to the Fastbreak Club last night. Coach Bin brought her in to meet the FB group…..nice!

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:29 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:09 pm
rfischer94 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:07 pm
What a finish! Cats go up 13, then give up a 10-0 run and see the Bengals tire it with less than a minute left. Hall hits the go-ahead jumper and secures the win by stealing the inbound pass with 0.7 left on the clock. Great win!
I am totally thrilled for Madison. It’s those moments that you play for, and she had two of them back-to-back tonight. She’ll remember the ending of that game always. Madison brings something that is perhaps just a little lacking with the ‘Cat team — pure athletic ability. I love the video of her go-ahead jump shot. She didn’t panic. She kept everything in line, she jumped, and her release was high and pure, allowing the ball to roll in from the front rim.

Congratulations, ⭐️ Madison Hall. You get the first star of the game. You could get both, but the second goes to ⭐️ Katelynn Limardo, who did a bunch of stuff tonight.

Go ‘Cats! 💙💛😺

(I just love beating ISU.)
Really good win!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:35 am

tetoncat wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:58 am
catscat wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
aucat wrote:
Sounded like it but I don't think I have seen her on bench last few games.
I think she had her surgery over the break and was probably home recovering.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:37 am

BobcatDel wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:52 am
catscat wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
aucat wrote:
Yes Deden will be back. She announced that even before her injury. So assuming she recovers from surgery she will be a strong leader next year.

KJ and Taylor have not said anything but they CAN come back for another year if they want. These are the last of the Covid extra year eligibility.

Dylan Philip should be back in January so we will see how that changes with Natalie and Dylan at the guard combo.

Loved the analysis of the team above by Joe B. This is still a team in development. Teams like this tend to develop later as they learn how to play together. I started the year thinking we might be a bottom third team after losing 3 all conference players and suffering two big injuries to starters……but now watching them grow I am becoming more optimistic…we may not end up on top but we are going to be competitive.

The ISU game was a struggle but remember year in and out ISU is in the top of the conference in defense. Games against them always seems to be a bit ugly just because of the defense. That being said we just did not take care of the ball last night…too many senseless turnovers or we could have been more in control of the outcome. In my opinion, ISU and MSU are both going to end up near the top of the conference in defensive statistics this year. ISU is young and will be a force as they grow.

And looking ahead I continue to be optimistic. Lexi and Marah both back as a post foundation. Dylan, Nat, and Issy with a year of development. Lindsey essentially getting her freshmen year development now and getting stronger. Brooke getting used to speed of game. Great group of incoming freshman. I still think Ella can make a difference next year if she gets some playing time this year.

It was nice to see Teagan Ericsson and family at the scout report to the Fastbreak Club last night. Coach Bin brought her in to meet the FB group…..nice!
Excited to see Teagan next year!